Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:34 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
if you come to him and believe. your sins are remitted. NOT FORGIVEN.
Well, now you've just opened up a whole new can of worms.

I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this but why are my sins remitted but not forgiven, and what's the difference?

Quote:
God have never been angry at any person, only angry at the sin.
That's not true. The Bible repeatedly talks about God's wrath at us being deflected onto the person of Jesus.

Quote:
As it is written, "Thou hatest all workers of iniquity" (Psalm 5:5).
Quote:
God call sinners to repent, and confess Jesus as Lord. God never call a sinner to confess his sins, in order to be saved.
Jesus also said that those who are not sick have no need for a doctor; that He came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Some of us obviously do not need Jesus' blood to enter into the presence of God. I didn't say that; Jesus did. But I also realize that Isaiah also said, "There is none righteous; not one" so there we have another of those inexplicable contradictions that the Bible is full of.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 05-18-2014 at 04:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 04:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,277,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
#1. Jesus is GOD in flesh.

#2. this man had a covenant right.

#3. don't listen to teachers of the Law, ok.
Sorry, this does not answer the question when you believe without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Too right,never listen to those who think they know God because they can quote the bible, they never saw sins being forgiven without the shedding of blood coming.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:03 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, now you've just opened up a whole new can of worms.

I know I'm going to hate myself for asking this but why are my sins remitted but not forgiven, and what's the difference?
#1. don't hate yourself, ok. it's Good to ask question. this is right.

#2. remit, or remission, is a right for a sinner, forgiveness is a right for the born again believer. see, to remit is to send away. that's why he died, so that as a sinner one can have a right, (to the tree of life). you can't force your way in, ok. God #1 rule for sinners is, confess Jesus. now listen, Ephesians 2:12 "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world". see T, while one is in the world, (carnal), one is without God, and hope.
Ephesians 2:13 "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ". to get the free ticket, as you say, get Jesus, and his blood remit your sins that are past. and cleanse any future sins, that now as a child of his, you have the right to be forgiven.

take your time and read 1 John chapter 1, and understand the fellowship we have in Christ. it takes only a few minuties to read.

be blessed.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Sorry, this does not answer the question when you believe without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Too right,never listen to those who think they know God because they can quote the bible, they never saw sins being forgiven without the shedding of blood coming.
do you believe that Jesus is Lord, y/n?

do you believe that his blood was shed for your sins?, y/n?

Look, read your bible. what you got to loose?.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
I have contemplated this question in one form or another at times and it was partly this question (and other things) that caused me to brand the penal atonement theology as being completely ridiculous. Yet I comprehend that the Church structure has needed to firmly grasped this dogma ever since the Council of Nicaea because it was part and parcel of the stranglehold they were determined to exert over people.
I have contemplated this statement and it has caused me to brand this theology being completely ridiculous.

Yet I also comprehend that people with this dogma also find it to be part and parcel of their stranglehold to exert over the truth.
Quote:
But the question still remains: Jesus was freely and completely able to forgive sins before His death without telling the person(s) to go to the temple and shed an animal's blood to make it complete. I don't read that Jesus ever said, "I forgive you, but you'll have to wait until I die before the forgiveness can really take effect. Technically, you're still in your sins, but you're first in line for forgiveness once My death is complete."

No, Jesus, being One with His Father; being the Father personified on earth in the form of His Son, freely forgave sinners their sins without any conditions attached. So theoretically God possessed the capacity to forgive sin without requiring a blood offering to accomplish it and doing so didn't seem to compromise His sense of honor or justice.

So why does God require Jesus' blood to right the scales of sin now?
So the question remains: why do those who reject the light constantly think they can attempt to \ or theoretically overcome it by asking questions for no other reason other than finding fault \ back handed accusations ?

Old 05-18-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
do you believe that Jesus is Lord, y/n?

do you believe that his blood was shed for your sins?, y/n?

Look, read your bible. what you got to loose?.
None of this is the topic. Jesus forgave sin without the shedding of blood and had authority on earth to do so.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
None of this is the topic. Jesus forgave sin without the shedding of blood and had authority on earth to do so.
pcamps, you know that the children of Israel was under a blood covenant, so what's the problem?.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:20 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I have contemplated this statement and it has caused me to brand this theology being completely ridiculous.

Yet I also comprehend that people with this dogma also find it to be part and parcel of their stranglehold to exert over the truth.

So the question remains: why do those who reject the light constantly think they can attempt to \ or theoretically overcome it by asking questions for no other reason other than finding fault \ back handed accusations ?
What the.......

Is this another one of those "I can't answer the question so I'll just slap the questioner"?

Old 05-18-2014, 05:23 PM

pcamps, is this the problem, Jesus just haven't shed "his" BLOOD yet. is that the problem?. if so it was for the NEW COVENANT.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
pcamps, you know that the children of Israel was under a blood covenant, so what's the problem?.
So why did Jesus tell him that his sins are forgiven, if the blood covenant already implies you are forgiven ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity