Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 09:58 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,032 times

Advertisements

Happy Friday Everyone!! I'm just so happy & excited that I need to brag a bit today & give a shout-out to my son...he got accepted to all 3 colleges he applied to...Western Carolina, Belmont Abbey College & Ball State University in Muncie, IN...YEAH!!!!! BSU is his 1st choice, so I guess we'll be spending the next 4 yrs visiting IN. This is a kid who struggled in grammar school with a learning disability, never thought he'd want to go to college. With hard work, he's been on the honor roll in high school & is a completely different student. The best part about it is he proved to himself that he can do it. I'm just so proud of him!!!

THANKS!! Just had to let it out!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:11 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
Happy Friday Everyone!! I'm just so happy & excited that I need to brag a bit today & give a shout-out to my son...he got accepted to all 3 colleges he applied to...Western Carolina, Belmont Abbey College & Ball State University in Muncie, IN...YEAH!!!!! BSU is his 1st choice, so I guess we'll be spending the next 4 yrs visiting IN. This is a kid who struggled in grammar school with a learning disability, never thought he'd want to go to college. With hard work, he's been on the honor roll in high school & is a completely different student. The best part about it is he proved to himself that he can do it. I'm just so proud of him!!!

Very cool. Worth braggin about. Congrats.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Quote:

Kudos you have every right to be braggadocios
Shows that your a good parent as well
Im glad you got the first post of a new page sharing the good news

Old 01-22-2010, 10:36 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:

You & your son both did a good job, Rosie.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:14 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,893,114 times
Quote:

As a mother, I share your fears, dreams and aspirations for your child. As I mother I share your joy in seeing those dreams fulfilled and challenges conquered. Congratulations for a job well done by you both!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Default Guys I need your help

my goal is to have this a peaceful forum hopefully by Spring. One that you dont mind your kid, grandma or boss seeing what you do. Those rude posts are consider flaming. I will start with verbal warnings.

If you see any rude posts please report them.
I got use to them since I became moderator
in 2007 I dont sometimes have a clear eye to see them
Please report them.

as you probably already know you will remain anonymous

Old 01-22-2010, 12:56 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,217 times
Default Congratulations to both of you

Quote:

Rosie, As a mother I know what a great feeling it is to know that you have raised a child who can set a goal and by dint of hard work and perseverance accomplish his goal.

You know as well a I do that this is not only a victory for him but for the whole family.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:41 PM

All your good wishes worked...interviewed at 11 am today. Got a call from the recruiter at 2 pm and...I GOT THE JOB!!!! Yay!!! Going in Monday to fill up paperwork for I-9 and background check. Unless, this req gets pulled out (negligible chance), I guess I can start as early as February 1st.

I have to say this was the fastest turnaround ever in my entire career from interview to offer. In this economy, it's short of a miracle!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,910,217 times
Bibit, everyone is thrilled for you. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving person.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:53 PM

Thank you Barb! I was going to wait till I actually started, but couldn't contain my excitement. Had to call hubby at work and then my Mom in CA to break the good news. I'm hoping I didn't jinx it (and get it pulled out), but if it does, it does. It was a great experience anyhow, and the high would last me a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte