Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 07:14 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,942 times

Advertisements

There really is no consensus on how to act like a Christian. Should I be burning witches at the stake or torturing heretics until they repent? Maybe I should be out there advocating for slavery and helping set prices for various slaves according to scripture. I used to be a Christian and was appalled at those who considered themselves Christian and their behavior. My advice now is to worry about yourself and whether you are living up to your expectations as a Christian. Let God worry about the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 07:15 PM

88,616 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I wish you had said 'some Christians', OP, because I know many that walk the walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You're right.
Thread title modified per OP request.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My point is you think more highly of yourself than others, pointing out certain Christians lack of a proper spiritual walk,
something that is condemned when others do the same.
I want my brothers and sis' for one week to seek the Kingdom of Heaven first...
One week, 24/7:
'Do not worry, be anxious for nothing, cast your cares...give God all your burdens,
ask and then trust their Father.'
Do I think ''more highly'' of myself than others...no...they're my siblings...I want them to follow
the instructions of Jesus...and Be Happy!
Am I happier...I sure am....that's why they come to me.
You can twist this however you would like.

Old 02-09-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
There really is no consensus on how to act like a Christian.
Oh, you're right!!!

Old 02-09-2019, 09:30 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Thread title modified per OP request.
Thanks, MQ. Miss Hepburn, that was mighty Christian of you to do that!

Seriously, it really was nice. Not everyone would bother.

Old 02-09-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Thanks, MQ. Miss Hepburn, that was mighty Christian of you to do that!

Seriously, it really was nice. Not everyone would bother.
Miss Hepburn bothers.

That can be her slogan.

Old 02-09-2019, 10:14 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My point is you think more highly of yourself than others, pointing out certain Christians lack of a proper spiritual walk, something that is condemned when others do the same. Just look at the homosexual thread.
Well, from down in the mud here---she looks a lot more like Jesus than you do jimmie. And that's what you try to do--find people not as good as yourself because you think that makes you better in God's eyes.

Me, I'm the worst of sinners despite being a Jesus follower. I'm not trying to work my way up in His eyes, I'm depending on His grace and mercy. These are more powerful for a person who knows they are in need of forgiveness. Sin avoidance is failure every single day.

You see sinful ACTS as putting a divide between you and God. Jesus sees sinful THOUGHTS as putting a divide between you and Him. Sinful thoughts are part of spiritual DNA. The reason Jesus wanted us to understand that was to inform us that none of us, from the Pope to Adolf Hitler, is better than the other in terms of our sins separating us from Him.
Quote:
You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Matt. 5: 27-28 Did Jesus think the ACT was spiritually worse than the THOUGHT?

Grace and Mercy. Those are the two great gifts of God to sinners. Those who recognize they have those from God aren't worried about other people's sins. They try to ACT in thankfulness by asking themselves "What would Jesus do?"

My Jesus prayed for those that killed Him, and refused to ask God to pass judgment on them.

That Jesus is attractive to people. The one you frequently espouse is a turn off, and you have people on this very thread admitting they rejected Him because of how poorly He is painted by most evangelicals.

You certainly hate all the things you believe your god hates. She doesn't. So why do you think Miss Hepburn looks more like Jesus to us sinful folks, (liberals, atheists, agnostics) than you do?

Old 02-09-2019, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Miss Hepburn bothers.
That can be her slogan.
Hahahahahah....Miss Hepburn is bothersome.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Why is it some Christians don't act like Christians? Or, like Jesus?

The love for others has grown-cold, unlike that of Jesus.

John 13:34-35
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hahahahahah....Miss Hepburn is bothersome.
That's NOT what I said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity