Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 09:14 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,241,918 times

Advertisements

Little Village is not a ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 09:17 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,199,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Little Village is not a ghetto.
Then its a gang ridden hood.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM

295 posts, read 838,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Ah, well. I can see how that would be just as bad as being shot, robbed, having open-air drug market on your street, et cetera. Lawndale... Lincoln Park... it's all the same.
Listen, all I'm saying is that Lincoln Park is not all it's cracked up to be for reasons too long to list. And just because another neighborhood is not the mirror image of Lincoln Park or Lakeview, does not necessarily mean it's the ghetto. It's just different. To be honest, if there were better transportation and more things to do (i.e. bars and retail), I'd live in Pilsen or Bronzeville in a heartbeat.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:20 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,927,429 times
Quote:
Immediately south of Bridgeport, wedged between Pershing, 51st, Halsted to the west and the railroad tracks to the east. There's actually some pretty nice homes there but on the whole that is one Neanderthal neighborhood.

Thats funny, I actually drove through their today. It was a pretty non descript area, pretty dull.

Edit: Actually, I was north of Pershing, so i guess i missed it.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organized Mess View Post
Listen, all I'm saying is that Lincoln Park is not all it's cracked up to be for reasons too long to list. And just because another neighborhood is not the mirror image of Lincoln Park or Lakeview, does not necessarily mean it's the ghetto. It's just different.
Sure, I hear ya. One man's open-air drug market is another man's Argo Tea.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
and to you run-down means no white people of course.
Im out of this converstaion. its your own bad character flaws , not mine.
Little Village is not run down as saying with vacant lots and abandon buildings. I'm saying it have a bad gang problem

Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 PM

295 posts, read 838,012 times
Quote:
Sure, I hear ya. One man's open-air drug market is another man's Argo Tea.
It's all about free enterprise.

I would have gone with Cariboo Coffee but, to-may-to, to-mah-to.

Oh, and haven't a few of the shops on Armitage been robbed at gunpoint over the past few months? Silly me, I thought that only happened in the ghetto?

Old 05-18-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Listen, all I'm saying is that Lincoln Park is not all it's cracked up to be for reasons too long to list. And just because another neighborhood is not the mirror image of Lincoln Park or Lakeview, does not necessarily mean it's the ghetto. It's just different. To be honest, if there were better transportation and more things to do (i.e. bars and retail), I'd live in Pilsen or Bronzeville in a heartbeat.

Pilsen is alright nowadays and Bronzeville is getting there. I'm saying Little Village have a bad gang problem, and that kind of ruins the neighborhood. That hood is notorious for Latin King and Two Six drama. As someone that do live in a suburb that have a silimar bad rep, I know what I'm talking about.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:31 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,446,874 times
Quote:
To be honest, if there were better transportation and more things to do (i.e. bars and retail), I'd live in Pilsen or Bronzeville in a heartbeat.
You may have to come up with a better excuse for not living there because both are very well served by the CTA. I live 4 stops from Clark/Lake but I bet you can get to downtown quicker living off of the 18th st Pink line stop.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
^ I have to agree here.^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago