Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2017, 02:02 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Jesus is the only own who can fit the statements of Isa 53.

Remember the sacrifice has to be perfect. No man, organization, nations etc.,can meet that requirement.
No he is not...And Isaiah 53 in in the past tense.. - Yeshayahu - Isaiah - Chapter 53 - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

Old 07-06-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
How do you know what is taugdht about Isa 53 is false. Andswer, you don't.

No man can, but Jesus was also God. No man can because no man is perfect. Jesus could because He was without sin.
I am pretty sure that he knows it is false for a fact...The Christian old testament is not even an acurate translation...

If he was G-d, then he sacrificed nothing...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And who gave you permission to hijack my thread and turn it into your personal soapbox. The topic of the thread is that Isaiah 53 disproves the claim made by some that Jesus couldn't have died for our sins. But you don't respect other peoples threads do you? No, you just plaster your rants all over the place.
The fact is, Isaiah 53 proves otherwise, at least the Hebrew Isaiah does...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You're a hypocrite. You post scripture to make your point, but don't allow others the same.

The prophets, Jesus and the apostles all claimed Jesus was the messiah. Your only hope is tearing down holy scripture (except when convenient to you).
No, the prophets didn't claim it...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Funny, the version I read says "10Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makesc his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11After he has suffered,
he will see the light of lifed and be satisfiede ;
by his knowledgef my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,

Let's check:The word seems to be conditional and the happy result of the conditional action. The analysis depends on the proper translation of the required action. It would appear that making the offering for sin is that action and the good things listed will come to the "suffering servant" because he does so.
Yea, funny, it is not the Hebrew Scriptures that you are reading...Otherwise You would have provided a link...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Funny, the version I read says "10Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makesc his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11After he has suffered,
he will see the light of lifed and be satisfiede ;
by his knowledgef my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,

Let's check:The word seems to be conditional and the happy result of the conditional action. The analysis depends on the proper translation of the required action. It would appear that making the offering for sin is that action and the good things listed will come to the "suffering servant" because he does so.

10 And the Lord wished to crush him, He made him ill; if his soul makes itself restitution, he shall see children, he shall prolong his days, and God's purpose shall prosper in his hand.

11 From the toil of his soul he would see, he would be satisfied; with his knowledge My servant would vindicate the just for many, and their iniquities he would bear.

12 Therefore, I will allot him a portion in public, and with the strong he shall share plunder, because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.

It is about Israel...

Old 07-06-2017, 02:50 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
10 And the Lord wished to crush him, He made him ill; if his soul makes itself restitution, he shall see children, he shall prolong his days, and God's purpose shall prosper in his hand.

11 From the toil of his soul he would see, he would be satisfied; with his knowledge My servant would vindicate the just for many, and their iniquities he would bear.

12 Therefore, I will allot him a portion in public, and with the strong he shall share plunder, because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.

It is about Israel...
No, the suffering servant in Isaiah 53 is not Israel. The suffering servant interceded FOR Israel (and for everyone else actually). The transgressors in context are Israel for whom the suffering servant interceded.

To intercede is to intervene on someone else's behalf. Israel can not intercede for Israel. Israel could not intervene for itself. The suffering servant on the other hand interceded on Israel's behalf.

Furthermore, to claim that Israel bore the sin of many and interceded for the transgressors is to contradict Psalm 49:7 which states that no man can by any means redeem his brother.

The reason no man (apart from Jesus) can provide redemption is because only Jesus was without sin. Israel which was full of transgressions could neither redeem itself or anyone else.

And of course Philip, a Jew, understood that Isaiah 53 referred to Jesus as did Jesus Himself.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:03 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
The suffering servant is the nation of Israel - Period! I'll get to why later, can't right now.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:07 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
The suffering servant is the nation of Israel - Period! I'll get to why later, can't right now.
No, it isn't. Period. And I've already gotten to the reason why.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:04 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No one except Jesus is in view in Isaiah 53 as the suffering servant. This has already been thoroughly explained. No one but Jesus died for the sins of the world. No one but Jesus rendered Himself as a guilt offering. No one but Jesus interceded for the transgressors, and no one but Jesus could.

Then WHY does Jesus instruct the wise virgins to go out and find a Jew AS A HOLY SACRIFICE TO GOD THAT THEY ARE THE SACRIFICE, they ARE the offering Mike.

Isaiah 66~ How a gentile becomes a son of oil by offering a Jew as an offering.

Heaven is My Throne
1Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.
3He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.
4I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.
5Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
6A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
Rejoice with Jerusalem
7Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
11That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
12For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
13As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
14And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.
God's Final Judgments against the Wicked
15For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.
17They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.
18For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory. 19And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

20And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD. 21And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

22For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

A Gentile wants for God to appoint him as a Priest in Israel that he might become a son of oil who God pours oil on his head the minute God appoints him as a son of OIL?

The Gentiles wants to preach and be called a priest of God in order to receive the oil of learning that God ANNOINTS all his priests with?

Then let that Gentile follow the requirements for a Gentile to become a son of oil, a priest unto God.

Let that Gentile go out and find a needy Jew and let him become a servant to that Jew, EVEN TO A JEW WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN JESUS, what does God promise that Gentile IF he does what pleases God in serving his people, THE SACRIFICE?

God promises the gentile who brings a Jew as an offering that he will take some of those Gentiles and appoint them as Priests BECAUSE they found a Jew and helped him return to his father, to his land, and THEY are the offering that a Gentiles brings IF he wants to offer to God BECAUSE Israel has always been treated as the sacrifice and sold into the nations just as Joseph was rejected and sold into the nations, just as Jesus was rejected and sold into the nations, Christianity has MADE the Jews BECOME the sacrifice of God whom the gentiles trade like pieces of property, like dogs not able to even own land.

God is coming to judge all nations for what they have done to his people in MAKING them the sacrifice and the suffering servant WHO ALONE, suffers for God.

The great prophet Joel
The Lord Judges the Nations
1For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem,
2I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3And they have cast lots for my people; and have given a boy for an harlot, and sold a girl for wine, that they might drink.

4Yea, and what have ye to do with me, O Tyre, and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render me a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I return your recompence upon your own head;

THE LORD HAS SPOKEN IT

5Because ye have taken my silver and my gold, and have carried into your temples my goodly pleasant things: 6The children also of Judah and the children of Jerusalem have ye sold unto the Grecians, that ye might remove them far from their border. 7Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither ye have sold them, and will return your recompence upon your own head: 8And I will sell your sons and your daughters into the hand of the children of Judah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people far off: for the LORD hath spoken it.
9Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:
10Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.
11Assemble yourselves, and come, all ye heathen, and gather yourselves together round about: thither cause thy mighty ones to come down, O LORD.
12Let the heathen be wakened, and come up to the valley of Jehoshaphat: for there will I sit to judge all the heathen round about.

13Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.
14Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
15The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

16The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

Blessings for God's People
17So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.
18And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of ****tim.
19Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.
20But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
21For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

LOL, I always did like this scripture

False Women Prophets

17Likewise, thou son of man, set thy face against the daughters of thy people, which prophesy out of their own heart; and prophesy thou against them, 18And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the women that sew pillows to all armholes, and make kerchiefs upon the head of every stature to hunt souls! Will ye hunt the souls of my people, and will ye save the souls alive that come unto you? 19And will ye pollute me among my people for handfuls of barley and for pieces of bread, to slay the souls that should not die, and to save the souls alive that should not live, by your lying to my people that hear your lies?
20Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye there hunt the souls to make them fly, and I will tear them from your arms, and will let the souls go, even the souls that ye hunt to make them fly. 21Your kerchiefs also will I tear, and deliver my people out of your hand, and they shall be no more in your hand to be hunted; and ye shall know that I am the LORD. 22Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life: 23Therefore ye shall see no more vanity, nor divine divinations: for I will deliver my people out of your hand: and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

The whole world goes after the people of God to sacrifice them since there was ever a law, the world cannot tolerate the people of God who love and keep his commandments.

The whole world has been sacrificing Israel for so long that all the prophets speak of the last days when God comes to justify his people and to fight against Every nation and every person who has fought against Jerusalem to persecute and kill them as a sacrifice because they would not stop following the ways of God, and after 2000 years of making Israel the sufferings servant who bears all the punishment as an example to the world, they are then denied historical facts of what has actually taken place since the gentiles left the covenant of a Jew. Ever since the Gentiles stopped converting to Judaism, Jews have become a target where the whole world has been committing genocide against the only people who follow God.

Like these young Jewish people, they never read the New Testament and why in the world should they read the New Testament.

They know the history of their own people and they know of the persecution and sacrifice of their own people committed by Christianity.

How is a Christian going to come speaking of a supposed Jew as a supposed Messiah when the followers of this supposed Jew have made Israel the sacrifice for 2000 years?

What do you say to a young Jewish boy concerning Isaiah 53?

You tell him that you believe in a Jew, and that this Jew was the suffering Jew who took on the sins of the whole world, and because you believe in this Jew, your people have been killing Jews for 2000 years?

But what adds so much insult to injury is that Christians would hand a young Jewish boy these fantasies of a LAWLESS Jesus who doesn't come from Israel OR Judah. The Christian would instruct the Jewish boy who never read the New Testament that this supposed Jewish Messiah wasn't Jewish at all, and that he didn't come as a sacrifice for Israel at all. The Christian would show the Jewish boy a lawless Jesus who comes to end the religion of the Jews, EVEN AFTER God has demanded the Jew to keep his commandments, but the Christians would try and sell this Gentile Jesus who was lawless, and who didn't come as a Passover lamb or a goat for Yom Kippur, O NO, This Gentile lawless Jesus comes instituting Pagan Sabbaths and holy days, and this supposed Jewish Messiah is the Messiah to kill all Jews.

This Pagan Gentile, lawless Jew is supposedly the suffering servant of Isaiah 53?

Is that what we should tell the young Jewish youth who never read the New Testament because they know the history of Christianity and how this supposed Jewish Messiah came to teach Gentiles how to kill Jews

Is any of this getting through Mike?

Can you at least try and put yourself in the shoes of a Jewish youth to realize what you are trying to sell?

Seriously, is Jesus a gentile who looks nothing like a Jew, and this Jesus comes teaching lawlessness trying to persuade Jews from keeping their own culture and heritage in the laws of Moses that God demanded them to keep forever?

I do believe in a Jewish Jesus and I really would stand up and say,'' Behold The lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world,'' But how are you going to claim the same thing when your religion has a murderous past of persecuting and killing everyone who dared to follow the ways of God?

Even though I believe Jesus was and is the suffering servant, I also believe that Christianity has made all of Israel, the same.

To say otherwise is to just look past the historical facts of what Christianity has done to Israel since the coming of a supposed Jewish Messiah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity