Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:47 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is called reaching. God does not desire for the wicked to die, but they will die unless they turn around.

So, did God enforce His desire concerning the wicked? Did He force them to salvation and obedience? No, He gave them a chance to repent and turn, but many chose not to do that. He says "why will you die", which clearly declares that they die because they chose to die.

Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die....
Why do you so vociferously defend YOUR beliefs about what happens after death to those who disagree with you, Finn? The UR's believe on Christ and seek to follow His commands to "love God and each other." I assume you are doing the same. So what's the problem?

Old 07-15-2011, 07:50 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,281 times
Quote:
Your words, not mine, and I would appreciate it if you would stop trying to insert them into my mouth.

God WILL NOT break His own laws and lie for you, or anyone else. That does not mean He is impotent.

Your way of thinking: Will God move the rocky mountains to Europe? No? Is He not able to do so? Is he really that impotent? What a loser.
Haha funny. Now you are inserting thoughts into my brain...

You are the one who believes God does not achieve His own desires. God desires things but is forever frustrated. That is an impotent God. That is your belief, and it is contrary to scripture that says God will achieve all He desires. For whatever reason, you just can't accept it.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:00 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you so vociferously defend YOUR beliefs about what happens after death to those who disagree with you, Finn? The UR's believe on Christ and seek to follow His commands to "love God and each other." I assume you are doing the same. So what's the problem?
That is a misrepresentation of my comments. I have never suggested something will happen to someone because they do not agree with me. Believe in Christ and be saved!! It has nothing to do with agreeing with me. Anyone who is born againg of the Spirit will be saved whether or not they agree with me on something.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Haha funny. Now you are inserting thoughts into my brain... You are the one who believes God does not achieve His own desires. God desires things but is forever frustrated. That is an impotent God. That is your belief, and it is contrary to scripture that says God will achieve all He desires. For whatever reason, you just can't accept it.
Call God whatever you want, but DO NOT CLAIM I HAVE SAID SOMETHING I HAVE NOT SAID!!!!

Enough already. I have explained what I mean by 'permissive will', but since you continue to misrepresent my words, it is time for good byes.

Have a nice day.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:15 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
Quite obviously I was referring to your conclusions and attemps to link to unrelated verses together.
Oh, the conclusion of what "to determine" means in relationship to a verse that declares that all Gods Desires he WILL DO?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Quote:
That is a misrepresentation of my comments. I have never suggested something will happen to someone because they do not agree with me. Believe in Christ and be saved!! It has nothing to do with agreeing with me. Anyone who is born againg of the Spirit will be saved whether or not they agree with me on something.
You did not answer my question. It was about why you need to DEFEND your beliefs ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH. I repeat . . . " The UR's believe on Christ and seek to follow His commands to "love God and each other." I assume you are doing the same. So what's the problem?"

Old 07-15-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Call God whatever you want,
I did not call God anything.

Quote:
but DO NOT CLAIM I HAVE SAID SOMETHING I HAVE NOT SAID!!!!
I did not claim you have said something you have not said. I was simply describing your belief system.

impotent:
1. not potent; lacking power or ability.
2. utterly unable (to do something).

You have repeatedly said that God desires things that will not happen.
Based on this, the conclusion one draws is that God is unable to achieve His desires.
But this is contrary to the scriptures, scriptures which you don't even address, scriptures that simply say that God does achieve all He desires.

Quote:
Enough already. I have explained what I mean by 'permissive will', but since you continue to misrepresent my words, it is time for good byes.

Have a nice day.
You too Finn...

Job 23:13 ...He does whatever he pleases.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
I know everyone has hope, but it did not sound like you thought so.
I just realized here that your statement above is untrue. You believe there is no hope for the vast majority of humanity.

I'm sorry, that's a very sad belief. But the truth is there really is hope for every single individual. Can you say you really believe that?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
You did not answer my question. It was about why you need to DEFEND your beliefs ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS AFTER DEATH. I repeat . . . " The UR's believe on Christ and seek to follow His commands to "love God and each other." I assume you are doing the same. So what's the problem?"
Did someone say there was a problem? I am not sure why you ask, because it is the URs who keep talking about after death and hell, while I have said very little about that. I am speaking about the importance of salvation.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:20 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Did someone say there was a problem? I am not sure why you ask, because it is the URs who keep talking about after death and hell, while I have said very little about that. I am speaking about the importance of salvation.
Because the alternative is so grotesque that it is better out of sight, out of mind. Ignoring what you truly believe isnt helping. IMO

Just come out and say that you don't really care if millions burn as long as it's not you. At least then you are being genuine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity