Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 12:36 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times

Advertisements

Well that's terrible. My neighbors were shooting off fireworks but everything was over with by 1am. I went to bed at 3am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 12:47 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Well that's terrible. My neighbors were shooting off fireworks but everything was over with by 1am. I went to bed at 3am.
yeah, I go to bed, too, but, since my BR window faces the street where they are partying, it is really hard to "tune out" the music...and, impossible when they start whooping & hollering running up and down the street!!

The community police officer says that they are NOT in the least bit cooperative. (they've gone to the house to try to reason with them) AND, at the last HOA meeting, they tried to bring a complaint against ME for calling 911 so often!!

Sometimes, I just don't call the cops because I know that they are busy doing other things. I am just going to have to be more consistent, so, that the fines get bigger and bigger.

As a last resort, I can bring a "nuisance" lawsuit against them (I looked it up) and there is plenty of case law to support it. Not sure what that would gain. I am fairly certain that they don't have the money to pay...(although they surely have the money to party!)

Old 01-02-2011, 07:49 AM

morning, guys. Well, it was a quiet night...YEA for rain. Just other drama; DS's aging BMW decided to die and trying to get everything sorted to have it towed and fixed....on New Year's DAY!! My youngest will sort it later in the week when the cost is not out the roof...

Yea, this is the son who is unemployed.. driving his brother's car that has been hanging on by threads anyway for the last couple of years. However, being a BMW, NOTHING is cheap to fix, let alone tow....

Old 01-03-2011, 04:26 AM

morning, guys...back to work...

Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,351,628 times
Good morning.
Try to maintain , and refrain from going postal on those fools!! I know it's hard resisting , but unfortunately , the perpertrators are touted as victims nowadays!!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
Good morning.
Try to maintain , and refrain from going postal on those fools!! I know it's hard resisting , but unfortunately , the perpertrators are touted as victims nowadays!!
yeah, thanks. It amazes me that someone could have such disrespect for his surroundings and neighbours. I have lived in far denser areas and have never had such issues.

My respite will come with the cold temps that will prevail for the next month or so. I will have to plan my strategy for the spring/summer. This is starting the 4th year of this nonsense. Many neighbours have moved, but, that, of course, is impossible now...plus, it is ludicrous that crazy people should move me from my home! I am just tired of dealing with it and I know the police are, too.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:40 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,351,628 times
Try filing suit. I recall Barkingowl suggested this. You may be able to have them evicted by the HOA for breaking covenants. That would drive me nuts!! Being the type of person I am , I'd play a few of my classics and look for them to be outside. Passing them by , I'd slow to a crawl , and turn it up. I had to do something similar to a noisy neighbor who insisted upon waking everyone in the building at 6.5 A.M. with that garbage. They soon moved afterward.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:19 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,377,361 times
Happy New Year everyone!! NYE was very tiring...had about a dozen teenagers stay overnight & they didn't fall asleep until 5 am. All well-behaved, just noisy & chatty, so you know I was awake the whole time. Wouldn't have been too bad but I was working on about 4 hrs sleep from the night before. I will say we were the noisest bunch in our corner of the subd at midnight...horns, pots banging & whooping & hollering to ring in the new year. There were several fireworks going off in the area as well. All was quiet by 12:10. My younger brother goes back home today DS has another week until he goes back to college. Have to take his Jeep Wrangler in for repairs. It was driving fine, then all of a sudden he can't get it to go more than 20 mph. Fun...not.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:53 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,947,412 times
I feel for you Rosie. I just replaced both half shafts on my Passat & found out that I need a new turn signal stalk & the front brakes need new pads. If I was going to VW South I'm confident that the repairs would've cost me $1300. But I have a really great mechanic that did the control arms for $40. ( I bought the parts) He will probably charge $20 for the front brakes too. I don't know how much the turn signal stalk will be.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
Try filing suit. I recall Barkingowl suggested this. You may be able to have them evicted by the HOA for breaking covenants. That would drive me nuts!! Being the type of person I am , I'd play a few of my classics and look for them to be outside. Passing them by , I'd slow to a crawl , and turn it up. I had to do something similar to a noisy neighbor who insisted upon waking everyone in the building at 6.5 A.M. with that garbage. They soon moved afterward.
Thanks, eta. Yes, I could file a lawsuit based upon nuisance. There is caselaw to support it. That would be a bit costly and time consuming: two things that I do not have at the moment, going to school while working full time.

The HOA remains apathetic. Fortunately, the president defended "my" calling 911 at the HOA meeting by telling the guy that part of being a responsible neighbour is respecting your other neighbours...meaning, that he wouldn't do anything to me. BUT, he won't do anything to them, either.

I wish that I could bellow some religious tapes that I have in their direction for about a week at 24 hours a day. (yes, I have enough tapes to do it). However, I DO have respect for the remaining neighbours and it wouldn't be fair to them, either. Wish somehow I could figure out how to blast them in their house (the DJ wannabe people) at inappropriate times and then they couldn't turn it off! I am not quite that geeky, however!

YES, it does drive me nuts. I have been in contact with our precinct (police) captain, the community police officers (who have spoken directly to the crazy people twice), posted it on the internet, asked them to stop (directly), asked friends of theirs (who I know) to tell them to stop. I call 911 fairly consistently, I know that they are fined; but, nothing stops them. For that reason, I am convinced that these are not just "parties" but, something else is going on. I think that the cops think that too. The issue, at this point, is finding out just what that is and, then, we have a means to stop it. At this point, the cops are almost as frustrated as I am, and, having a police district angry/frustrated with you is never a good thing.

So, I suppose the good news is that this is a waiting game and as soon as they slip up enough to get caught at what they are doing, I will be rid of them! Hopefully, this will be VERY SOON!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte