Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:27 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,245,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So why did Jesus tell him that his sins are forgiven, if the blood covenant already implies you are forgiven ?.
do you understand the annual day of atonement?. that covers, or cleans your sins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 05:30 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
do you understand the annual day of atonement?. that covers, or cleans your sins.
You really are condescending. Why did Jesus tell the paralyzed man his sins were forgiven, if Israel was already walking under a blood covenant of forgiveness?.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You really are condescending. Why did Jesus tell the paralyzed man his sins were forgiven, if Israel was already walking under a blood covenant of forgiveness?.
Lets put it this way pcamps, if the lord Jesus have already forgiven our sins, why do we still confess them?.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:34 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
What the.......

Is this another one of those "I can't answer the question so I'll just slap the questioner"?
No ... it's another "I won't answer someone who has no intentions to hear the truth but be antagonistic"

But are there answers ... sure there are plenty.

What lie do you want to hear from God that I can repeat ... ? since that will be the end result you're going to conclude anything quoted from God's Word the Bible.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Lets put it this way pcamps, if the lord Jesus have already forgiven our sins, why do we still confess them?.
Why are you avoiding answering what i am asking you?.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Why are you avoiding answering what i am asking you?.
you're asking me nothing. I have answered all of your question, but you refused to hear. so with that, I'll end this conversation on that note. good day.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:57 PM

446 posts, read 485,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I have contemplated this question in one form or another at times and it was partly this question (and other things) that caused me to brand the penal atonement theology as being completely ridiculous. Yet I comprehend that the Church structure has needed to firmly grasped this dogma ever since the Council of Nicaea because it was part and parcel of the stranglehold they were determined to exert over people.

But the question still remains: Jesus was freely and completely able to forgive sins before His death without telling the person(s) to go to the temple and shed an animal's blood to make it complete. I don't read that Jesus ever said, "I forgive you, but you'll have to wait until I die before the forgiveness can really take effect. Technically, you're still in your sins, but you're first in line for forgiveness once My death is complete."

No, Jesus, being One with His Father; being the Father personified on earth in the form of His Son, freely forgave sinners their sins without any conditions attached. So theoretically God possessed the capacity to forgive sin without requiring a blood offering to accomplish it and doing so didn't seem to compromise His sense of honor or justice.

So why does God require Jesus' blood to right the scales of sin now?
I think an even more complex situation is that, "Jesus already died for our sins yet every child is born with a sin".

And then to make matter even more complex, if a child dies within a few hours of his death, he doesn't stand chance to go paradise since he was born with a sin and never had a chance to even know who Jesus was?

Old 05-18-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
you're asking me nothing. I have answered all of your question, but you refused to hear. so with that, I'll end this conversation on that note. good day.
No you haven't, if Israel was walking under a blood covenant of forgiveness, which seems to be what you are suggesting, why did Jesus need to tell him he was forgiven and what's more tell the guy he was forgiven without asking to be forgiven?.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,498,708 times
Quote:
No you haven't, if Israel was walking under a blood covenant of forgiveness, which seems to be what you are suggesting, why did Jesus need to tell him he was forgiven and what's more tell the guy he was forgiven without asking to be forgiven?.
Because Jesus is the Godman
  1. as true God he has the authority
  2. as true man he needed to be the perfect sacrifice demanded by the law
John 1:29
[ John Testifies About Jesus ]
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
Luke 9:22
And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

John 3:14-15
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

Old 05-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because Jesus is the Godman
  1. as true God he has the authority
  2. as true man he needed to be the perfect sacrifice demanded by the law
John 1:29
[ John Testifies About Jesus ]
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said,
“Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
Luke 9:22
And he said, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.”

John 3:14-15
"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”
You too are ignoring the fact that Jesus forgave without the shedding of blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity