Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2019, 01:38 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The betters question would be, how does anyone know they are "saved" in the first place?..................
Once a person comes to an accurate knowledge of Scripture, and then dedicates himself to God, and then publicly shows that private dedication by public water baptism, then at that point a person is saved in the first place.
As Jesus says at Matthew 24:13 one must endure to the end to be saved.
So, it is Not a once saved always saved teaching.
One must endure to either the end of one's life, or if alive on Earth at the coming 'time of separation' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33, 37, 40 endure to be counted as a figurative righteous ' sheep '.
Those living ' sheep ' are ' saved/ delivered/ rescued ' alive through the coming ' great tribulation ' of Revelation 7:14,9.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 01:52 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
Let's see, I explained my belief that all will be resurrected, some to the glory of serving with Christ and others would either miss the Kingdom age entirely, or live it in a position of much less honor. Our resurrection has nothing to do with our behavior, but on the love and mercy of the Father. ...................
I wonder how ALL will be resurrected when the wicked are destroyed forever -> Psalms 92:7
Even sinner Satan will be destroyed by Jesus as per Hebrews 2:14 B with No resurrection for sinner Satan.

I find at Acts 24:15 it is only the just and unjust, the righteous and unrighteous, who will be resurrected.
So, to me it is love, to love God and love Jesus and behave as Scripture teaches to behave.
And as 2nd Peter 3:9 says to ' repent ' if we do Not want to ' perish ' ( Be destroyed ) .
When Jesus referred to Psalms 37:9-11 it is only the humble meek who will inherit the Earth - Proverbs 2:21-22.
First it is only such people like those of Matthew 25:37,40 who will Not miss out on the coming millennial Kingdom age.
Ones who died before Jesus died (John 3:13) could have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection back to live life forever on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity