Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2018, 04:57 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Nah. If anything would have offended me, it was the need to repeat something for the "umpteenth" time to the same people. But it didn't, although I do find it frustrating sometimes. But, really, I'm always happy to repeat that God is love, and that all of God's attributes flow from that foundation. It's a beautiful thing to know that we can all trust God because of what God IS.
Don't you think it's no less frustrating when people need to repeat something for the "umpteenth" time to the same people that Jesus taught more than just God is love?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2018, 04:59 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Did he continue persecuting Christians ... did he continue attempt to be saved through obeying the law ?
"What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death?"
Was the answer in so many words sounded like:
Jesus knew I couldn't. No one can. Not even you Romans. Which is why Jesus came.
Now go and leave your life of sin, Romans. Let us know how that goes for you.

So ..... go continue on with whatever pleases you. The Table is big enough.
L8 isn’t persecuting Christians nor is she attempting to be saved from anything through obeying the law. Sounds like, in your estimation, she has left a life of sin (although I’m pretty sure L8 never persecuted anyone in the first place).

Old 03-27-2018, 05:00 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
That's messed up, dude. Seriously. The point of her joke was to show how divided we are, and how members of one denomination judge and condemn another. Sometimes members of the same sub denomination do this.
Finn knows damn well what the point of the joke was. Hell, he'll probably adopt it as his own and tell it to get attention somewhere in real life. He just can't resist the opportunity to be as miserable and rotten as possible on City-Data Christianity, though. Never saw people who get their rocks off from pure meanness like the fundies on this forum.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:03 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Don't you think it's no less frustrating when people need to repeat something for the "umpteenth" time to the same people that Jesus taught more than just God is love?
And it all flowed from the foundational truth that God is love.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:05 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
And it all flowed from the foundational truth that God is love.
And he's also just, holy, righteous, and wrathful.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It was in direct reference to a joke about pushing someone off bridge.
It was an uncalled-for accusation about another person's character.

The joke is not about pushing someone off a bridge.

You know that.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:09 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,304,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It was an uncalled-for accusation about another person's character.

The joke is not about pushing someone off a bridge.

You know that.
And so did Finn Jarber.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And so did Finn Jarber.
Of course he did. He's small-hearted and unkind, but he's not stupid.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:11 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What an obnoxious thing to say to her. Nothing whatsoever about Pleroo is deserving of that. She is one of the most even-tempered and level-headed posters on this forum.

You're not a nice person, Finn_Jarber. If that's me being judgmental, so be it. You seem to go out of your way on these forums to misquote and twist people's words and intent. It's ALL you do, and it's old. You never have one positive or upbeat thing to say or anything to create a back-and-forth dialogue, just constant attempts to misdirect valid conversations and start arguments.
Thank you for the pleasantries. You are such a nice person

I said it for one reason, and that is because you people say such things ALL THE TIME, pretending Christians 'gloat' at the thought of people in hell. I am glad you finally realize what it sounds like. Mission accomplished.

Old 03-27-2018, 05:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Why are you pretending you can't comprehend that a violent person is likely to react violently and be offended by all kinds of things?
Well, obviously the story flies a mile over your head. Maybe you should read the book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity