Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 08:06 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No ... it's another "I won't answer someone who has no intentions to hear the truth but be antagonistic"

But are there answers ... sure there are plenty.

What lie do you want to hear from God that I can repeat ... ? since that will be the end result you're going to conclude anything quoted from God's Word the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
These "I'm going to play hard to get" games work fine for 14-year-olds, twin. From adults they get tiresome real fast.

If you have an answer give it.
Quote:
I detest Paul. More than one theologian of repute will tell you that Paul wrote his own gospel quite different from Jesus' and that he is primarily responsible for the mess Christianity find itself in today. Just research "Did Paul hijack Christianity?"
Thanks for showing why us adults sometimes play hard to get games with the 14 year-olds ...

Adult: What lie do you want to hear from God that I can repeat ... ? since that will be the end result you're going to conclude anything quoted from God's Word the Bible

Answer: (borrowed)
I detest Paul. More than one theologian of repute will tell you that Paul wrote his own gospel quite
different from Jesus' and that he is primarily responsible for the mess Christianity find itself in today.
Just research "Did Paul hijack Christianity?
Adult reply back: detest is the same as hate. And why would one like "More than one theologian" detest the light of God's Word?
John 3:20
Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:49 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
I detest Paul. More than one theologian of repute will tell you that Paul wrote his own gospel quite different from Jesus' and that he is primarily responsible for the mess Christianity find itself in today. Just research "Did Paul hijack Christianity?"
I did: Did Paul Invent Christianity? Is the Founder of the Christian Religion Paul of Tarsus or Jesus of Nazareth?

Ummmmm, no, he didn't.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:11 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,767 times
GINOLJC, to all.
What some people don’t understand is that the apostle Paul Gospel was given unto him by the Lord Jesus for the gentiles. all the apostles have their part in the apostleship of God. what was given to Peter was not given unto James. and what was given unto John, (the book of revelation ), no other apostle was given it, neither Paul, or peter. but when one put all the gospels together one get the whole picture of God, in his work of salvation.

be blessed.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:44 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all.
What some people don’t understand is that the apostle Paul Gospel was given unto him by the Lord Jesus for the gentiles. all the apostles have their part in the apostleship of God. what was given to Peter was not given unto James. and what was given unto John, (the book of revelation ), no other apostle was given it, neither Paul, or peter. but when one put all the gospels together one get the whole picture of God, in his work of salvation.

be blessed.
Then, basically what you're saying is that only Jews are saved by faith + good works because Jesus implicitly taught that.

Paul taught the opposite, that people are saved by faith alone. Good works just follow (sometimes) as a natural outflow of that. As more than one atheist has pointed out (and Christian fundamentalists, I might add) the most heinous child molester/murderer can repent on his deathbed after a life of evil and go straight into heaven, while someone like Mother Teresa, who expressed doubts about her religion at the end of her life would go straight to hell after a lifetime of service helping the poor, the maimed and the naked as Jesus commanded in Matthew 25. And please don't throw this nonsense at me about Jesus speaking to the nations and not people. That's just a red herring to divert attention away from an issue that fundamentalists still to this day cannot reconcile.

Clearly Paul taught a doctrine radically different from Jesus and if one wants to argue that Jesus went to the Jew and Paul to the gentile then we have two gospels, granted. Christian gentiles don't need good works; Christianized Jews do.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:57 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
thrillobyte, if you detest Paul, then you detest the Lord Jesus Christ, the Almighty. here's why. Luke 10:16 "He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me. Paul is an apostle of Jesus Christ. he was commission by Christ unto the Gentiles. he did not write his own gospel. he just carried the Gospel of God, which is Jesus Christ, that Christ gave unto him. scripture, Galatians 1:11 "But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ". see, Paul did write his "own" gospel it was reveal unto him by God.

now the reason for his Gospel in Christ. Galatians 2:7 "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter”. 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles) 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision. see thrillobyte, when Paul said “his”, gospel, not that he came, or thought up something of his own, no, but that which was committed unto him to preach. do you see the difference?. Paul had the gospel, or the good news of Christ to the gentiles.

be blessed, my prayer is that you understand this. amen.
How do you explain Peter claiming to be chosen by HaShem to witness to the Gentiles?....

Old 05-19-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Then, basically what you're saying is that only Jews are saved by faith + good works because Jesus implicitly taught that.

Paul taught the opposite, that people are saved by faith alone. Good works just follow (sometimes) as a natural outflow of that. As more than one atheist has pointed out (and Christian fundamentalists, I might add) the most heinous child molester/murderer can repent on his deathbed after a life of evil and go straight into heaven, while someone like Mother Teresa, who expressed doubts about her religion at the end of her life would go straight to hell after a lifetime of service helping the poor, the maimed and the naked as Jesus commanded in Matthew 25. And please don't throw this nonsense at me about Jesus speaking to the nations and not people. That's just a red herring to divert attention away from an issue that fundamentalists still to this day cannot reconcile.

Clearly Paul taught a doctrine radically different from Jesus and if one wants to argue that Jesus went to the Jew and Paul to the gentile then we have two gospels, granted. Christian gentiles don't need good works; Christianized Jews do.
re-read what I said. Paul taught spiritually just as our Lord Jesus did. I suggest you do as the apostle said, (see Roman 15:4) then you might understand scriptures, all scriptures. just don't take one scripture from here, or there without understanding, and then go build a doctrine around this one or two scriptures that you may not understand, (IMO). first find out, and "UNDERSTAND", what the scriptures are saying, ok. please don't just run with something without first researching it out by the scriptures themselves. for the bible will not contradict itself.

my first suggestion to you is to fully understand who Christ really is. and second, understand the OT rules and regulations that Israel live by, and in for to be forgiven. in other words, search the bible for your own answers for yourself. forget what you have been taught, and heard, and read for yourself. you seem like a honest person.

be blessed.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How do you explain Peter claiming to be chosen by HaShem to witness to the Gentiles?....
so?, just because a gospel was committed unto someone don’t mean that they can’t witness to someone.

now what about those question I asked about. which I see you never answered.

Last edited by 101c; 05-19-2014 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: additions

Old 05-19-2014, 11:29 AM

the OT is Just a fore shadow. what was written afore is for our learning, not abiding.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:37 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
I have to conclude that

1. God IS capable of forgiving sins without a blood sacrifice
2. If He doesn't forgive sins at the final judgment, it's because He chooses not to, not because He not capable.
3. If He sends people to hell for all eternity for not doing something He's capable of doing, then He is a monster and people are better off in hell.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Is this what you meant to say, thril? "3. If He sends people to hell for all eternity for not doing something He's capable of doing, then He is a monster and people are better off in hell."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity