Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2018, 04:46 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post

As for we the living, at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as per Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 the figurative humble ' sheep ' and the haughty ' goats ' are going to be judged on how they have treated Jesus' spiritual brothers' alive on Earth at this time frame.
Let me guess: you are one of Jesus' spiritual brothers.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
That's right Gehenna...it was a garbage dump outside of town! Thank you, Matthew,there are those that don't know this yet.
Years on forums with scholarly people...taught me a lot.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:53 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Being "a good person" won't get a person to heaven if they reject Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. The thief on the cross probably was not a good person, but his faith in Christ did the trick for him.
Being a good person can get one the opportunity to have everlasting life on a Earth.
Eternal life on a cleansed Earth as described in the 35th chapter of Isaiah.
Jesus promised that humble meek people will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5 from Psalm 37:9-11,29.
Those who died before Jesus' died (John 3:13) can have ahapppy-and-healthy physical resurrection on a paradisical Earth.
A resurrection back to live life on Earth again starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
That is why the ' future tense ' is used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection......
A resurrection when there will be ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2.
That is why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Rev. 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and bring the benefit of 'healing' for earth's nations when mankind will once again see the return of the Genesis ' Tree of Life ' right here on Earth during Christ's millennium-long day of governing over Earth in righteousness.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:00 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Let me guess: you are one of Jesus' spiritual brothers.
I like ' terra firma ' (Earth) and don't want to leave it.
Those called to Heaven (like those of Luke 22:28-30) have that heavenly calling - Revelation 2:10
I hope to be counted as one of Jesus' 'sheep' at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:17 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I like ' terra firma ' (Earth) and don't want to leave it.
Those called to Heaven (like those of Luke 22:28-30) have that heavenly calling - Revelation 2:10
I hope to be counted as one of Jesus' 'sheep' at the time of Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Who do you believe are Jesus' spiritual brothers?

Old 12-04-2018, 06:16 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Who do you believe are Jesus' spiritual brothers?
Firstfruits, and these are high priests, not priests, but high priests, those are the brethren and many are in the family. Many will be virgins who have not raised a brethren of Christ.

It isn't people who are brethren, it is a bride who became pregnant and who studied long enough to mature a new born creature inside them, and that new creature is the brethren created from Christ. The majority remain brides because if a bride does not study and her child remains a baby still on milk, the baby MUST be taken away because a child cannot inherit the Zoe kingdom where he ends up ruling all the nations on a planet in a sole rule.

Brides have to do with Gentiles.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:34 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yes, the criminal on the right is my favorite story!

But, rem atheists often do not believe in any sort of afterlife...so there is no need to wish for
a future place in Heaven or any need for saving from anything. (hell)
I'm afraid many will be very surprised to see gays and atheists in the afterlife doing just fine...
atheists that never dreamed there was anything afterwards, even! Ha !

Sure there are diff levels on the Other Side....but it doesn't mean a sweet atheist would
be in a 'bad' place.
BUT you and I will never agree on many things that are written in the Bible that i believe are half truths,
written wrong and interpreted wrong.

Leave ONE word out, forgotten, and the entire sentence is changed ...leave a comma out and it changes the whole thing...translate
a few words differently than their intended meaning...and OH MY!
Sheol turns into a hell!
God created the world, and raised the dead. No doubt He can make the Bible come out the way he wants it to come out- regardless of mans attempts to "nit pik" it apart.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:21 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
God created the world, and raised the dead. No doubt He can make the Bible come out the way he wants it to come out- regardless of mans attempts to "nit pik" it apart.
Good to know for certain that the biblical god is the homicidal, blood thirsty narcissist the Bible reflects him to be.

I know hearing this is astonishing and maybe you are offended, but you have to put my shoes on to understand it. To me, I’m just giving my opinion of a fictional character no different than Allah or Zues. I would suggest you read the Bible without the rose colored glasses and see what it really is.

Old 12-07-2018, 04:21 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
A few days ago, a post was deleted that referenced something a member had said on another web site. Since the member did not post that material here, posting it violated the Terms Of Service where it states: "Outing" users by revealing their address, phone number, or other information that they didn't themselves share on our forum is prohibited.

We thought deleting a few posts would take care of things, but somebody decided to bring it back up last night so a person could be accused of sinning. I went back to the first post and deleted everything that traced forward from it. Therefore, some of you may see a deleted post stating "20 posts deleted that traced back to a post deleted for a TOS violation."

Hopefully, we won't have to do that any more.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:37 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
... the biblical god is the homicidal, blood thirsty narcissist the Bible reflects him to be.
This, of course, was the crux of my op...that the Bible...written by, in the least, primitive, superstitious men...they couldn't help it..makes God out to be what you said above, maat55.
The rationalization used that it's part of some loving plan does not cut it with ME, at least.
My direct exp with my Heavenly Father...is that there is not even room in Him for any such things/acts.

So, I am left to think those that believe these things are believing stories in the Bible written by these early men...and
have not had a direct exp in Stillness of God Himself....I pray they sit in openness to receive this Presence one day and 'know'.

"Lord, somehow encourage people to seek You personally. Let them rid themselves of concepts to be able
to exp Your Divine Love and Presence directly. Amen."❤️
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity