Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:02 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

The absolutely impenetrable primitive ignorance that has been perpetuated for millennia and protected by the belief that ignorance is a virtue regarding belief about God is the most insidious deception imaginable. That modern educated and literate human beings can abide this abomination and feel proud and blessed by God for such blind and irrational "faith" will stand as the most incomprehensible psychological mystery of human consciousness. The existence of this evil stands as proof positive of satanic forces at work in the minds of humans. There can be no greater proof of the wisdom of belief in the reconciliation of all souls to God than the utter incomprehensible irrationality of those who oppose it. May the love of Jesus eventually penetrate this powerful deception protected by deliberate ignorance so all may know the true love and nature of our God.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Whew....that was a mouthful...and with no scripture to back any of it up...hmmmm

Old 07-03-2010, 09:24 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,571,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The absolutely impenetrable primitive ignorance that has been perpetuated for millennia and protected by the belief that ignorance is a virtue regarding belief about God is the most insidious deception imaginable. That modern educated and literate human beings can abide this abomination and feel proud and blessed by God for such blind and irrational "faith" will stand as the most incomprehensible psychological mystery of human consciousness. The existence of this evil stands as proof positive of satanic forces at work in the minds of humans. There can be no greater proof of the wisdom of belief in the reconciliation of all souls to God than the utter incomprehensible irrationality of those who oppose it. May the love of Jesus eventually penetrate this powerful deception protected by deliberate ignorance so all may know the true love and nature of our God.

Isaiah 29:13 Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but removed their "HEART" (LOVE) far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept/doctrine of men:

14 Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid....

18 And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of "THE BOOK", and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness.

Blessings my friend...

Old 07-03-2010, 09:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Did not Jesus say He was the resurrection, before He resurrected?

What as that got to do with anything ? . Are you really trying to act that ignorant that you have no knowledge the disciples were not that quick about what Jesus was trying to tell them including the resurrection.

Like i have already said my post had nothing to do with the resurrection you replied to my original post thinking it was , and i have repeatedly told you it is is not.

Here's my post again to remind you .
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sciotamick i commend you on your knowledge regarding Preterism and orthodox christianity , i am sure you have spent many hours in study to grasp the teaching of both ,yet it's something which an unbeliever could school himself in if he so desired .

I prefer this myself

13When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.Acts 4

The men who said this were schooled men who had not been with Jesus . What was it these unlearned ordinary men had learnt from being around Jesus ? the doctrines of preterism ? , the trinity ? , the rapture ?, end time ministry ? , or was something far superior to all that ? , could it be that the fishermen, tax collectors and the like were drawn to and affected by His acceptance of them has they were, and being unlearnt in the teachings of men , they were readily open to receive the things of God ?

Quote:
It was not the resurrection that drew them at all , they had no faith or understanding of such a thing until after He rose from the dead .

I felt i needed to say what i said for the benefit of other posters who may find you just a little intimidating due to your knowledge on preterism and orthodox christianity .
You have made yourself look stupid by implying it was the resurerection that drew the disciples to Jesus , and your attempt to deflect it away from you is laughable

Old 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Whew....that was a mouthful...and with no scripture to back any of it up...hmmmm

Sciotamicks, I have been watching this thread for quite awhile, and I have noticed that you have not answered any of the questions put forth to you.

How, in the last few pages, did this jump from you stating that you and the elect are only Israelites, and that God only loves his children, and that ALL people are not his children, to this. (Hint~~~It has something to do with you).

You have not proven a single thing. All you have done is changed the subject.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Sciotamicks, I have been watching this thread for quite awhile, and I have noticed that you have not answered any of the questions put forth to you.

How, in the last few pages, did this jump from you stating that you and the elect are only Israelites, and that God only loves his children, and that ALL people are not his children, to this. (Hint~~~It has something to do with you).

You have not proven a single thing. All you have done is changed the subject.
You can't question the learnt like that

Old 07-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Quote:
You can't question the learnt like that
Oh......

Wait, scratch that crying. I don't care anymore.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Oh......

Wait, scratch that crying. I don't care anymore.

Actually i think i maybe guilty of changing the subject from the OP to the disciples being unlearnt ignorant men , which Sciota for some reason has a hard time acknowledging.

Like i said earlier the guy is well learnt in the teachings of men , which can be very intimidating to some, but not to those of us who have had heard enough of it to last us a life time.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Actually i think i maybe guilty of changing the subject from the OP to the disciples being unlearnt ignorant men , which Sciota for some reason has a hard time acknowledging.

Like i said earlier the guy is well learnt in the teachings of men , which can be very intimidating to some, but not to those of us who have had heard enough of it to last us a life time.
That is mighty kind of you to put the blame on yourself, but, no. This has been going on for MANY pages. Even before your posts on the teachings of men. It started with sciotamicks arguing with us about just who exactly God's children are.

In fact, I will try to line this all up and do a post on it. Maybe that will clear things up.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:07 AM

I had it already to go, but I hit the wrong button.

This is the gist of it:

Sciotamicks wanted everyone to know that God only loves those whom God elected. He says we are not ALL God's children.

I replied with Paul's sermon to the pagans where Paul lets the pagans know that God created them too and wants them to get to know him. Acts 17:29. "Since we are God's children." Yes, even the pagans are God's children.

Sciotamicks will have none of it.

The End.

Acts 17:26. From one human being he created all races of people and made them live throughout the whole earth. He himself fixed beforehand the exact times and the limits of the places where they would live.

Acts 17:27. He did this so that they would look for him, and perhaps find him as they felt around for him. Yet God is actually not far from any one of us;

Acts 17:28. as someone has said, "In him we live and move and exist.' It is as some of your poets have said, "We too are his children.'

Acts 17:29. Since we are God's children (Pagans, not yet "saved"), we should not suppose that his nature is anything like an image of gold or silver or stone, shaped by human art and skill.

Acts 17:30. God has overlooked the times when people did not know him, but now he commands all of them everywhere to turn away from their evil ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity