Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Sure. John 3:16-36.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
To tell the whole gospel, you have to show why mankind needed a savior.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Then the consequences...

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Then, the good news.

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you have any examples of this Jimmie from the ministry of Jesus and the apostles ?.
Quote:
Sure. John 3:16-36.
Quote:
See also John 4:7-26.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
See also John 4:7-26.
Jimmie, you are doing what another poster did on the truth offends thread. Where is Jesus saying to the hearer,why you need him as your Savior,Jesus throughout his ministry pointed folk to life( the answer), not their failure( the effect of not knowing it). While you're at it supply scriptural examples where the apostles did the same thing.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Jimmie, you are doing what another poster did on the truth offends thread. Where is Jesus saying to the hearer,why you need him as your Savior,Jesus throughout his ministry pointed folk to life( the answer), not their failure( the effect of not knowing it). While you're at it supply scriptural examples where the apostles did the same thing.
I've given you plenty of examples. Jesus said He offered His body and blood for the remission of sins. We needed a savior because our sin separates us from our holy God.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I've given you plenty of examples. Jesus said He offered His body and blood for the remission of sins. We needed a savior because our sin separates us from our holy God.
But Jesus never once said let me show you why you need me as your savior in John chapter 3 of 4

Here's what Jesus was conveying to the hearer

Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God(not what a lousy miserable sinner you are), and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
True, and you have shown plenty of examples.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:01 PM

304 posts, read 302,132 times
Quote:

Only if GOD IS A FASCIST. Why would you worship MUSSOLINI? Serious, I'm not joking. The gospel.........

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, That HE sent HIS SON SO YOU CAN BE ENABLED TO LOVE THE WORLD AS GOD DOES< SUPPORTED AND EMPOWERED BY GOD. YOU WILL BE CHANGED. Period. That's a smashing of several scriptures just to be brief. I can get more people pointed to GOD without ever even admitting there is such thing as sin, than you can threatening them.

You stand in the middle of a compass drawn on a field. I tell you that you are sinning and will go to hell, you need to ask for forgiveness and stop sinning. :| YOU buy the story. You freak out. You beg forgiveness and being where you sinned run.

You run randomly.

You have 359 wrong directions to run to get TO God. you have ONE direction TO GOD. (Agapao)

What are the odds they will be pointed in the right direction. Not only that you teach them to focus on their sins which has them trying to make them a better person. Scripture says they must be at rock bottom, like AA or NA or SA or any of the 12 steps.

YOu teach them, to, in effect, interfere with GOD'S work in them. Blessed are the POOR, PAUPER, DEPENDENT in SPIRIT. NOT the strong spirit that denies to sin. ehehe I KNOW your heart is well intentioned. Seriously. I'm not speaking to your character. But, unbeknownst to you, you have been put on a path that is taking you away from GOD, not to Him.

Quote:
Then the consequences...

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Then, the good news.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

Old 10-06-2013, 12:15 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:

Note it is "mankind" . . . our entire species . . . NOT you or any other individual, jimmie. Our entire species was NOT achieving its purpose. No one had achieved perfect (mature) agape love . . . so our entire species was disconnected from God's agape love.
Quote:
Then the consequences...
Then, the good news.
“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in (pisteuo eis) Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."
The unfortunate phrasing of pisteuo eis has been the major stumbling block for most of humankind. Those who understood it in their original languages (whichever it was other than English) . . . knew it was NOT some mere intellectual acceptance of some set of beliefs ABOUT Christ. They knew it was an inner conviction and drive to follow and emulate Christ in every way. But once translated into English and attached to specific church membership and their specific beliefs ABOUT Christ . . . the damage was done.

Church survival and growth was attached to the specific beliefs ABOUT Christ . . . and the original meaning was lost to history. That is how "believe IN" the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Christ came to dominate the interpretation of pisteuo eis. The anti-Christ apostasy causing the divisions, conflicts and inconsistencies among the churches became the focal point of the majority of Christianity . . . as prophesied for the latter days. Christians abandoned following Christ and His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when they didn't to focus on believing the "right things" ABOUT Christ. Everything else is the result of human vanity and hubris.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Note it is "mankind" . . . our entire species . . . NOT you or any other individual, jimmie. Our entire species was NOT achieving its purpose. No one had achieved perfect (mature) agape love . . . so our entire species was disconnected from God's agape love.The unfortunate phrasing of pisteuo eis has been the major stumbling block for most of humankind. Those who understood it in their original languages (whichever it was other than English) . . . knew it was NOT some mere intellectual acceptance of some set of beliefs ABOUT Christ. They knew it was an inner conviction and drive to follow and emulate Christ in every way. But once translated into English and attached to specific church membership and their specific beliefs ABOUT Christ . . . the damage was done.

Church survival and growth was attached to the specific beliefs ABOUT Christ . . . and the original meaning was lost to history. That is how "believe IN" the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Christ came to dominate the interpretation of pisteuo eis. The anti-Christ apostasy causing the divisions, conflicts and inconsistencies among the churches became the focal point of the majority of Christianity . . . as prophesied for the latter days. Christians abandoned following Christ and His instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when they didn't to focus on believing the "right things" ABOUT Christ. Everything else is the result of human vanity and hubris.
Although you tend to be wordy for no apparent reason, I don't (think) I disagree with you here. You should not assume I don't understand what belief means in this context.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:20 PM

304 posts, read 302,132 times
Quote:
Although you tend to be wordy for no apparent reason, I don't (think) I disagree with you here. You should not assume I don't understand what belief means in this context.
Who KNOWS how to raise children best?

You who read a book led by the Spirit of God?

Or the man Grandad Walton with 3 generations of kids under him?

One knows how to raise a child.

The other KNOWS how to raise a child.

Think about it, Ginosko, the word, is the one used for "know" your wife.
it's also the one used for know, in a lot of those verses, that the evangelical neo-cons interpret as "what we can reason and rationalize".

If you wanna make a baby, who has a better chance, the one that is intimate with their wife, or the one that read a book. Until the experience is done, it's an epic fail.

Writings, are to help you experience, they aren't to be used to replace experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity