Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
God is Love, Gods whole council is made of Love it cannot be made of anything else, for God IS love.

May people find this peace and live their life to the fullest in the spirit not in religious slumber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"Always the same old demons!! "get thee behind me satan!!
Move!! Go from whence you came!! Move over! "BACK"!! I-rebuke-you in-the name-of-Jesus Christ!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
And considering she follows this post:

With this:

It seems to be against the "God is love" demons???!!!

Seriously though - whatever you think or our belief that "God is love" Betsy - I'll tell you this: The fight has always been against religiosity which blocks the entrance into the kingdom which is love, joy and peace in the Holy Spirit. It has ALWAYS been against the oppressive powers that be and FOR the oppressed.

"You are of your father the devil" was a phrase reserved for the religious exclusionists. "Who has bewitched you" was a phrase reserved for those who wanted to go back under the law (like some here do). Show me one case where Jesus or an apostle went off on someone for believing God is love?

The doctrine of demons is the one that proclaims an all persuasive devil is victorious against the saving power of Christ - instead of proclaiming the truth that "Now is the Prince of this world cast out". It is the one who denies that God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. It denies that God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself and that ALL creation will be reconciled. It denies that "as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive".

Also - us "God is love" proponents aren't necessarily adhering to some mamby pamby ideas about God's love. I believe in the lion of Judah who strikes fear in the hearts of the oppressors. "Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain".

I believe in a love which is violent when necessary, just as I would break through a thousand garrisons and have no pity if one of my daughters was being harmed (for instance).

The BIG BIG difference between a fundie and me though is that I understand the wrath is NOT and will never be against the souls of men, even though because of where they are spiritually and circumstantially they are often taken out. They are the VICTIMS here - not the perpetrators. Mankind was created in God's image and is the apple of God's eye and all humans will ultimately be freed by Christ since they are the offspring of God and since in God they live and move and have their being.

So while some preach the doctrine of eternal wrath and torment I will continue to bring the good news. That God is not against people - only against the powers that bind them. Only against the prisons that hold them in darkness and ignorance.

I will speak against the age old religious systems that continue to deny God's love and true character.
Great post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 07:31 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Ephesians 6:12 "For we are not fighting against flesh people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms".

Old 06-30-2010, 07:32 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Passing on another great message, one that could possibly save your life!

“Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,” 1 Timothy 4:1.

When it comes to our Bibles there are basically two doctrines available to all humanity: God’s doctrines or precepts, and man’s interpretations of God’s doctrines and precepts. Throughout history, man in many cases has made it clear that he believes he is wiser than God. Whenever this insanity occurs, he inevitably changes God’s doctrines to fit his own ideas. Then he goes a step further and he instructs others in the doctrine he has invented. Of course, man’s truth, when derived from demons, will always be contradictory of God’s truth.

The men who intrude into God’s sphere of truth with the express desire to change God’s word are only following the lead of a demon. Since the beginning of time man has disparaged God’s word, usurped God’s authority, and supplanted God’s truth and God’s will for his own.

The list of doctrines of demons is long and, in the minds of those who follow such tripe, distinguished. Every misguided approach to God’s word, which ultimately leads people away from Jesus Christ, is a doctrine that can be laid in the lap of a demon. “They even sacrificed their sons And their daughters to demons,” Psalm 106:37. Throughout the Bible we can read how man has been enthralled by demons (devils in the KJV). Even to the point that they were convinced sacrificing their children to a demon was a positive thing. That’s called abortion today.

Be assured even the demons know the scriptures and those who follow false doctrines will never hear the whole truth. They will only be taught a portion of truth and a whole plethora of lies so that the demons can hold sway over the biblical illiterate. Many people simply refuse to search the scriptures to ascertain whether or not they are being lied to. This is a very dangerous path to take.

If a pastor stands before a congregation week in and week out and only speaks of God as love, never venturing into the realm of God’s judgment, then that pastor is thoroughly neglecting those tough, sometimes evil, churned up waters of sin where we find most people actually live. He would be a pastor who resides only within the boundaries of political correctness; his congregation isn’t being taught the whole council of God.

If lost folks only hear messages which peacefully tickle their ears sure they’re going to return for more tickling, but they will never become convicted of their sins. But let that pastor place them in the middle of their sin and he’ll be assured of a mass exodus.......

Full article here: Ron Graham

What an awesome read! We're truly living in a time where the truth is becoming increasingly unpopular. Men love their darkness and revel in it! Jesus himself says: I am the light of the world: he that follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.”

We repeatedly come to you, day after day, warning you about the hour in which we're living, yet, it appears you're content on being blinded by this darkness; which means you can’t see whats going on.....it could certainly be said that you’re in ignorance. And mind you, that doesn't have to mean your crazy, or dumb. It means, that you’re uninformed. It means that you’re in the 'dark' about things that you should know about both in practical and spiritual things. It's often said: Ignorance can be educated, amen? What's in the dark can come to light!

Good people, God doesn’t want His children to be stumbling around in the darkness of ignorance. He wants us to be informed. He wants us to have the revelation knowledge of His Word so that we can better do His will in the earth. Doing our part to help establish His Kingdom; while pulling down Satan‘s kingdom of darkness. Don't take my word for it, take His!! The Holy Spirit is our Teacher, who's here to lead us into ALL truth, ALL OF IT!! Not just the parts that "tickle our ears", mind you! If you haven't never owned and opened a Bible, it's time. Haven't dusted it off in years? It's time. So after you've bought one, found one, dusted it off AND open it..... pray first and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and to lead you into the revelation truth of God’s Word. Expect Him to be there with you as you read and be sensitive to His voice, be listening with your spirit for Him to teach you some things about what you’re reading. Receive it, in faith! AMEN??

Knowing the truth of God’s Word can mean the difference between failure or success in your walk with Jesus. WRITE IT ACROSS YOUR HEARTS and take it with you everyday! It will give you the POWER to ward of the lies, to pick sense from nonsense! It can mean the difference between power of the Holy Spirit in your life and defeat. When God said: “My people perish for lack of knowledge.” He wasn’t talking about how much of the Word you can quote. He’s talking about how much of the revealed knowledge you have in your spirit of the Word. That Word revealed and made alive in your spirit by the Holy Spirit!!!

With love......your sister in Christ
Betsey, what most churches won't tell you is this; The doctrine of demons had to do with Christian liberty, and the prophecy had to do with a prediction that a world system would rise up and try to put people back into an old system that would have tight control over the masses, and the Christians would lose their freedom that they had in the Holy Spirit. Fear is bondage, and Christ came to loose religious bondage. The doctrines of demon's were the forbidding of marriage, forbidding people to eat certain foods and so on.

And I'll bet that the verse about having your conscience seared with a hot iron had to do with the knowledge that Timothy had about religious systems, and he knew how much men love their power. He knew men that were only interested in control and were up to some terrible things. What system took over in about 300 A.D.? Constantine? Augustine? Catholicism? War? Indulgences? Torture?

I Timothy 4:1. But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,

I Timothy 4:2. These people will speak lies disguised as truth. Their consciences have been scarred as if branded by a red-hot iron.

I Timothy 4:3. They will try to stop others from getting married and from eating certain foods. God created food to be received with prayers of thanks by those who believe and know the truth.

The paragraph below is from: 1 Timothy 4:3 forbidding people to marry, and insisting on abstinence from foods

Another part of their character is that they forbid to marry, forbid their clergy to marry, and speak very reproachfully of marriage, though an ordinance of God; and that they command to abstain from meats, and place religion in such abstinence at certain times and seasons, only to exercise a tyranny over the consciences of men.

Old 06-30-2010, 07:36 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Okay, so demons are invisible? I kind of felt like she was implying that I was a demon! I'm pretty sure I'm not - but I guess you never know!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:40 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:

With this:

Seriously though - whatever you think or our belief that "God is love" Betsy - I'll tell you this: The fight has always been against religiosity which blocks the entrance into the kingdom which is love, joy and peace in the Holy Spirit. It has ALWAYS been against the oppressive powers that be and FOR the oppressed.

"You are of your father the devil" was a phrase reserved for the religious exclusionists. "Who has bewitched you" was a phrase reserved for those who wanted to go back under the law (like some here do). Show me one case where Jesus or an apostle went off on someone for believing God is love?

The doctrine of demons is the one that proclaims an all persuasive devil is victorious against the saving power of Christ - instead of proclaiming the truth that "Now is the Prince of this world cast out". It is the one who denies that God will have all to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. It denies that God is in Christ reconciling the world to Himself and that ALL creation will be reconciled. It denies that "as in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive".

Also - us "God is love" proponents aren't necessarily adhering to some mamby pamby ideas about God's love. I believe in the lion of Judah who strikes fear in the hearts of the oppressors. "Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain".

I believe in a love which is violent when necessary, just as I would break through a thousand garrisons and have no pity if one of my daughters was being harmed (for instance).

The BIG BIG difference between a fundie and me though is that I understand the wrath is NOT and will never be against the souls of men, even though because of where they are spiritually and circumstantially they are often taken out. They are the VICTIMS here - not the perpetrators. Mankind was created in God's image and is the apple of God's eye and all humans will ultimately be freed by Christ since they are the offspring of God and since in God they live and move and have their being.

So while some preach the doctrine of eternal wrath and torment I will continue to bring the good news. That God is not against people - only against the powers that bind them. Only against the prisons that hold them in darkness and ignorance.

I will speak against the age old religious systems that continue to deny God's love and true character.

You just so beautifully put into words something that has been surfacing again, (but with a fiercer intensity) in my whole being. Where God's wrath lies. Not with men. But with that which holds them captive. That which binds them.

The depths of love in which His plan is rooted in grows ever deeper. I would never, ever have seen this type of thing had He not first given me the beautiful truth of His love and reconciliation of all. It just gets bigger. It just gets more majestic. The puzzle pieces fit that much tighter. And the love in your heart grows that much more.

Our Creator loves us beyond our imagination.
Our suffering will be turned to joy.
All are in the palm of His hand.

peace,
sparrow

Old 06-30-2010, 07:55 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:

With this:

Firstborn I salute this post...a man of profound reason...

Matthew 23:1-39

Old 06-30-2010, 09:03 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
You just so beautifully put into words something that has been surfacing again, (but with a fiercer intensity) in my whole being. Where God's wrath lies. Not with men. But with that which holds them captive. That which binds them.

The depths of love in which His plan is rooted in grows ever deeper. I would never, ever have seen this type of thing had He not first given me the beautiful truth of His love and reconciliation of all. It just gets bigger. It just gets more majestic. The puzzle pieces fit that much tighter. And the love in your heart grows that much more.

Our Creator loves us beyond our imagination.
Our suffering will be turned to joy.
All are in the palm of His hand.

peace,
sparrow
Careful sparrow. You might incite a 'righteous' mob with torches proclaiming our Creator loves us like that.Moderator cut: inappropriate for this forum

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-01-2010 at 03:49 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 09:18 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Okay, so demons are invisible? I kind of felt like she was implying that I was a demon! I'm pretty sure I'm not - but I guess you never know!
What a beautiful singing imp you are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Careful sparrow. You might incite a 'righteous' mob with torches proclaiming our Creator loves us like that. Didn't you know He's always p*ssed off and we're going to pay the price?
You be careful too...you may just get the first stone thrown...just to lighten the mood really...

Blessings...

Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,618,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Ephesians 6:12 "For we are not fighting against flesh people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms".
Exactly!!!

Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
1 Timothy 4:1 The Spirit says clearly that in later times some believers will desert the Christian faith. They will follow spirits that deceive, and they will believe the teachings of demons.

Doctrines of demons. Doctrines suggested by demons. The Greek daimonion, demon, not devil, always refers in the New Testament to an evil spirit.

...many will depart from the faith (From the true doctrine of God) - The doctrine once delivered to the saints (the true faith teachings of Paul, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Timothy, Silus, Tutis, and Gaius)...the truth taught before Jesus was even born. Giving heed to seducing spirits - Who inspire false prophets.

Come back to your first love...

Revelation 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Nevertheless. After all these words of promise...there is a stain on the garments of the church.

Thou hast left thy first love...

You have not kept the passion nor the desire; the faithfulness and the loyality...the devotion of the love of your history...(of the father's of our faith)...

Nothing can satisfy the Bridegroom but the passionate...hot...glowing love of the Bride...
...and this change depicted in the above verses...in love for the Father, shows that many years must have passed since the last time Paul had communicated with the Ephesian church...and the same holds true today as well.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity