Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 05:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times

Advertisements

I just thought I would stop in to wish everyone a happy, healthy and blessed New Year.
Be safe, and warm tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 10:02 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I just thought I would stop in to wish everyone a happy, healthy and blessed New Year.
Happy New Year, it sounds like bombs going off at my house and the fireworks are right over head for 30 min, but I haven't so much as walked outside to watch in ten years. I just hear them blowing up, lame huh?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:16 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Happy New Year, everyone!

Old 01-01-2018, 03:47 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Good to see you, Miss Blue.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:11 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Happy New Year to everyone on R&S.

Old 01-02-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Happy New Year to everyone on R&S.
Merry Christmas, happy Hannakah, happy new year, and praise be the Lord.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:09 PM

Yesterday I started ready some of the mountain of documents about my family I hadn't looked at yet. Both my mother's side and my father's walked the trail of tears. My grandfather had 12 kids, but his father bore 25 kids between two wives, and his father owned a Plantation and he was extremely wealthy, I have his will with 100 slaves named. He owned an island, a mansion and very many houses with thousands of acres he names in his will. We lost everything because my great Grandfather married a full blooded Indian named Tennesee Wiles, and when he died, the rest of the family took everything from my Indian grandmother and her kids. Pretty interesting, the things they say going back to 1800, most of it was written in 1830.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:53 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yesterday I started ready some of the mountain of documents about my family I hadn't looked at yet. Both my mother's side and my father's walked the trail of tears. My grandfather had 12 kids, but his father bore 25 kids between two wives, and his father owned a Plantation and he was extremely wealthy, I have his will with 100 slaves named. He owned an island, a mansion and very many houses with thousands of acres he names in his will. We lost everything because my great Grandfather married a full blooded Indian named Tennesee Wiles, and when he died, the rest of the family took everything from my Indian grandmother and her kids. Pretty interesting, the things they say going back to 1800, most of it was written in 1830.
I found this to be interesting, as I have traced my families history. My daughters were amazed to see our family crest or coat of arms. In Dutch, a familiewapen. And one of my daughters has even located where her great, great, great, great grandparents (going back seven generations) lived, and found marriage certificates, etc., and other aspects of their lives. Including any beliefs they may have followed. She intends on moving to one of these places next year and realized - she could get a "special" visa (not a master card ) to live there by proving her birth line (ancestry).

If you want, you can call me, Lord Jerwade.

Old 01-04-2018, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I found this to be interesting, as I have traced my families history. My daughters were amazed to see our family crest or coat of arms. In Dutch, a familiewapen. And one of my daughters has even located where her great, great, great, great grandparents (going back seven generations) lived, and found marriage certificates, etc., and other aspects of their lives. Including any beliefs they may have followed. She intends on moving to one of these places next year and realized - she could get a "special" visa (not a master card ) to live there by proving her birth line (ancestry).

If you want, you can call me, Lord Jerwade.
Ok O mighty high Lord, king of the universe, I am about dead set on going out to look at all that land and that island somewhere in Virginia that all my family comes from, it is pretty interesting, EVERYONE needs to do ancestry, I haven't yet, but I am going to.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:05 PM

Kept reading my family history, and it was a list of people who married their first cousin, one after the other married their first cousin like it was mandatory, maybe that's what is wrong with me lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity