Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 10:39 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
You should reference what you quote and I and others do not recognize that Jesus sent you.
Previously you also did not reference what you quoted and so I was not able to find the full context of it. Play fair.
Because you follow Paul you do not even know the words of Jesus who you claim as your savior.

I know Him and I keep His word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 11:35 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Because you follow Paul you do not even know the words of Jesus who you claim as your savior.

That is not a proper response. You should be polite enough to reference your quotes. The Old Testament that you sometimes quote has a lot of truths and I would like to find things you quote for the full context. Thank you.

I do not know Paul but when I read what he wrote the Spirit who is Truth bears witness that Jesus gave him those Words.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
I do not know Paul but when I read what he wrote the Spirit who is Truth bears witness that Jesus gave him those Words.

Amen, yes He did. The Spirit always witnesses the Spirit. Peace

Old 04-10-2016, 12:07 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,443 times
Quote:

Do you think that self righteousness is able follow Jesus? Well. lots of people agree with many of the things that Jesus said but without imputed righteousness it is impossible to follow Him.
MT 6:33 "But seek you first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness [not self]; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Job was a righteous man as was the others because they feared God which is the beginning of wisdom. Those without proper fear have no faith in God's judgments and do not depart from evil as they did.

PS 19:9 "The fear of the LORD is clean [without torment] , enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether."

Now contrast that with this:

PROV 29:25 "The fear of man brings a snare: but whoso puts his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

Old 04-10-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
That is not a proper response. You should be polite enough to reference your quotes. The Old Testament that you sometimes quote has a lot of truths and I would like to find things you quote for the full context. Thank you.

My sheep hear my voice,
I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they will never perish.

If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

If you follow me, the son shall free you, then you shall do the will of my heavenly Father and know about my teaching.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Do you think that self righteousness is able follow Jesus? Well. lots of people agree with many of the things that Jesus said but without imputed righteousness it is impossible to follow Him.
MT 6:33 "But seek you first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness [not self]; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Job was a righteous man as was the others because they feared God which is the beginning of wisdom. Those without proper fear have no faith in God's judgments and do not depart from evil as they did.

PS 19:9 "The fear of the LORD is clean [without torment] , enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether."

Now contrast that with this:

PROV 29:25 "The fear of man brings a snare: but whoso puts his trust in the LORD shall be safe."
Scripture says;

"The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life."

Jesus said God's word is life. So fearing the Lord is speaking His word.

How does one seek His righteousness?

Scripture says;

"The words of the Lord are upright."

Upright is righteous, so again it is the word of the Lord that makes one righteous. The prophets were righteous because they served the Lord and spread His righteousness.

The same applies today but Christianity because they follow Paul have pretty much done away with prophecy.

In the beatitudes Jesus said;

Matthew 5

11 "Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you."

Notice He said prophets before you. In other words those who follow Him are prophets who serve the Lord and spread His word, His righteousness.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is only the case in certain circumstances. For instance, David's son was killed because of David's sin. And 70,000 Israelites were killed because David numbered Israel.

Parents are not to be put to death for the sins of their children according to Hebrew law. It doesn't say the Saviour of the world is not allowed to die for the sins of the world.
It says no one may die for the sins of another but that each one will die for his own sin...Is G-d then a liar?...

Old 04-10-2016, 04:21 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Now your catching on.
I've known this for a minute...Not catching on to it at all....A Savior can simply mean someone who is sent to show you the correct path to G-d, i.e. your behavior, your walk...He was sent here to seek and save the lost sheep of the house of Israel only...Perhaps those that were lost to the Assyrians?...He was sent to bring them back into the fold?...Which makes sense considering G-d stated that He would make a Jew Covenant with the Houses of Judah and Israel, but how can this be unless the House of Israel is sought out and returned to the fold?...

Old 04-10-2016, 06:02 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Death has no more importance than any birthing process. While in this body, we are embryo Spirits, NOT full grown Spirits. Our "birth" will be our physical death. Our life is our "pregnancy." We are to develop as properly as possible during this life so we won't be born spiritually deformed or miscarry. Jesus has paved the way and ensured that we will be connected to God upon our rebirth. Nothing about our Spiritual life will have anything to do with what is here in the physical womb of our earth existence.We have nothing to do with our salvation. That was ALL Jesus.We are responsible for nurturing the development and maturation of our embryo Spirit through love of God and each other every day and repenting when we don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You can't nurture and mature what you don't have, and according to you your maturity comes at death of the body. Your New Age doctrine is backwards, does not fit the pattern given us either, therefore, and has NOTHING to do with what was taught by Yeshua or the rest of the writers.
And even if you did have it, which you clearly don't, you cannot add one cubit to your stature (of Christ in you) by taking THOUGHT. That means YOU, can't make YOU any more "spiritual" by ANY works on your part. And certainly not by dying a physical death which does NOTHING to change the spiritual condition you were born with, except to expose what kind of robe you have on, OR NOT.
You really have a reading comprehension problem. NOTHING we do in this life has anything to do with our salvation! Jesus did that. What we DO in this life either nurtures and develops our embryo Spirit toward maturity or not. Our embryo Spirit either matures enough during this life to be reborn as a complete Spirit upon our death or not. It does NOT affect our salvation at all because Jesus assured that, period. There is nothing New Age about my views. They are what Jesus taught to Nicodemus. Your carnal mind seems incapable of understanding it.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You really have a reading comprehension problem. NOTHING we do in this life has anything to do with our salvation! Jesus did that. What we DO in this life either nurtures and develops our embryo Spirit toward maturity or not. Our embryo Spirit either matures enough during this life to be reborn as a complete Spirit upon our death or not. It does NOT affect our salvation at all because Jesus assured that, period. There is nothing New Age about my views. They are what Jesus taught to Nicodemus. Your carnal mind seems incapable of understanding it.

What Yeshua did, you still have to APPROPRIATE. If your brother died and left you things specified in a will, you don't get them unless you appropriate what is yours. But first, you have to understand what is yours. Your doctrine is like Him leaving a will of what you can have when HE died, but telling you, you have to literally die too to have it. Not many would go to will readings if that were the case, roflol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity