U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-30-2018, 08:01 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,996 posts, read 12,447,818 times
Reputation: 16907

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Do you really want an answer, or just an
opportunity to make fun of my Faith?
You caught on pretty quickly, bryan.
You will lose either way with many here.

If you could give your testimony, say, that
1.Jesus appeared to you and explained all of creation, not only that, but,
2. all that you pray for is given or
3. say you just believe in your gut. Or
4. if you wisely realize this is not the forum to talk about your faith, belief or even any direct experiences,
you will be accused of backing away from direct questions like most Christians when simply asked a question.

You're behind a rock and a hard place...you may think you are doing some wonderful mission stating your faith in 'whatever', and thus, effecting some 'lost soul'...but, you won't be....here.
I don't know how many years I have been here, lots...but it won't happen....here, imo.
Now on another site where baby Christians need inspiration, that's a diff story.
Here, your words get trampled on...Matt 7:6.
You have choices - keep it up....wipe the dust off your feet.


*Note: I'm not saying leave or go to another site...just telling you what I have observed for many years here.
*I am, also, not saying others do not have a right to ask you to simply explain what you mean.

 
Old 11-30-2018, 10:48 AM
 
20,771 posts, read 10,015,969 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I speak from my own experience with God.
He's always trustworthy-man rarely is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is it that he has done to show you he is trustworthy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Do you really want an answer, or just an opportunity to make fun of my Faith?
If you do not what to respond to the question, you are under no obligation to do so.
 
Old 11-30-2018, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Georgia
3,862 posts, read 1,450,624 times
Reputation: 2911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You caught on pretty quickly, bryan.
You will lose either way with many here.

If you could give your testimony, say, that
1.Jesus appeared to you and explained all of creation, not only that, but,
2. all that you pray for is given or
3. say you just believe in your gut. Or
4. if you wisely realize this is not the forum to talk about your faith, belief or even any direct experiences,
you will be accused of backing away from direct questions like most Christians when simply asked a question.

You're behind a rock and a hard place...you may think you are doing some wonderful mission stating your faith in 'whatever', and thus, effecting some 'lost soul'...but, you won't be....here.
I don't know how many years I have been here, lots...but it won't happen....here, imo.
Now on another site where baby Christians need inspiration, that's a diff story.
Here, your words get trampled on...Matt 7:6.
You have choices - keep it up....wipe the dust off your feet.


*Note: I'm not saying leave or go to another site...just telling you what I have observed for many years here.
*I am, also, not saying others do not have a right to ask you to simply explain what you mean.
I cannot disagree with anything you said. I try to keep my focus on God- I am powerless over people, and to be honest- don't think highly of very many of them. People simply cannot be trusted, so I try to keep my emotional distance from them. I try to witness by example and with His Word. It is NOT my responsibility to convert anyone, or convince anyone that I'm right. He is in charge, always trustworthy, and always loving.
I go by my experience with Him in my life- that's all that really counts in the long run. We will all answer one day to God- I'm just glad He did not give up on me!
 
Old 11-30-2018, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Georgia
3,862 posts, read 1,450,624 times
Reputation: 2911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you do not what to respond to the question, you are under no obligation to do so.
Correct, I'm not. I just wanted to see if you were here to make fun of Christian Faith. You gave me no assurance that you are not.
 
Old 11-30-2018, 08:44 PM
 
20,771 posts, read 10,015,969 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Have it your way. I speak from my own experience with God. He's always trustworthy-man rarely is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What is it that he has done to show you he is trustworthy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Do you really want an answer, or just an opportunity to make fun of my Faith?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you do not want to respond to the question, you are under no obligation to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Correct, I'm not. I just wanted to see if you were here to make fun of Christian Faith. You gave me no assurance that you are not.
If you are not comfortable, it's not a problem. But you are correct, he never gives up on anyone.

Let your conversation be without covetousness, and be content with those things that ye have,
for he hath said, "I will never abandon (forsake) you or leave you."
 
Old 12-01-2018, 07:58 AM
 
Location: Northern Wisconsin
9,056 posts, read 7,868,570 times
Reputation: 15644
Yes, they do. But it cant be helped. Lots of non Christians within. Even real believers are confused a lot and messed up because they dont study or believe all that God has to teach us from the Bible.
 
Old 12-01-2018, 10:10 AM
 
20,771 posts, read 10,015,969 times
Reputation: 1715
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Yes, they do. But it cant be helped. Lots of non Christians within. Even real believers are confused a lot and messed up because they don't study or believe all that God has to teach us from the Bible.
What has been taught from the pulpits by self-professing Ministers/Pastors have actually messed people-up.
Especially, when they take things from the Bible as being literal, when it has nothing to do with reality.
 
Old 12-01-2018, 10:11 AM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
15,996 posts, read 12,447,818 times
Reputation: 16907
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
It is NOT my responsibility to convert anyone, or convince anyone that I'm right. He is in charge, always trustworthy, and always loving.
Good, cuz it's way above my pay grade...it's not my job.
Quote:
We will all answer one day to God
Hi,
Don't you think we are always answering to God...if you are an atheist, than your conscience?
 
Old 12-01-2018, 11:07 AM
 
Location: Denver, CO
9,638 posts, read 5,605,470 times
Reputation: 4115

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipwEtvWL_3c

Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away
We cut down people in your name but the sword was never ours to swing
Jesus, friend of sinners, the truth's become so hard to see
The world is on their way to You but they're tripping over me
Always looking around but never looking up I'm so double minded
A plank eyed saint with dirty hands and a heart divided


Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to the world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours

Yeah

Jesus, friend of sinners, the one who's writing in the sand
Make the righteous turn away and the stones fall from their hands
Help us to remember we are all the least of thieves
Let the memory of Your mercy bring Your people to their knees
No one knows what we're for only against when we judge the wounded
What if we put down our signs crossed over the lines and loved like You did


Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks yours
You love every lost cause; you reach for the outcast
For the leper and the lame; they're the reason that You came
Lord I was that lost cause and I was the outcast
But you died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet

'Cause You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever
You are good, You are good and Your love endures forever

Oh Jesus, friend of sinners
Open our eyes to world at the end of our pointing fingers
Let our hearts be led by mercy
Help us reach with open hearts and open doors
Oh Jesus, friend of sinners, break our hearts for what breaks Yours
And I was the lost 'cause and I was the outcast
Yeah
You died for sinners just like me, a grateful leper at Your feet
Songwriters: Mark Hall,Matthew West
Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC,Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.,ESSENTIAL MUSIC PUBLISHING,CAPITOL CHRISTIAN MUSIC GROUP
 
Old 12-01-2018, 12:04 PM
 
Location: New Zealand
4,364 posts, read 701,031 times
Reputation: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What has been taught from the pulpits by self-professing Ministers/Pastors have actually messed people-up.
Especially, when they take things from the Bible as being literal, when it has nothing to do with reality.
Yup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top