Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
What's the worst punishment that can ever be done to a person?

A: Crucifixion, and the servant is not greater than his Master.
Correct answer:

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is to say excepting of course those that take some perverted pleasure in the myth of ET because the idea that most of humanity will be tortured and burned for ever assuages their perverted sense of "justice" and "holiness".
2 Peter 2:22
Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”

Old 12-30-2010, 12:00 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
2 Peter 2:22
Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”

Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
The nail in Jesus' hand and feet is the ultimate nail that will doom Satan's lie...

John 6:40
For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

• The truth is:
"The Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life,"

"Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life"

• Satan's universal lie is: (depending on the OP)
"The Father's will (desire) is that everyone (all) shall have eternal life,"
"Believe in the Son is not required to have eternal life .. it doesn't matter"

Satan says"
  • Atheist ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • Muslim ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • Buddhist ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • New Ager ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • Baal ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
  • sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexual offenders ? "doesn't matter ... you're UR !"
Honestly the reason all will have eternal life is because IT'S NOT FAIR OTHERWISE ..... GOD!

Here we go again with the black-and-white thinking.

According to you, if you don't believe in the Fundamentalist Christian version of the truth, then you must believe "anyting goes" with nothing in between.

Real life isn't that black and white. I think it's the height of arrogance to pretend to fully know and understand the mind of God.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think it's the height of arrogance to pretend to fully know and understand the mind of God.
You said it, Amen!!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:59 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
a feel good message

So are you saying that the gospel message must bother a person for there to be truth in it?

Old 12-30-2010, 07:14 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham
You're partly right. All will believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, the Lamb slain as the perfect blood sacrifice of God to wash away sin; but, it won't do many of them any good because they will have become believers once they lift up their eyes in the eternal torments of that place called hell -- and there are no second chances.

It's obvious that UR's hate the true and living God, so they've gone about making up their own god who comforts their feelings.
Dear scgraham, the Bible never speaks of salvation as a "chance," so why say it? I would never say you hate the true and living God so you've gone about making up your own god to comfort your feelings, just because you believe differently.

Why be so judgmental?

Where in the Bible does it state that "people in eternal torments in a place called hell" will believe Christ died for them?

The Bible does show people being saved after death.

Romans 11:30-32 CLV For even as you once were stubborn toward God,
yet now were shown mercy at their stubbornness, (31) thus these also
are now stubborn to this mercy of yours, that now they also may be
shown mercy." (32) For God locks up all together in stubbornness, that
He should be merciful to all."

Notice that those who were stubborn to the evangel in Paul's day that God promised He will extend mercy to them? By "mercy" He means "save them."

When will God show them mercy? They've already died, almost 2000 years ago. They will be shown mercy after being resurrected from the dead.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Here we go again with the black-and-white thinking.

According to you, if you don't believe in the Fundamentalist Christian version of the truth, then you must believe "anyting goes" with nothing in between.

Real life isn't that black and white. I think it's the height of arrogance to pretend to fully know and understand the mind of God.
I don't what you mean by "again" ...however it is Jesus that makes it clear that its a black or white issue.

For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:48 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
I don't what you mean by "again" ...however it is Jesus that makes it clear that its a black or white issue.

Exactly right. It is black and white. The word of God is absolutely clear that apart from an individuals personal faith in Christ he cannot be saved, but will remain under condemnation.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's right Ilene. Jesus put the nails in the coffin of Satan's UR propaganda

Jesus makes it clear that its a black or white issue....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity