U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:26 PM
 
6,821 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Reputation: 2374

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
And that's the rub, isn't it? Not even will you never let another person govern you, but you are unwilling to submit even to God.
No rubbing necessary, Viz.

Submit to God? God and I are old friends. God has no problem with my opinions, and how I live my life.
How do I know this? The question is how do you not know this.

Alleged Christian men have a problem with women who will not submit to their will. Men do not represent God. You only think you do.

You do not have a relationship with God, if you expect a woman to submit. You believe it is biblical to hit children. That has never worked for me. There is no justification for hitting a child. Ever.

You worship the words of men who have issues with women. Your vision of God is yours to own, along with all those other men who just can't seem to make us behave.


 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:30 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,981,273 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No rubbing necessary, Viz.

Submit to God? God and I are old friends. God has no problem with my opinions, and how I live my life.
How do I know this? The question is how do you not know this.
I can only go by the discussions we've had in the past. You seem to be quite hostile at times toward God.
Quote:
Alleged Christian men have a problem with women who will not submit to their will. Men do not represent God. You only think you do.
I've never claimed to represent God, nor do I expect women to submit to me.
Quote:
You do not have a relationship with God, if you expect a woman to submit.
So, the apostles Paul and Peter didn't know God. Gotcha.
Quote:
You believe it is biblical to hit children. That has never worked for me. There is no justification for hitting a child. Ever.
Good grief, you're jumping all over the place. try to pick a topic and stay on it.
Quote:

You worship the words of men who have issues with women.
I don't worship words. Try again.
Quote:


Your vision of God is yours to own, along with all those other men who just can't seem to make us behave.

No...I believe what God said about himself.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:48 PM
 
6,821 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I can only go by the discussions we've had in the past. You seem to be quite hostile at times toward God.

I've never claimed to represent God, nor do I expect women to submit to me.

So, the apostles Paul and Peter didn't know God. Gotcha.

I don't worship words. Try again.

No...I believe what God said about himself.
Paul never met Jesus. Yes, you worship the words of men. Paul for one. You stand at a pulpit and represent God. I am not fooled by you trying to step away from it. I see you. God sees you.

Hostile to God? I told you we are old friends. I say it every time an alleged Christian tells me I am hostile toward God.

Correcting you is not hostility toward God. You do not like being corrected by a woman. I am already over it.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,180 posts, read 8,240,362 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
No rubbing necessary, Viz.

Submit to God? God and I are old friends. God has no problem with my opinions, and how I live my life.
How do I know this? The question is how do you not know this.

Alleged Christian men have a problem with women who will not submit to their will. Men do not represent God. You only think you do.

You do not have a relationship with God, if you expect a woman to submit. You believe it is biblical to hit children. That has never worked for me. There is no justification for hitting a child. Ever.

You worship the words of men who have issues with women. Your vision of God is yours to own, along with all those other men who just can't seem to make us behave.

Yes, how do you know this (bolded above)?
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:58 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,981,273 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Paul never met Jesus.
Sure he did. Acts 9. Check it out.
Quote:

Yes, you worship the words of men. Paul for one.
I don't even know how to worship words. They are really kind of abstract things.
Quote:

You stand at a pulpit and represent God. I am not fooled by you trying to step away from it. I see you. God sees you.
No. I really don't. I've never claimed to. I would honestly suggest you actually read what I post, rather than to assign motive where it isn't there. I'm guessing it would bother you if I started spouting off about what you believe or say when you don't actually believe or say those things...so why not give me the same respect?
Quote:
Hostile to God? I told you we are old friends. I say it every time an alleged Christian tells me I am hostile toward God.

Correcting you is not hostility toward God. You do not like being corrected by a woman. I am already over it.
I can only go by what I see you say. Remember...I'm not like you and I don't put words in your mouth. I can only base my opinion of you off of your posts.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 02:59 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,262 posts, read 49,821,133 times
Reputation: 67103
Sounds like a good way for scuzzy guys with no game to justify rape.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Status: "Amused by BF/V." (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
23,356 posts, read 12,085,923 times
Reputation: 10657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Posts like this make it clear what fundamentalist Christianity is really all about: power, dominion, and control.
Yep.

Wielded by weak men.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:05 PM
 
6,821 posts, read 3,136,050 times
Reputation: 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
.....

Good grief, you're jumping all over the place. try to pick a topic and stay on it.
....
Certainly not all over the place. Silly Viz.


It is part of the world of women who will not allow men to strike a child. Ever.

Imagine a Christian woman telling her husband their children will never be hit? What happens when the husband says he is going to strike the children. What happens when that very man tells his wife it is not her place to interfere with his superior judgement that his children must be spanked?

What should that man do? What should that woman do?


Men teaching other men how to correct children in the bible is certainly on topic.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:07 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 10 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,180 posts, read 8,240,362 times
Reputation: 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sounds like a good way for scuzzy guys with no game to justify rape.
 
Old 02-24-2016, 03:12 PM
 
19,952 posts, read 12,981,273 times
Reputation: 1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Certainly not all over the place. Silly Viz.


It is part of the world of women who will not allow men to strike a child. Ever.

Imagine a Christian woman telling her husband their children will never be hit? What happens when the husband says he is going to strike the children. What happens when that very man tells his wife it is not her place to interfere with his superior judgement that his children must be spanked?

What should that man do? What should that woman do?


Men teaching other men how to correct children in the bible is certainly on topic.
Honestly? It sounds like you just have a lot of pent-up anger toward men, and religion. I'm sorry for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top