Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2018, 07:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,228,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
482 pages of intolerance, hate, and bigotry.
Only in Fundie-vision.

Old 12-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
As well as cowardice from the very same people who come back periodically with one-liners such as the above but skulk away from legitimate questions asked of them.
Careful! Brave Sir Fundie may put you on ignore too!

Old 12-09-2018, 08:07 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:
As well as cowardice from the very same people who come back periodically with one-liners such as the above but skulk away from legitimate questions asked of them.

Old 12-09-2018, 08:36 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,927,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Quote:
Well, at least I know that I'm not on ignore.

So, how about it, BaptistFundie, can you offer a scripture pertaining to same gender sex that DOES NOT refer to pagan idolatry practice but rather to 'homosexuality' as we today recognize this normal sexual orientation for those to whom it applies? You see, I don't believe AT ALL that the ancient authors of scripture had any clue as to what a homosexual or a heterosexual (even in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek equivalent terms) was. All they knew - and all they needed to know - is that a man was a man and a woman was his possession.

If you're unable to offer up such a Bible text, just say so.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:44 PM

10,096 posts, read 5,751,134 times
Quote:

So, how about it, BaptistFundie, can you offer a scripture pertaining to same gender sex that DOES NOT refer to pagan idolatry practice but rather to 'homosexuality' as we today recognize this normal sexual orientation for those to whom it applies? You see, I don't believe AT ALL that the ancient authors of scripture had any clue as to what a homosexual or a heterosexual (even in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek equivalent terms) was. All they knew - and all they needed to know - is that a man was a man and a woman was his possession.

I WASTED my time answering this exact challenge directly. You brushed it off and repeating the same thing gloating again that you ran us off while throwing in a direct insult about me. If nothing else, I hope people can see how your posts are not vehicles of truth, but driven by an agenda to shame people who do not embrace a sinful lifestyle.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:35 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,728,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I WASTED my time answering this exact challenge directly. You brushed it off and repeating the same thing gloating again that you ran us off while throwing in a direct insult about me. If nothing else, I hope people can see how your posts are not vehicles of truth, but driven by an agenda to shame people who do not embrace a sinful lifestyle.
And I wasted my time by answering you in posts 4814 and 4815. Even provided references and links.

You are too interested in telling others how you are beset by total strangers on an internet board and that your internet personality is "insulted." Real Christians are NEVER insulted. They may be challenged to think---but that is beneath you.

You are so wrapped up in your own sinfulness that getting through to you is like drilling a hole to the center of the planet. Your sinfulness blinds you to other opinions. Your sinfulness sees some sins as greater than others (yours, if you have any, are less than everyone else's). Your sinfulness manages to separate you from Jesus because you are unable to love others as you obviously love and magnify yourself.

I guess you believe in a literal hell also. Dozens of scholars have shown that "eternal" hell is the figment of Augustine's vivid imagination, but because you cannot understand Scripture contextually nor within the linguistics of the time period, it cannot penetrate that heart of sin.

When you come on here trying to denigrate others who aren't like you, be sure I'll be here to point out to everyone reading the kind of biblical ignorance and intolerance that have made you their slave. May God treat you in EXACTLY the same way in which you think about homosexuals should be treated.

And He will, except you won't burn in an eternal hell---maybe a millennia or two--because that's how long it is likely to open up a hard heart and a stubborn head.

Old 12-09-2018, 10:53 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,927,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't gloat, Jeff, so let's be clear on that. Anyway, I refer you to your post (#4787) where you state:

Right, let's just ignore all those verses that say it's an abomination, it's unnatural, it is sin, oh and God destroying a city because of it. Sorry but that don't add up to zero.

Was that your version of 'having taken up my challenge'? For starters, you are lying, Jeff, or at least grossly exaggerating when you refer to 'ALL those verses that say it (homosexuality) is an abomination' when apparently referring to the TWO ONLY infamous Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 passages of scripture that speak of 'man lying with man'. Bolstering your position with an exaggeration ('all'?) which can so easily be dismissed as a fib by anyone who can read Bible literature is just plain silly.

Anyway, while NO ONE knows for sure what these verses are addressing, the 'abomination' referred to in Leviticus 18:22/20:13 are in all likelihood similar to those 'abominations' mentioned in Ezekiel 8:1-18 which pertain to idolatry. The sacrificing of children to Moloch (an idol given an actual name) is referenced in Leviticus 18:21 ...the verse just prior to the 'man lying' text in the following verse 22. I cannot say enough times that 'homosexuality' as we presently define the term would have been a total unknown back in the day. So, 'homosexuality' CANNOT be what Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 is addressing and we therefore have to look elsewhere to determine what they actually mean!

Your 'God destroying a city because of it (homosexuality)' is perhaps the worst lie of all because Sodom having been destroyed because of (rampant) homosexuality is purely evil propaganda invented by unscrupulous individuals to bolster their anti-gay agenda. You really do need to be barred from your church, Jeff, by your persistently promoting of such a lie. Shame on you!

As for your use of the term 'unnatural' ...use it on yourself when you continually set yourself up to ridicule. That's surely not natural.

Old 12-10-2018, 01:40 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,054,226 times
Quote:

Yes. Romans 1. It's crystal clear to anyone without a presupposition.

But that's not the point of the bigoted first post. I've told you we don't hate gay people. I don't hate gay people. No Christian I know of hates gay people, but this is now almost 500 pages stating we do.

I'll remind you of the definition of bigotry according to Merriam-Webster: "obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices "

We've told you what we believe but you obstinately and intolerantly persist in believing your own opinion about us.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:

But that's not the point of the bigoted first post. I've told you we don't hate gay people. I don't hate gay people. No Christian I know of hates gay people, but this is now almost 500 pages stating we do.

I'll remind you of the definition of bigotry according to Merriam-Webster: "obstinate or intolerant devotion to one's own opinions and prejudices "

We've told you what we believe but you obstinately and intolerantly persist in believing your own opinion about us.
Denial is a see-through cover-up for Christian bigots, as well as a river in Egypt.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:47 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,611,186 times
Quote:

Oh sure, BF, you don't hate them... You just hate everything they are and think they shouldn't have the same rights as everyone else, or access to happiness. But sure, you don't hate them....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.