Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 11:48 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,269,634 times

Advertisements

fusillirob1983, ok glad we're all good! I've driven past the "Bundy House" in my trips down to Chicago, to show friends when I take them down to the city. Take a trip if it's not too inconvenient. Last time I saw it, it looked almost like we remember from the show Sincerely- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM

575 posts, read 617,118 times
Glendale Heights

Old 04-12-2019, 12:16 PM

207 posts, read 214,333 times
I had no idea! One of my dear friends lives on Castlewood Lane in Deerfield. Wonder if she knows?

Old 04-12-2019, 04:34 PM

olive03, I'd be amazed if she didn't! But in Chicago, the Family Matters house on Wrightwood Avenue is across the park I took my kids numerous times, and never knew it was there until a workmate mentioned it. Actually, I believe the Family Matters house has been replaced now. Have a great day!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-12-2019, 05:49 PM

207 posts, read 214,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
olive03, I'd be amazed if she didn't! But in Chicago, the Family Matters house on Wrightwood Avenue is across the park I took my kids numerous times, and never knew it was there until a workmate mentioned it. Actually, I believe the Family Matters house has been replaced now. Have a great day!- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Awww I liked Family Matters. Looks like the house underwent demo:

https://wgntv.com/2017/09/21/family-...or-demolition/

Never watched Married with Children but will have to ask my friend if she's aware that she lives on the same street. She's from Winnetka originally.

Last edited by olive03; 04-12-2019 at 06:03 PM..

Old 04-12-2019, 06:14 PM

olive03, I'm sure I took pictures of both houses, over my many travels to Illinois. For me, Family Matters was the show I never saw, while Married With Children WAS. I always tell people I'm lucky to have the same birthday as the great Bruce Lee and the Great Urkel! (Jaleel White's birthday also is November 27). Sad that the Family Matters home has changed but your friend's Married With Children House looked pretty much the same last time I saw it... I like to mix up my routes when I visit Chicago, so sometimes I go through Deerfield. And when I take people on tours, I will show them the Bundy House . Forgive me but I did not notice, are you from the area as well?- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-13-2019, 07:57 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,186,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
You're correct. I believe someone bought the property and was going to put a new single family home there a couple years ago.

Old 04-13-2019, 09:01 PM

fusillirob1983, speaking of "infamous" houses, a couple weeks ago I drove to see Al Capone's house. It was NOT in as good shape that I remember from a couple years ago. And then at work, recently, I read an article that it has been recently sold!...As far as the Family Matters house, Chicago then lost a piece of it's fun history.- Have a great night. I just got to work!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-14-2019, 09:50 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,583,691 times
The Married with Children house has a Garfield Ridge vibe.

Also, fun fact, the Perfect Strangers apartment was on Clark/Dickens. Hell of a lot nicer on the show's L.A. set than in real life too.

Old 04-14-2019, 10:43 PM

TBideon, Garfield Ridge is an area I've never seen, so I have to take your word on it... Also, I was not familiar with Dickens Street, nor Perfect Strangers for that matter. I had to map it, and I see it is just west of Lincoln Park. So I may have seen it in the past and just never knew it... Today I was watching the Fugitive with Director's Commentary. The Harrison Ford character house is in Lincoln Park neighborhood, too, apparently... Maybe Al Bundy was hoping to save up to be a neighbor of Dr. Kimble and Balki Master Jay in Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago