Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2012, 01:54 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickinmx View Post
God needed to see blood for sin , Or a sacrifice for sin.
I assume we have common ground on this .
Now i dont understand why he would give himself as a sacrifice for sin?

I have tried to ask this before and it was cut.

If this question is off the topic then what is the point of this thread?

If this is your belief then it must have a base,
a center. You wish to convince others he is God , but why ,.? what is my gain?
I believe he gave his son , as abraham gave his out of love . And that he is the portal to the father .
Now if you wish to take the faith and the belief from my youth and shatter it to pieces, you will not do so by haveing people cut legitimant questions.

And my question is simply this.
If God did not give his only begotten son then where the hell are we.
I had nothing to do with whatever got deleted. I did report someone elses post because it was a deliberate insult for the purpose of evoking a reaction, but I made no request regarding your post. As I said, contact the moderator regarding any removal if the reason for the removal wasn't given.

Why do I want people to understand that Jesus Christ is God? In the interest of truth as revealed in the word of God. But what you believe is your choice. You can accept the truth or you can reject it.

The Bible states plainly that Jesus Christ is God. This is in fact the emphasis of the gospel of John.

Read Phil 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus 6] who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7] but emptied Himself [of the independent function of His deity], taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8] Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

That passage says that Jesus Christ existed as God, and that He became a man and went to the cross.

It is likewise stated in John 1:1 compared with John 1:14 that the Word [the preexistent Jesus] was with God and WAS God, and that He became a man.

Jesus stated His deity.

John 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins."

Jesus' reference was to His deity. In certain contexts, 'I am' is a self designation for God. Jesus was stating that He is God. In John 8:58 Jesus stated that before Arbraham was, I am. This was a reference to His preexistence as God. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.

Those who do not believe that Jesus Christ is God will die in their sins.

Aside from some heretics, the Church from the very beginning understood that Jesus Christ is God.

As for the phrase, 'the Only begotten Son', it is more accurately 'the uniquely born Son' and refers to the virgin birth of the humanity of Jesus Christ, who from eternity past was commissioned to become a man and die for the sins of the world.

Last edited by Michael Way; 11-18-2012 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 01:58 PM

810 posts, read 1,437,525 times
Quote:
Who did he willfully obey? Himself????
Now if God himself died then he died because no liveing human could keep the very laws he died for..

No ... I will sooner say he knew it was possible and he asked his own son to show us ... And then he died perfect which was the ultimate sacrifice, giveing us the second chance we need .
I'm confused by your post...
When you read the scriptures, do you not see demonstrations of Jesus obedience and subjection towards his father?
If you are saying that Almighty God sent his son, Jesus, who was born free from sin since he did not inherit it...and Jesus being a perfect human died perfect...being the ultimate sacrifice...and thus giving us the 2nd chance...then I agree. lol!

Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 PM

74 posts, read 143,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post
When you read the scriptures, do you not see demonstrations of Jesus obedience and subjection towards his father?
If you are saying that Almighty God sent his son, Jesus, who was born free from sin since he did not inherit it...and Jesus being a perfect human died perfect...being the ultimate sacrifice...and thus giving us the 2nd chance...then I agree. lol!
Yes , forgive my mix of sarcasm...
Yes i believe that
Jesus demonstraited obedience to his father.

And no i dont believe God can or did die.
But his son became man and did.
Aaaand his father saw it happen and raised him on the third day..

Last edited by clickinmx; 11-18-2012 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: more

Old 11-18-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I had nothing to do with whatever got deleted. I did report someone elses post because it was a deliberate insult for the purpose of evoking a reaction, but I made no request regarding your post. As I said, contact the moderator regarding any removal if the reason for the removal wasn't given.

Why do I want people to understand that Jesus Christ is God? In the interest of truth as revealed in the word of God. But what you believe is your choice. You can accept the truth or you can reject it.

The Bible states plainly that Jesus Christ is God. This is in fact the emphasis of the gospel of John.

Read Phil 2:5 Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus 6] who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7] but emptied Himself [of the independent function of His deity], taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8] Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

That passage says that Jesus Christ existed as God, and that He became a man and went to the cross.

It is likewise stated in John 1:1 compared with John 1:14 that the Word [the preexistent Jesus] was with God and WAS God, and that He became a man.

Jesus stated His deity.

John 8:24 "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins."

Jesus' reference was to His deity. In certain contexts, 'I am' is a self designation for God. Jesus was stating that He is God. In John 8:58 Jesus stated that before Arbraham was, I am. This was a reference to His preexistence as God. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Isaiah 43:10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "And My servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and believe Me And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, And there will be none after Me.

Aside from some heretics, the Church from the very beginning understood that Jesus Christ is God.

As for the phrase, 'the Only begotten Son', it is more accurately 'the uniquely born Son' and refers to the virgin birth of the humanity of Jesus Christ, who from eternity past was commissioned to become a man and die for the sins of the world.
The reason was hijacking and off topic...
Ok its all good if it wasnt you.

Last edited by clickinmx; 11-18-2012 at 03:17 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-18-2012, 03:11 PM

Ok then mike... Please read john chapter 17...
And do so with a clear head , no doctrine, in other words like an 8 year old child. And tell me what it says.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Only God is perfect. Only a perfect sacrifice is acceptable. The book of Hebrews goes into that. The priest, who offers sacrifices for the people, first has to offer one for himself. His sacrifice is only good for a time. Jesus offered one for all time. Only as God can he do that.

Why?...

Old 11-18-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Where does it say this?...It states that if you believe that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved...

Old 11-18-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:

Jesus stated His deity.

mike i looked up one random verse . It was john 8:24.
It does not say( if you believe that i am) , It says says (if you believe that i am he....)
KJV
Do you twist all your verses as you do this one?

Old 11-18-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeveenh View Post

You are forgetting about that prophecy in Isaiah, I think....

Old 11-18-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
mike i looked up one random verse . It was john 8:24.
It does not say( if you believe that i am) , It says says (if you believe that i am he....)
KJV
Do you twist all your verses as you do this one?
I've caught Mike doing that several times and when I called him on it, got no response...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-19-2012 at 05:06 AM.. Reason: drop it... OK?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity