Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 01:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Because a gay man wouldn't have another man murdered so he could have sex with his wife and that's what David did. David strongly lusted after women. Two men loving each other as blood brothers in battle does not make them gay. If that's the case then I guess most men in the military are gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Your love to me was wonderful, surpassing the love of women."
Quote:
So it's impossible for two people to have a deep non-romantic or non-intimate love for each other as close friends? All you are doing is assuming when there is nothing in the Bible that says they had intimate relations.
The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, so much so that they kissed and wept together.

Old 12-19-2018, 01:22 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, so much so that they kissed and wept together.
In a straight, manly, bromance sort of way though, right? RIGHT???

Old 12-19-2018, 02:08 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Christ taught from the scriptures.
Certain scriptures, when he used them to answer those who questioned him or to provide a different perspective on what they believed the scriptures meant. Again, Good Samaritan, clearest example of any:

Following the scriptures to the letter of the written law means that you may miss the opportunity to love your neighbor.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Don't play stupid. Hey, lets live together and have and no sex will be involved SAID NO HOMOSEXUAL EVER!!!!

Even single straight people wont tolerate that, so lets not play dumb that gay people are just living togther to be best friends and zero sex is involved.
Quote:
Actually, I know heterosexuals and homosexuals that love each other, and there is no sex involved for one reason or another. Either, they are not interested or they have various health issues that prevent that kind of intimacy. So, please, put your nails and hammer away, as it is NOT up to you to pass out your judgments.
Quote:
I'm done with this thread. The bible is clear to make your point and walk away if people refuse to hear and leave final judgement to God, when they refuse to accept the truth.

Matthew 10:14-15
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

Below the bible is clear on the topic of homosexuality.

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:27
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

This doesnt need to be repeated all over, because the point was pretty clear. The end result for those who dont repent of that is shown in many verses. This applies to homosexuals and straight people that life a lifestyle of sexual immortality:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Timothy 1:10
10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers,[a]liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Hebrews 13:4
4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Revelation 21:8
8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

Revelation 22:15
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

Jeff, you are fighting a lost cause here!!!
The word homosexual (-ity) is an addition to the Scriptures by modern theologians. In the old testament it talks about sex between masters and their slaves, between adult men and adolescent boys and that of prostitution. And remember, when you commit adultery, you defile the marriage bed. But I am sure that most fundamentalists on their wedding night idolize that of having sex with their virgins. And, they have always used sex as a form of expressing their power and dominance, even over that of women. But keep in mind that LOVE is the uniting factor of any relationship; not the structure of sexual compatibility, nor the capacity to produce children.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
So it's impossible for two people to have a deep non-romantic or non-intimate love for each other as close friends? All you are doing is assuming when there is nothing in the Bible that says they had intimate relations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And you know what? It doesn't matter either way. David and Jonathan loved each other, and that's all that's important.
Love is what unites people.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:18 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,550,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If you want to set off most conservative Christians get on the topic of homosexuality or gay rights. The anger most of them have regarding this issue is unfathomable.

You ask most people this question and they will say its because the Bible says homosexuality is an abomination.
LOL. I've thought for years that everyone has homosexual thoughts, and most of us just recognize where our primary proclivities exist and just accept themselves as a whole package.

Conservatives are trying to live -- and make everyone else live, in their own narrow fantasy of what they think life should be. Anything that scares them into thinking that they are larger than that narrow picture makes them want to shoot the messenger(s).

Either that, or they are all closet homosexuals and are terrified their secret will come out.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:21 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Matthew 7:21-23
I Never Knew You
21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Heathen, im just done with this particular thread after this reply, as this verse fits you and many others on here perfectly.
It's a-ok if your god-thing never knows me. In fact, I much prefer it.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:11 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
I guess you're not aware that men kiss each other as a form of greeting in other cultures. But whatever, make up whatever narrative you want. The reality is you have zero proof that they were anything more than friends.

Quote:

Even though he was in line to be the next king of Israel, he recognized David would step into that role—and Jonathan not only celebrated his friend as the rightful king but also protected him from his father’s spear-throwing tantrums.

Jonathan’s love was not lust. It was the ultimate in sacrifice. He laid down his rights so his friend could be promoted. He opposed his father’s self-willed ambition and instead affirmed that David should be the true king. Jonathan showed us all how to be a true friend. David’s comment that his friend’s love was “more wonderful than the love of women” was not sexual; he was praising Jonathan’s loyalty and brotherly devotion.

https://www.charismamag.com/blogs/fi...an-weren-t-gay

Furthermore, God would not be blessing or protecting David if he was living in great sin with Jonathan. We see exactly how God removes His hand of protection after David in a display of extreme heterosexuality, murders a man so he can have sex with his wife.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Christ taught from the scriptures.
he referred to scriptures, more often than not Christ refuted and corrected scripture...

You have heard it said...but now I tell you....

"You have heard that it was said (aka written in scripture), 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
But I tell you (scripture is not working, so do as I say), love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Old 12-19-2018, 03:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
I guess you're not aware that men kiss each other as a form of greeting in other cultures. But whatever, make up whatever narrative you want. The reality is you have zero proof that they were anything more than friends.

https://www.charismamag.com/blogs/fi...an-weren-t-gay

Furthermore, God would not be blessing or protecting David if he was living in great sin with Jonathan. We see exactly how God removes His hand of protection after David in a display of extreme heterosexuality, murders a man so he can have sex with his wife.
"...extreme heterosexuality..."

Almost like he was - oh, I don't know - COMPENSATING for something...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.