Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 07:23 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,186,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
The Married with Children house has a Garfield Ridge vibe.
The inside, yes absolutely. The outside, no. Most Garfield Ridge homes were built in the 40s and 50s probably. The Married with Children type of house likely wasn't built until the late 60s at the absolute latest. There's probably not a whole lot of houses that even look like its exterior within the city limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 08:57 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,583,691 times
Wow, you know your stuff. I just get a working class/bungalow/southside feel with the show.

Old 04-15-2019, 03:32 PM

207 posts, read 214,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
olive03, I'm sure I took pictures of both houses, over my many travels to Illinois. For me, Family Matters was the show I never saw, while Married With Children WAS. I always tell people I'm lucky to have the same birthday as the great Bruce Lee and the Great Urkel! (Jaleel White's birthday also is November 27). Sad that the Family Matters home has changed but your friend's Married With Children House looked pretty much the same last time I saw it... I like to mix up my routes when I visit Chicago, so sometimes I go through Deerfield. And when I take people on tours, I will show them the Bundy House . Forgive me but I did not notice, are you from the area as well?- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Sorry, just saw this. I'm about 15 - 20 mins west of Deerfield (Long Grove/Buffalo Grove border).

Old 04-15-2019, 09:00 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,267,221 times
olive03, no problem. Did you get a chance to see the house yet?- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-16-2019, 03:15 AM

2,157 posts, read 5,496,073 times
Quote:
Please forgive me if I did not look back past enough in this post. You all know the actual house IS in Deerfield, IL, correct? I've driven by it a few times. Sincerely, Master Jay in Milwaukee
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
Hello! I’m the OP of this thread and forgot I had started this almost 6 years ago! But yea, on the introductory post I said the house was actually in Deerfield and my premise for asking this was because it was clear the family would not have lived in Deerfield.

I originally said “Homewood” as a suburb they would have lived in but you know what? The more I thought about it, the more I think that the perfect place for them at the time would have been Lansing! Likely the most affordable part of Chicagoland (on the Illinois side) that they would have been able to afford that home at the time.

Having said that, I could also have seen them moving in the early 2000s to Highland or Schererville. While Portage would have definitely been a good fit for them, I think that would have been way too “Indiana” for even the Bundy’s at the time lol.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
olive03, no problem. Did you get a chance to see the house yet?- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Not yet. Maybe if I visit my friend this summer.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:58 PM

olive03, I hope you are able to visit. Deerfield is a nice community, as is neighboring Highland Park to its east. I've passes through many, many times en route to Chicago. Let us know if you do make the trip. We're all pretty good on here, to make recommendations of things going on, and good restaurants to try! Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-17-2019, 08:02 AM

Quote:
olive03, I hope you are able to visit. Deerfield is a nice community, as is neighboring Highland Park to its east. I've passes through many, many times en route to Chicago. Let us know if you do make the trip. We're all pretty good on here, to make recommendations of things going on, and good restaurants to try! Master Jay in Milwaukee
Thanks! I'm very familiar with Deerfield and HP and have been in both communities multiple times over the years.

Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 AM

olive03, good to hear. Well, then let us know if you decide to take a northern or southern detour. I see there are a lot of people versed in both Milwaukee AND Chicago, and definitely my kind of people! Sincerely, Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 04-17-2019, 11:04 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,061,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertIsBack View Post
Bob Greene, the famous sexual harassing columnist of the Tribune always insisted it was Schaumburg, and I can totally see it.

I don't think the Bundy's would be paying $120 for a plate of crab legs at Shaw's of Schaumburg.

The SW burbs are a better fit, Romeoville, Lemont, Lockport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago