Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:44 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
LOL, NOT BY YOU, THANK GOD, (smile).
No, of course not...I meant by HaShem...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
the Lord Jesus paid for our sins that are past, and his atoning sacrifice covers, and cleanses us from all unrighteousness, and sin. he redeemed us from the curse, and the law. he did not remove the curse, but redeemed us from it. (its your choice to walk in it). if one is not in him, then one still walk under the curse. Romans 3:24 "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God”.

now, for those who are in Christ, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
What are your sins?...Or don't you sin anymore?...

Old 05-20-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
1 Corinthians 1:18 "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Of course...But, what is your point?...

Old 05-20-2014, 02:52 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte
So why does God require Jesus' blood to right the scales of sin now?
First of all, Christ died for ALL our sins including the sins of those He pardoned.

He was merely applying to them the effects of His sacrifice of the future. Christ still had to die for our sins.

Christ, through obedience to God in going to the cross had to undo all the first Adam did in his disobedience (see Romans 5:12,18,19).

Old 05-20-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Try telling me what The Law of Love is. The point is that "the laws" would be better stated as "the principles" and it is because the principles of Concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation are "written on our hearts" that laws, rules and regulation are not required in the Body of Christ (they are civil government for the ones who need them).

Alright, I will do any or all of the things you listed and which I put in bold as soon as you tell me how I can do them in love. Yes, I do fail from time to time and I know that He is faithful and just to forgive me.

Try to remenber that His kingdom, at least at this point, is NOT a kingdom of the world and we are not trying to rein in the wicked, but guide those who love in how to best express it.

Wow, I'm sorry that all you are after in Christ is "pie in the sky," you could have SO much more.
She is ONLY after escaping the second death, according to her, that's all...

Old 05-20-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why would brotherly love of you require him to heed what you believe about the scriptures????
Mystic, hush up...She's trying to teach us "truth"...

Old 05-20-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Disagreement with YOU is not automatically unscriptural. It is just disagreement over interpretation of scripture. It has nothing to do with brotherly love.
Yes, it does, Mystic, you just cannot see...

Old 05-20-2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
I said take heed to the scriptures, not me, (smile). see your ERROR. if you disagree, you disagree with the scriptures.
If one disagrees with 101c, one IS disagreeing with Scripture...

Old 05-20-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I can say the same thing about you in the opposite. but I'm like our God, Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool".

come lets reason together. and the way one reason is by the scriptures.
Omg, Mystic, Do you realize that 101c is G-d???...It just hit me!!!...

Old 05-20-2014, 03:24 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Omg, Mystic, Do you realize that 101c is G-d???...It just hit me!!!...
I have noticed that 101c and Twin Spin seem to have the same mistaken view of their reading of scripture. As they seem to see it . . . the way they read and understand it is the way God intended us to read and understand it, period! It is a fairly common failing of human nature. I have also noticed that they do not allow questions or reasoning to enter their interpretations. That is why the OP's question will soar right over their heads. They try to draw no parallels and make no conclusions about the reasonableness of what they have been taught to think about God. To the un-indoctrinated . . . it is a reasonable question and reveals the absurdity of the idea that God required such a horrendous scourging and crucifixion before He could forgive us. Sadly such reasoning and rationality is useless against unreasoning credulity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity