Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 02:37 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
so?, just because a gospel was committed unto someone don’t mean that they can’t witness to someone.

now what about those question I asked about. which I see you never answered.
Just say you don't know...Go and read what Peter said...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
so?, just because a gospel was committed unto someone don’t mean that they can’t witness to someone.

now what about those question I asked about. which I see you never answered.
Acts 15

*1* And certain having come down from Judea, were teaching the brethren--`If ye be not circumcised after the custom of Moses, ye are not able to be saved;'

*2* there having been, therefore, not a little dissension and disputation to Paul and Barnabas with them, they arranged for Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them, to go up unto the apostles and elders to Jerusalem about this question,

*3* they indeed, then, having been sent forward by the assembly, were passing through Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conversion of the nations, and they were causing great joy to all the brethren.

*4* And having come to Jerusalem, they were received by the assembly, and the apostles, and the elders, they declared also as many things as God did with them;

*5* and there rose up certain of those of the sect of the Pharisees who believed, saying--`It behoveth to circumcise them, to command them also to keep the law of Moses.'

*6* And there were gathered together the apostles and the elders, to see about this matter,

*7* and there having been much disputing, Peter having risen up said unto them, `Men, brethren, ye know that from former days, God among us did make choice, through my mouth, for the nations to hear the word of the good news, and to believe;

*8* and the heart-knowing God did bare them testimony, having given to them the Holy Spirit, even as also to us,

*9* and did put no difference also between us and them, by the faith having purified their hearts;

*10* now, therefore, why do ye tempt God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

*11* but, through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, we believe to be saved, even as also they.'

*12* And all the multitude did keep silence, and were hearkening to Barnabas and Paul, declaring as many signs and wonders as God did among the nations through them;

*13* and after they are silent, James answered, saying, `Men, brethren, hearken to me;

*14* Simeon did declare how at first God did look after to take out of the nations a people for His name,

*15* and to this agree the words of the prophets, as it hath been written:

*16* After these things I will turn back, and I will build again the tabernacle of David, that is fallen down, and its ruins I will build again, and will set it upright--

*17* that the residue of men may seek after the Lord, and all the nations, upon whom My name hath been called, saith the Lord, who is doing all these things.

*18* `Known from the ages to God are all His works;

*19* wherefore I judge: not to trouble those who from the nations do turn back to God,

*20* but to write to them to abstain from the pollutions of the idols, and the whoredom, and the strangled thing; and the blood;

*21* for Moses from former generations in every city hath those preaching him--in the synagogues every sabbath being read.'

*22* Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole assembly, chosen men out of themselves to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas--Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren--

*23* having written through their hand thus: `The apostles, and the elders, and the brethren, to those in Antioch, and Syria, and Cilicia, brethren, who are of the nations, greeting;

*24* seeing we have heard that certain having gone forth from us did trouble you with words, subverting your souls, saying to be circumcised and to keep the law, to whom we did give no charge,

*25* it seemed good to us, having come together with one accord, chosen men to send unto you, with our beloved Barnabas and Paul--

*26* men who have given up their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ--

*27* we have sent, therefore, Judas and Silas, and they by word are telling the same things.

*28* `For it seemed good to the Holy Spirit, and to us, no more burden to lay upon you, except these necessary things:

*29* to abstain from things offered to idols, and blood, and a strangled thing, and whoredom; from which keeping yourselves, ye shall do well; be strong!'

*30* They then, indeed, having been let go, went to Antioch, and having brought the multitude together, did deliver the epistle,

*31* and they having read, did rejoice for the consolation;

*32* Judas also and Silas, being themselves also prophets, through much discourse did exhort the brethren, and confirm,

*33* and having passed some time, they were let go with peace from the brethren unto the apostles;

*34* and it seemed good to Silas to remain there still.

*35* And Paul and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and proclaiming good news--with many others also--the word of the Lord;

*36* and after certain days, Paul said unto Barnabas, `Having turned back again, we may look after our brethren, in every city in which we have preached the word of the Lord--how they are.'

*37* And Barnabas counselled to take with them John called Mark,

*38* and Paul was not thinking it good to take him with them who withdrew from them from Pamphylia, and did not go with them to the work;

*39* there came, therefore, a sharp contention, so that they were parted from one another, and Barnabas having taken Mark, did sail to Cyprus,

*40* and Paul having chosen Silas, went forth, having been given up to the grace of God by the brethren;

*41* and he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the assemblies.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:53 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Just say you don't know...Go and read what Peter said...
apparently you don't know. now what about the other question I been asking you to answer since yesterday. I know your 30 years reading the bible should have by now came up with something b y now.

now if you cannot answer, be silent and learn something.

since you don't understand, witness, and teaching. surely you don't understand the Lord Jesus.

I'll ask the question again to you. lets see if you can witness to it. our Lord Jesus is that prophet that Moses spoke of, Acts 3:22 "For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. yes our Lord Jesus is An Apocalyptic Prophet. as the Lamb of God, WHO IN FLESH FORGAVE SIN. is now not the LAMB "of" God in heaven, but the LAMB. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. in the opening of this Revelation letter, it have salutation as to who this letter is from. Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood”.

Now I have a question, is this letter from 3 person, or just ONE PERSON?. remember the letter said, “and from the seven Spirits”. and from “which is, and which was, and which is to come”, and from “Jesus Christ”. I ask is this three person that the letter is from or one person?.

so Richard is this Lamb the one who forgives sin is Jesus, or the one who you call God?.

now this will answer the topic, if God forgive sin

Old 05-19-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
apparently you don't know. now what about the other question I been asking you to answer since yesterday. I know your 30 years reading the bible should have by now came up with something b y now.

now if you cannot answer, be silent and learn something.

since you don't understand, witness, and teaching. surely you don't understand the Lord Jesus.

I'll ask the question again to you. lets see if you can witness to it. our Lord Jesus is that prophet that Moses spoke of, Acts 3:22 "For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. yes our Lord Jesus is An Apocalyptic Prophet. as the Lamb of God, WHO IN FLESH FORGAVE SIN. is now not the LAMB "of" God in heaven, but the LAMB. Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. in the opening of this Revelation letter, it have salutation as to who this letter is from. Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood”.

Now I have a question, is this letter from 3 person, or just ONE PERSON?. remember the letter said, “and from the seven Spirits”. and from “which is, and which was, and which is to come”, and from “Jesus Christ”. I ask is this three person that the letter is from or one person?.

so Richard is this Lamb the one who forgives sin is Jesus, or the one who you call God?.

now this will answer the topic, if God forgive sin
Yeshua was the Shaliach of HaShem...Untill you understand what that truly means, you cannot comprehend what you typed above...

Old 05-19-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Yeshua was the Shaliach of HaShem...Untill you understand what that truly means, you cannot comprehend what you typed above...
which translate you cannot witness to the truth, (smile). for your HaShem is Yeshua in flesh and bones.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
which translate you cannot witness to the truth, (smile). for your HaShem is Yeshua in flesh and bones.
Nope...Sorry, but you are wrong...You should stop listening to your cult leader and actually study the bible and learn some Greek and Hebrew...

Take a look at this - Books of the Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-19-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Nope...Sorry, but you are wrong...You should stop listening to your cult leader and actually study the bible and learn some Greek and Hebrew...

Take a look at this - Books of the Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just answer the question, please, see I said please, (smile)

Old 05-19-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Just answer the question, please, see I said please, (smile)
I did...However, your itching ears did not hear what theh wanted...

Old 05-19-2014, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I did...However, your itching ears did not hear what theh wanted...
the scriptures disagree with you. the scriptures say he is the same person. so somebody lied, either you or the scriptures, and I know that the scriptures do not lie

Old 05-19-2014, 03:50 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Is this what you meant to say, thril? "3. If He sends people to hell for all eternity for not doing something He's capable of doing, then He is a monster and people are better off in hell."
Think about it, nate. If you had the capability to do something for someone that would save his life without hurting your own, would you do it for that person? If you wouldn't, then you're sub-human, no offense.

Jesus demonstrated that He was fully capable, and by extension His Father, God, was capable of forgiving sin without demanding a blood sacrifice as compensation. So why not just do it in perpetuity and save hundreds of billions of people from going to hell for all eternity? If God can do it (and He CAN because He's already demonstrated it numerous times in the Old AND New Testament) and He chooses not to in the final judgment, then it is possible for a human to have more compassion than God, obviously, because I know hundreds of people who would help their fellow man if they could; they would die to save that person without requiring that the person they saved be in debt to their widow for the rest of her life--in other words without making any demands on that person in return for their selfless act.

Now God CAN save us without having to shed the blood of Jesus because He can forgive sin without having to shed the blood of Jesus. The fact that Jesus' blood did get shed is just a detail in my argument. It wasn't absolutely necessary, OTHERWISE Jesus could never have had the power to forgive people their sins. And Jesus forgiving their sins wasn't done with "grace on loan" from a future sacrifice of His blood.

Now I reiterate; God can forgive our sins WITHOUT making conditions upon us; if God says, "I offer you a free gift of salvation through the shed blood of My Son, it's a bogus offer

1. because the salvation is NOT free, it's conditional; if someone comes to and offer you a gift of a million dollars and they say, "It's free; there's just one condition: you have to cut your thumb off, and if you don't cut your thumb off I'm going to put a bullet through your head", then please explain to me how that's a free gift. Anyone making an offer like that would be certified a lunatic, yet that's what Christian fundamentalists say God has offered billions of people for the last 2000 years.
2. because Jesus already forgave sin without having to shed His blood or force the person to go make an animal sacrifice to make the act of forgiveness complete.

I cannot explain it in any clearer terms than that.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 05-19-2014 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity