Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:31 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth07 View Post
Funny how two people have mentioned complaints about gays - I don't know whether they are serious or not - but give me a friggen break. Gays are not the ones shooting 4-year-olds through windows because they're shooting rival gang members. Gays aren't the ones having 8 kids with 8 different sex partners and then expecting society to pay for it (and badmouth them the whole time). Gays aren't the ones who have pretty much rotted out the urban core of most cities and exhausted an already understaffed police service, not to mention the billions of dollars they cost taxpayers because of overuse of police services, bogus 911 calls, and needless calls.

If you're looking to blame anyone for ruining urban life - then do it. But leave gay people the hell out of that one.
Yeah, most gay communities sprang up in urban centers because no one else was there in the first place. They potted plants in Chicago's streets long before Daley

Old 09-23-2007, 02:54 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,205,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janechild View Post
Well I was born and raised here, living here for over 22 years, and If you are a minority I wouldn't advise you live in this city, this town has extreme insidious racism, the suburbs are the worst when it comes to that. All these people care about is their dumb cubs and white sox games. when it comes to anything socially political, you have to depend on the college students to handle that for you. It's a bunch of gays, closet conservatives, soccer moms and dads, ghetto dwellers in the same crowded polluted city.The air quality is rediculously bad. if you wanna live near the beach, don't expect to see beautiful clean water. they have some of the dirtiest body of water in america. If you live anywhere in the city you wont be able to see the skyline. The crime is terrible. I would say chicago is #1 on top 5 worst cities of america. And if you are into alternative culture, they have their little enclave of belmont which looks hideous like a tornado hit through the entire neighborhood. the bums are compeletely off the charts, and don't even get me started on that mobile piece of **** and **** they call the "el" train. Chicago has all the bad qualities in one city, if you want a big city that's lively try some places in new york or cali. CHICAGO IS JUST A CITY IN THE BORING VANILLA MIDWEST THAT JUST HAPPENS TO BE BIG.

LOL!!! Hands down one of the absolute stupidest posts I've ever seen on here. I'm just picturing a pre-teen throwing a hissy fit when this was written.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:20 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,799,921 times
Anyone who thinks they are "bohemian", but then talks about hanging out at Clark and Belmont has absolutely NO clue. The center of Chicago bohemia was Old Town in the 60's, and then had another major center in Wicker Park and Bucktown in the 80s and 90s. Now that these areas are pretty well Yuppified, the artsy bohemian scene is a bit more scattered and without a center. However, the Ukranian Village and Logan Square seemed poised to take the crown. Pilsen has quite an emerging gallery/arts scene. And as an Uptown resident, I'm actually starting to see more hipsters taking up court here, which is a welcome site for a property owner!

Clark and Belmont??? Maybe if you're in high school and want to hang out at Dunkin' Donuts with the other self-hating suburbanites.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:24 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
LOL!!! Hands down one of the absolute stupidest posts I've ever seen on here. I'm just picturing a pre-teen throwing a hissy fit when this was written.
hey now, don't be too hard on the poor baby. Maybe he had a bad day?

To each his own I say these days.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:27 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Oh man. Every month or so someone bothers responding to this troll thread and bringing it back from extinction.

Can we lock this baby and let it die?

Old 11-09-2007, 02:59 PM

Sorry! It came up while I was Googling historic photos of urban decay in the 1960s and 1970s... (Why, I don't know!) Of course you perpetuated it by posting again!

How about no more posts.... right about NOW!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:48 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Ok.......... NOW!

Wait. I screwed it up again. Dangit!

OK! NOW!

Old 11-09-2007, 03:51 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,558,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Ok.......... NOW!

Wait. I screwed it up again. Dangit!

OK! NOW!
(giggle) you guys are too much.

OOPS, I wasn't supposed to post! whispers sorry

Old 11-09-2007, 05:14 PM

O.K., let's end it..... NOW. For real this time! Oh, crap. And while we're at it, the "meanest city in the U.S." thread also needs to end ASAP!

Old 11-13-2007, 10:19 AM

50 posts, read 112,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labnu View Post
I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN CHICAGO AND STILL LIVE HERE. I disagree with miss Jane. For those looking to move here, its not EXACTLY how she describes it. And yes I am a minority. There are good and bad parts of all cities, yes the south side is ghetto. But the northwest side of chicago, Old Irving park, Jefferson Park, Linclon Park, Portage Park are some of the cleanest places to live.

Wow. I had no idea Hyde Park was part of the ghetto. This is definitely news. And by news I mean absolute nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth07
Funny how two people have mentioned complaints about gays - I don't know whether they are serious or not - but give me a friggen break. Gays are not the ones shooting 4-year-olds through windows because they're shooting rival gang members. Gays aren't the ones having 8 kids with 8 different sex partners and then expecting society to pay for it (and badmouth them the whole time). Gays aren't the ones who have pretty much rotted out the urban core of most cities and exhausted an already understaffed police service, not to mention the billions of dollars they cost taxpayers because of overuse of police services, bogus 911 calls, and needless calls.

If you're looking to blame anyone for ruining urban life - then do it. But leave gay people the hell out of that one.
Yep, par for the course.

Last edited by PetulantSoup; 11-13-2007 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago