Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2015, 01:42 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,921,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I'm sorry, but you're wrong...Either they are both literal or they are both symbolic...You can't have your came and eat it too....Read Isaiah 56...You can symbolize it all you want but it is not going to help you in the end...

You said in another post that your teachers were Messiahs....

I never said my teachers were Messiahs--I said they are anointed, that doesn't make one a Messiah. Being the one sent from heaven by God makes one the Messiah.
Posting a #- 144,000 assuredly makes it literal--Peter is 100% proof being virgins was symbolism, because he was married. And Peter is one of those 144,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2015, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
ROM 11:1-5 "I say then, Has God cast away His people? God forbid. For I [Paul] also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people which He foreknew. Don't you not what the Scripture says of Elias? how he makes intercession to God against Israel saying, Lord, they have killed your prophets, and dug down your altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what said the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

The twelve tribes do literally exist but no one but God knows who they all are and to what tribe they belong to. He will number the 144000 according to what the Scriptures say. You do not know what you are talking about. God does not take it lightly when people twist His words because deception even if unintentional, become a stumbling block to others.

There has always been a remnant of Jews who have had Faith in their Messiah and it is these that are called the remnant. The rest are cut off from God for lack of Faith and even though they claim to know God because they are of the lineage of Abraham yet they do not know God and God does not count them as His own.
ZECH 13:7-9 "Awake, O sword, against My shepherd, and against the man that is My fellow, says the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn my hand upon the little ones. And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, says the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein. And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is My people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God."

The ones who are apart of the little flock( 144,000) from Jesus day--are ex Jewish persons--They left the religion headed by the Pharisees--- and accepted Jesus as the messiah--- 2 of the tribes in revelation are not 2 of the tribes in the ot--these are spiritual Israel--they serve the God of Israel= a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah) and accept Jesus as the messiah--literal Israel today--still rejects Jesus as the Messiah--these are cut off( Matt 23:37-38) of being Gods chosen. Jesus cut off those in his day that would not accept him as well. his followers began a new religion--the Pharisees even called them a sect of the Nazarene. God did leave the door open to all of Israel--they must accept Jesus as the Messiah.

In the real Hebrew writings at Zech--where you find--LORD( All capitols) Gods personal name belongs--YHVH(Jehovah)--every place in the ot where--GOD-LORD is found, nearly 6800 spots.

Old 09-15-2015, 10:54 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I never said my teachers were Messiahs--I said they are anointed, that doesn't make one a Messiah. Being the one sent from heaven by God makes one the Messiah.
Posting a #- 144,000 assuredly makes it literal--Peter is 100% proof being virgins was symbolism, because he was married. And Peter is one of those 144,000.
Sorry, yes it does make one a messiah...that is what Messiah means, anointed one...So, you did say that your teachers were messiahs...You can't dance your way out of this one...

Old 09-15-2015, 10:56 PM

Quote:
We agree on that! Thumps up to you!
Well, how do ya like that?...

Old 09-15-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
ROM 11:1-5 "I say then, Has God cast away His people? God forbid. For I [Paul] also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people which He foreknew. Don't you not what the Scripture says of Elias? how he makes intercession to God against Israel saying, Lord, they have killed your prophets, and dug down your altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life. But what said the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

And that is the remnant that Jesus said that he was only sent to...

Quote:

There has always been a remnant of Jews who have had Faith in their Messiah and it is these that are called the remnant.
Not faith in a messiah...G-d said to Zeke, "I have reserved for myself 7,000 that have bowed their knee to Ba'al"....That is all it says, it says nothing about a Messiah...

Old 09-15-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Yes indeed, very beautiful promises to those Gentles who join themselves to the Lord.
Those who join themselves to the G-d and...What else???...Come on, give the rest of it...

Old 09-15-2015, 11:13 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Those who join themselves to the G-d and...What else???...Come on, give the rest of it...
Come on, Richard . . . you don't really believe the Almighty God of everything actually demands that you perform 613 tricks (or however many you think is required) to be an acceptable "pet."

Old 09-16-2015, 01:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,379 times
Quote:
[/b]

And that is the remnant that Jesus said that he was only sent to...

Not faith in a messiah...G-d said to Zeke, "I have reserved for myself 7,000 that have bowed their knee to Ba'al"....That is all it says, it says nothing about a Messiah...
"I have reserved to Myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.""

This Scripture in the New Testament is pointing out the comparison between those of the Old Testament who did not bow the knee to Ba'al, to this present era [New Testament] where the promise of Messiah is fulfilled and who have not bowed the knee but to God and His Messiah.

Think about this: Because we are human we can only know God if our restored capacities/soul, spirit, and mind of the Spirit become as it was in the beginning. Otherwise we have only Theology without actually knowing Him. God did not send Angels to redeem our soul as they are only spokespersons and know Him all together in different ways then humans do. No, God Himself came in human/bodily form to show by example what a God Man is like and how to process such power which is by Grace/His abilities through Faith.

Yes, God came to earth in bodily form, subject to time and space as we are but having the Spirit without measure, lived a perfect life and is willing and able to give a measure of His unlimited measure for our salvation of all kinds. He proved that without Him/The Tree of Life we still partake of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and that the Good part/limited self righteousness is not enough to see clearly that He is the Lord of Glory in human form. The Gospel is the Power of Truth to open our eyes but many just refuse even when they "see".

By allowing His own death/crucifixion/rejection by both Jew and Gentle, He now has the last word and we are without defense. His mercy if we can "see" and acknowledge rejecting Him, now becomes the Atonement for our lack and opens the door of our soul for Him to fill us up with His Righteousness more and more by Grace.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Sorry, yes it does make one a messiah...that is what Messiah means, anointed one...So, you did say that your teachers were messiahs...You can't dance your way out of this one...

Only Jesus is the Messiah--David was called anointed so was Saul--they weren't Messiahs, neither are the 144,000.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,543,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The ones who are apart of the little flock( 144,000) from Jesus day--are ex Jewish persons--They left the religion headed by the Pharisees--- and accepted Jesus as the messiah--- 2 of the tribes in revelation are not 2 of the tribes in the ot--these are spiritual Israel--they serve the God of Israel= a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah) and accept Jesus as the messiah--literal Israel today--still rejects Jesus as the Messiah--these are cut off( Matt 23:37-38) of being Gods chosen. Jesus cut off those in his day that would not accept him as well. his followers began a new religion--the Pharisees even called them a sect of the Nazarene. God did leave the door open to all of Israel--they must accept Jesus as the Messiah.

In the real Hebrew writings at Zech--where you find--LORD( All capitols) Gods personal name belongs--YHVH(Jehovah)--every place in the ot where--GOD-LORD is found, nearly 6800 spots.
No, there is no such a thing an ex-Jewish person. A Jew who receives the Messiah will be called a Christian but he is still a Jew and more because as Jesus said, JN 4:22 "You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." ROM 11:17 And if some [Jews] of the branches be broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
ROM 11:18 "Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you."

The New Covenant is not a different religion but rather a completion of what God promised "to the Jew first and then to the Gentle." The New Covenant is not a set of different laws but rather a fulfillment in Christ to keep the Law, even as it is written in ROM 3:31 "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law." Grace is given to put away lawless behavior. The lawless will not inherit the Kingdom of Heaven. Why do you think the Scripture says repent of your sin/lawless deeds and believe the Gospel of salvation from sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity