Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:51 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
The original post so misses the mark. As is usual of the false teacher it selectively quotes what it chooses to represent its view and ignores the rest of the content. As is typical the false teacher uses versus 3:1-4, ignoring the rest.

Malachi 3:5 "And I will come near you for judgement; I will be a swift witness Against Sorcerers, Against Adulterers, Against Perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien-- Because they do not fear Me," Says the Lord of hosts.

When facing a false teachering more often then not you can know it is false by its obvious selective quotations. It often fails to encompass the whole word. Here we see the condemnations of the false teacher specifically. Those who have no fear of God who perjure themselves claiming the are of Him, but in reality are of the world. They speak in the court of God at this very moment under oath lies and words not of Him. Their judgement is coming.

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob."

The LORD affirms He will not change His plans for He does not change. He does not look upon sin nor will he accept those found to be in sin. Unrepentant unbelieveing man to include the false teachers of false truths.

Malachi 3:7 "Yet from the days of your fathers You have gone away from My ordinances And have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you," Says the Lord of hosts. "But you said, 'In what way shall we return?'

Those God condemned feigned innocence and being right with God. They did not recognize their sin or refused to accept it. They clung to their concepts and their false teachings. Claiming to be of God, they were trapped in their own lie.

Malachi 3:8 "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, "In what way have we robbed you?' In tithes and offerings.

9 you are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.

10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house,

Now of course this speaks to those who do not give what God is rightly due. It also speaks to those who claim what God his not claimed. Those who speak of love, but deny His Holiness and Justice rob God. The Jews feigned ignorance of this crime and now so do their Gentile brothers. You false teachers are robbers of God's House.

The believer need not argue with the false teacher. When the false teacher selectively quotes and ignores the rest simply give them the rest of scripture. Of course most will deny it, but there might be a few the Holy Spirit convicts of their guilt. Never doubt the power of God to move in the heart of an unbeliever and a false teacher.

Those who teach a false gospel are robbers in the House of God. They deny their offense to their own peril. The Jews did it in Malachi 3 and the false claims of a false teacher have manifested themselves in their own words in this thread to their own conviction. Malachi 3 has nothing to do with repentence after one has died, but it is everything to do with those who pervert God's word robbing Him of His glory!

There is yet time to repent. Or you can continue to rob the scripture of Truth!

May the Lord God Jesus Christ find you in Truth!
Amen.... Aschultz !! Thank you !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 07:17 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
A "just June" request here:

Everybody *breathe*

~June's aware of the fact that every now and then we get a little heated in what we think we did or didn't take one way or another way, but let's try and keep this one on topic?

It's all good...

Old 06-14-2010, 05:32 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,032,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God draws the sinner with His Holy Spirit, but it's up to the sinner to accept the invitation. Once the sinner accepts the invitation, the purification begins. However, if the sinner rejects the invitation enough times, he will eventually die and pay for his own sin for eternity; there's no purification after death.
You preaching permission theology. God doesn't need our permission to save us. Again, the sinner is carnal and will NOT seek God therefore there is no way to accept an invitation by carnal man.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Verna, I completely agree that we are to obey Christ. But my post still stands that there is a purification that takes place AFTER death during the time when Christ comes to His Temple. Those people will OBEY Christ. Obviously, this shows they didn't OBEY Christ beforehand.
Hi trettep,
Nice thread!
I believe it may be possible that the purification happens at the moment of death. "He that is dead is freed from sin." Death will free us from all our sin.
Israel passed through the Red Sea, but Egypt did not. I believe this has a spiritual significance for us today: the Spirit will pass through at death. The flesh with all its pride will be left behind. "There shall be two men in one bed. One man shall be taken, the other shall be left." This is not justification for homosexuality, but the division of the new man from the old man.
We all have a strange relationship with Egypt. It wants us, we want it, but we don't want it, too!
Also, God did not punish Israel for being slaves to Egypt. It was part of His plan for Israel, and a type to be shown to the world.

Just some thoughts I wanted to throw out there...!

blessings!
brian

Old 06-14-2010, 06:08 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi trettep,
Nice thread!
I believe it may be possible that the purification happens at the moment of death. "He that is dead is freed from sin." Death will free us from all our sin.
Israel passed through the Red Sea, but Egypt did not. I believe this has a spiritual significance for us today: the Spirit will pass through at death. The flesh with all its pride will be left behind. "There shall be two men in one bed. One man shall be taken, the other shall be left." This is not justification for homosexuality, but the division of the new man from the old man.
We all have a strange relationship with Egypt. It wants us, we want it, but we don't want it, too!
Also, God did not punish Israel for being slaves to Egypt. It was part of His plan for Israel, and a type to be shown to the world.

Just some thoughts I wanted to throw out there...!

blessings!
brian
That's interesting Brian....I never thought of the two men in bed, one shall be taken and one left behind as the separation of the old man and the new man. I was always taught that it had to do with the rapture but if there are two men in bed neither one of them is going to be taken in a Rapture!! Your assessment makes more sense.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's interesting Brian....I never thought of the two men in bed, one shall be taken and one left behind as the separation of the old man and the new man. I was always taught that it had to do with the rapture but if there are two men in bed neither one of them is going to be taken in a Rapture!! Your assessment makes more sense.
No, no, no....PLEASE Ilene, do not listen to that......
Some of this stuff being posted is not scriptual and the leading of God's Holy Spirit !!!

Luke 21:18
8. And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near ' Do not go after them.

John 8:24
24."Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

John 8:21
21. Then He said again to them, "I go away, and you will seek Me, and will die in your sin; where I am going, you cannot come."

John 7:34
34. "You will seek Me, and will not find Me; and where I am, you cannot come."

Anyone whom dies in their sin, their sin goes with them unto death..... There will not be a second chance to repent.... once dead, you are dead in your sin!!

This is why Christ stated the above scripture !!!
Also....
Luke 1:77
77. To give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins.

Why did God send John the Baptist..... ?? To prepare the way of the coming of Christ who has come to a sin sicken filled world, bringing salvation by dying on the Cross and resurrecting to give us life through His forgiveness NOW.
He is our Atonement, NOW..... not later !!

If man could have the second chance after death then God would have not need to send John the Baptist to warn the people..... to prepare the way for Jesus Christ and the need for His forgiveness if it didn't matter if one died in their sins or not !!

Mark 1:4
4. John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Come on Ilene, please pray and listen to the Lord Jesus, not their interpretations !!

Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:

I agree with Brian.

After prayerfully pondering it, I slowly came to view the "two will be in the field, one will be taken, the other left.." as exactly THAT. There are TWO men WITHIN the SOLITARY man that is in the field. The man dies, crumpled on the ground, his carnal nature left behind with his dead physical body, while his spiritual nature/being is taken back to God.

I see it as both something that is taking place, a process when we physically die, as well as what is going on now to believers presently as we walk with God:

Romans 6:1-11
What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the sinful body might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin. For he who has died is freed from sin. But if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him. For we know that Christ being raised from the dead will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. The death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus.

Old 06-14-2010, 12:01 PM

696 posts, read 915,773 times
Quote:
Read deeper for you are going furthur and furthur down a path no believer can follow.

There is no scriptural support in these comments. Its conjecture Ilene. Its speculation. Its commenting with no basis of scripture as its foundation. Its a rape of the scripture at best A twisting of truth into falsehood. There is yet time for you to appreciate truth.

When we study scripture we do not accept a piece from the whole in our thoughts. The two men in one bed holds no theological and scriptural validity in this conjecture by a false teacher.

Thats take a look at the whole of the scripture.

Luke 17:20-21 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; now will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed , the kingdom of God is within you."

The Kingdom of God in this life resides in the believer in their physical existing flesh. The believer who yeilds to that Spirit indwelling them has their flesh controlled by that same Spirit. Thus only those who are of the Spirit have the God given ability to overcome sin. Those who do not have the Spirit can not overcome sin. This includes the brain and the heart. That deceitful thing which has no good and is the chosen instrument of the false teacher. For the false teacher is not of God.

22-24 Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after them or follow them. For as the lightning flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.

Even now there are those who claim He is here or there, but look deeper. There are those who claim, "He is in me!" teaching doctrine of demons and precepts of man. A cruel and perverse generation has arisen claiming to be teachers of men without submitting to the word of God. Like those who claim the physical presence of Jesus in the wilderness, they proclaim Him to be in them. But all they give is relativity and selective quotation. I answered the original OP with its selective quotation. I yet again answer a post with selective quotation and no scriptural support. Using conjecture and speculation, but not the literal Word.

25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

Those who claim Him and teach contrary to scripture reject Him and they are of that generation. They may not have stood there physically, but they are there.

26-30 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on that day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Show me Ilene just once please where those destroyed return. Show me where those cast out return. Show me where the goats seperated are allowed again with the sheep. Show me where those who love and believe a lie enter the gates in Revelation 22. Do not believe conjecture and do not believe a lie.

31-33 "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. Remember Lot's wife. Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it."

Notice the application of the singular person. There is no seperation of a spirit from the body. Not one. Look above. Even a name is given. Like the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, when we see a name we know it was an actually literal event. Show me here a seperation of the spirit from the body.

34-36 "I tell you, in the night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."

This is the seperation of two individuals. Do not be of the perverse mind thinking that two men in one bed holds any signifigance. Those not of the Spirit read more into what it is. Consider the women grinding and the men in the field. Use the application of the Book of Ruth. The workers of the field often lived together and slept together during the harvest time. Did not Boaz sleep with his workers when Ruth placed herself at his feet? These are stories of distinct individuals. One will be taken the other left. The believer will be taken the unbeliever left. The believer will be taken, the false believer left.

37 And they answered and said to Him, "Where Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

I tell you this truly Ilene many gloss over this part and those who misquote this application of scripture fail to understand it. Not knowing or being of the Truth they fail to understand the Proverb.

Simply put where one eagle circles it does not mean much, but where many circle there is a deadbody. This speaks to the signs of His coming and when we see His warnings come together faster and faster each day we know it is near. This is a warning of the Second Coming and has absolutely nothing to do with physical death, it has to do with spiritual death and eternal seperation from God. Those left are spiritually dead and are seperated.

Paul tells us there will be a great falling away. It is evidenced every day on this board. There are tons of believers who watch this falling away occur before our very eyes. Just a few days ago I was sent a personal emailed lamenting you. You might not be aware, but we are all watching as our Lord watches. But let us look at the words of Paul I spoke of....

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be shaken in mind or troubled either by the spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one decieve you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Is this the anti-Christ? I would say yes, but I would also point out to you that as Christ is the fulfillment of the prophets, the anti-Christ is the fulfillment of the false teacher. They seat themselves as teachers of God, but attempt to take His place. Claiming a decietful love and hypocrisy of self they await the coming of their lord to rule this world.

5-12 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will cosume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the work of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and will all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them a strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

They think they are teachers Ilene. They think they are called. But having no love of truth, they have believed a lie. Not answering God's call He has cast them to that which they have chosen. A lie to their own discredit and peril. We as believers are told about those who claim our Lord, but do not walk with us.

1 John 2:3-6 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

How do you walk as Him? By the whole of scripture, all 66 books, the complete Bible. You do not selectively quote scripture to your own gain. You keep it with the whole. You do not speculate or use conjecture. You take it for what it literally says. You do not accept a false teacher as one of us, for scripture clearly defines they are not of us as above. And if you were once walking with us, but fall away scripture answers that too....

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the AntiChrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

There is yet time Ilene. There are those who will indignantly challenge this post, but the Lord will judge rightly between they and I. I tell you that you walk a perilous line of your own choice. But you can make the right choice to which you will be sealed by the Spirit. The false teacher can not overcome Scripture for it is written.....

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (color emphasis added)

This is the gospel message. The Lord has overcome the deceiver and his false teachers. Yes, they propagate a false message for awhile, but it is only awhile longer. The time draws closer. There is no seperation of the spirit from the body in eternity. Jesus had literal hands that could be touched. The holes where there. They could see the marks on his feet. They could place their hand in his side. He speaks to you and all who need the Gospel message....

John 21:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believeing."

Ilene this is not simply a message for you, but for all those who do not believe, and even more so for the false teacher. Each of you has been called, but none of you have answered. Your life might have changed for awhile. It might even feel better to you at this very moment. But it is not this life and this time we are looking to. This time is our trial by fire. We chosen of God in Christ are sealed by the spirit and we appeal to you in this shortened time. Repent and believe in Him. Stop believeing in concepts imagined in the deceitful heart. False teaching is false and of no truth. Poison diluted with water is still poison. It may not kill you as quickly as a full cup of poision, but it will kill you none the less over time and you will face that eternal seperation. The very thing you deny!

Old 06-14-2010, 03:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Read deeper for you are going furthur and furthur down a path no believer can follow.

There is no scriptural support in these comments. Its conjecture Ilene. Its speculation. Its commenting with no basis of scripture as its foundation. Its a rape of the scripture at best A twisting of truth into falsehood. There is yet time for you to appreciate truth.

When we study scripture we do not accept a piece from the whole in our thoughts. The two men in one bed holds no theological and scriptural validity in this conjecture by a false teacher.

Thats take a look at the whole of the scripture.

Luke 17:20-21 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; now will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed , the kingdom of God is within you."

The Kingdom of God in this life resides in the believer in their physical existing flesh. The believer who yeilds to that Spirit indwelling them has their flesh controlled by that same Spirit. Thus only those who are of the Spirit have the God given ability to overcome sin. Those who do not have the Spirit can not overcome sin. This includes the brain and the heart. That deceitful thing which has no good and is the chosen instrument of the false teacher. For the false teacher is not of God.

22-24 Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it. And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after them or follow them. For as the lightning flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.

Even now there are those who claim He is here or there, but look deeper. There are those who claim, "He is in me!" teaching doctrine of demons and precepts of man. A cruel and perverse generation has arisen claiming to be teachers of men without submitting to the word of God. Like those who claim the physical presence of Jesus in the wilderness, they proclaim Him to be in them. But all they give is relativity and selective quotation. I answered the original OP with its selective quotation. I yet again answer a post with selective quotation and no scriptural support. Using conjecture and speculation, but not the literal Word.

25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.

Those who claim Him and teach contrary to scripture reject Him and they are of that generation. They may not have stood there physically, but they are there.

26-30 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on that day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

Show me Ilene just once please where those destroyed return. Show me where those cast out return. Show me where the goats seperated are allowed again with the sheep. Show me where those who love and believe a lie enter the gates in Revelation 22. Do not believe conjecture and do not believe a lie.

31-33 "In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. Remember Lot's wife. Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it."

Notice the application of the singular person. There is no seperation of a spirit from the body. Not one. Look above. Even a name is given. Like the parable of the rich man and Lazarus, when we see a name we know it was an actually literal event. Show me here a seperation of the spirit from the body.

34-36 "I tell you, in the night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left."

This is the seperation of two individuals. Do not be of the perverse mind thinking that two men in one bed holds any signifigance. Those not of the Spirit read more into what it is. Consider the women grinding and the men in the field. Use the application of the Book of Ruth. The workers of the field often lived together and slept together during the harvest time. Did not Boaz sleep with his workers when Ruth placed herself at his feet? These are stories of distinct individuals. One will be taken the other left. The believer will be taken the unbeliever left. The believer will be taken, the false believer left.

37 And they answered and said to Him, "Where Lord?" So He said to them, "Wherever the body is, there the eagles will be gathered together."

I tell you this truly Ilene many gloss over this part and those who misquote this application of scripture fail to understand it. Not knowing or being of the Truth they fail to understand the Proverb.

Simply put where one eagle circles it does not mean much, but where many circle there is a deadbody. This speaks to the signs of His coming and when we see His warnings come together faster and faster each day we know it is near. This is a warning of the Second Coming and has absolutely nothing to do with physical death, it has to do with spiritual death and eternal seperation from God. Those left are spiritually dead and are seperated.

Paul tells us there will be a great falling away. It is evidenced every day on this board. There are tons of believers who watch this falling away occur before our very eyes. Just a few days ago I was sent a personal emailed lamenting you. You might not be aware, but we are all watching as our Lord watches. But let us look at the words of Paul I spoke of....

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be shaken in mind or troubled either by the spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one decieve you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

Is this the anti-Christ? I would say yes, but I would also point out to you that as Christ is the fulfillment of the prophets, the anti-Christ is the fulfillment of the false teacher. They seat themselves as teachers of God, but attempt to take His place. Claiming a decietful love and hypocrisy of self they await the coming of their lord to rule this world.

5-12 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do until He is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will cosume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with brightness of His coming. The coming of the lawless one is according to the work of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and will all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them a strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

They think they are teachers Ilene. They think they are called. But having no love of truth, they have believed a lie. Not answering God's call He has cast them to that which they have chosen. A lie to their own discredit and peril. We as believers are told about those who claim our Lord, but do not walk with us.

1 John 2:3-6 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked.

How do you walk as Him? By the whole of scripture, all 66 books, the complete Bible. You do not selectively quote scripture to your own gain. You keep it with the whole. You do not speculate or use conjecture. You take it for what it literally says. You do not accept a false teacher as one of us, for scripture clearly defines they are not of us as above. And if you were once walking with us, but fall away scripture answers that too....

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the AntiChrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

There is yet time Ilene. There are those who will indignantly challenge this post, but the Lord will judge rightly between they and I. I tell you that you walk a perilous line of your own choice. But you can make the right choice to which you will be sealed by the Spirit. The false teacher can not overcome Scripture for it is written.....

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie. (color emphasis added)

This is the gospel message. The Lord has overcome the deceiver and his false teachers. Yes, they propagate a false message for awhile, but it is only awhile longer. The time draws closer. There is no seperation of the spirit from the body in eternity. Jesus had literal hands that could be touched. The holes where there. They could see the marks on his feet. They could place their hand in his side. He speaks to you and all who need the Gospel message....

John 21:27 Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believeing."

Ilene this is not simply a message for you, but for all those who do not believe, and even more so for the false teacher. Each of you has been called, but none of you have answered. Your life might have changed for awhile. It might even feel better to you at this very moment. But it is not this life and this time we are looking to. This time is our trial by fire. We chosen of God in Christ are sealed by the spirit and we appeal to you in this shortened time. Repent and believe in Him. Stop believeing in concepts imagined in the deceitful heart. False teaching is false and of no truth. Poison diluted with water is still poison. It may not kill you as quickly as a full cup of poision, but it will kill you none the less over time and you will face that eternal seperation. The very thing you deny!

I always find it funny when Christians tell other Christians they need God because of a shift in perception...

Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
If you physically die before you have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior...truly born again...changed into the character of Christ...living in obedient faith...in the will of the Father...but instead, continuing to wilfully sin...you will not enter into heaven with the LORD for all eternity...Period...

...and to proclaim such a lie to innocence is something you will pay dearly for...an eternity spent separate from God...standing before Him with your hands dripping with their blood who believed your lies...God forbid anyone would believe He will allow worker's of iniquity entrance through those precious pearly gates!

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Your wrong. Nuf' said ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity