Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 09:00 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
No one said Jesus was a denomination. No one said Jesus doesn’t teach truth.
You need to read our posts to each other more carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 09:12 PM

Quote:
What Scripture says the saved have to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?
Everyone had to get water baptized and John explained that Jesus will baptize with the Holy Spirit. It is something all have to do if they want to be saved.

Luke 3:16 John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Baptism of the Holy Spirit happens at the time Jesus saves a person, it is when he gives them the Holy Spirit that is when they receive the Holy Spirit.

We can see this in the scriptures about Cornelius and his household. Jesus saved them when they heard the message that saves, see Acts 11:14. That is when the Holy Spirit “came on them”, see Acts 10:44. This is when they “received” the Holy Spirit, see Acts 10:47. This is “baptism of the Holy Spirit” see Acts 11:16.

Acts 11:16 Then I remembered what the Lord had said: 'John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.'

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 09-19-2022 at 09:31 PM..

Old 09-19-2022, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Your post #266

Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth
“Denominations teach falseness and that is not acceptable. That is the point of it really.”

If all denominations teach falseness, where is the true body of Christ?
What church, in your opinion, is not a denomination? What church teaches truth?
Jesus' body is the church and the saved are in his body. Jesus teaches the truth.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 09-19-2022 at 09:33 PM..

Old 09-19-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I don’t want to derail this thread

And I don’t know how to put it simply, it is more about the purpose of Christianity and its position so its best if I make another thread and we just see where it goes
Sounds good.

Old 09-19-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Actually my response was in defense of denomonations.

Perhaps it's just many of the participants on this forum ( hopefully I'm right about that ) who seem to have problems with denomonations, doctrine, tradition , etc.

Not sure why in every case. I suspect it's because someone or group said or did something unagreeable.

If the only " church " or group left, are forums like this, christendom is in trouble.

Just because some group, heiarchy, or individual said or did something unagreeable, shouldn't condemn the assembly of the " brethren ". No need to throw the baby out with the bath water.

Strictly individual, personal, solo, revelation in the absence of accountability from other mature christians leads to all types of heresy.

Even the most esteemed in church history had ( have ) advisors, accountability partners, confessors, and the like.

We are designed for community.
All denominations teach some falseness and some more than others, but all truth is relevant.

Every denomination I was in and or studied believe that the others are false.

We all can get the Bible and read what Jesus says and if we do what he says he will save you and be your Teacher.

Old 09-20-2022, 03:31 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Are you ‘in Christ?”

How do you know?

How did you get “in Christ?”

Opinions are meaningless. Scriptures please!
Opinions are meaningless, lets review.

SUPPOSEDLY, Jesus came from all the prophets detailing the coming of Messiah to gather the lost tents of Joseph to unite them with the Jews as one people.

Do you really feel that you are one people with THE ONLY PEOPLE IN HISTORY TO WALK IN THE RELIGION OF MESSIAH?

Tell me, What is to happen with the Jew who believes in Jesus?

Really?

What are you going to tell a Jew who believes?

I am really curious, do you tell him he's cursed?

Yup.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:26 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Jesus' body is the church and the saved are in his body. Jesus teaches the truth.
You’ve accused every denomination of being false teachers. Jesus condemned false teachers. Therefore, according to your thinking everyone who belongs to a denomination is condemned by Jesus for being a false teacher.

The more you write, the more you show that you believe you are the only person living on earth today who has the truth. SMH

I think I’m done with this conversation. It’s going nowhere.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:38 AM

Quote:
You’ve accused every denomination of being false teachers. Jesus condemned false teachers. Therefore, according to your thinking everyone who belongs to a denomination is condemned by Jesus for being a false teacher.
Teachers will be held more accountable. Not everyone is a teacher. You stray from the truth that is spoken, whether I say something or even more importantly you stray from what Jesus says.

Quote:

The more you write, the more you show that you believe you are the only person living on earth today who has the truth. SMH
You speak like that for a reason. It shows you don't value truth as you should.

Quote:
I think I’m done with this conversation. It’s going nowhere.
You are stuck on insults because you don't have truth to defend your beliefs.

Old 09-20-2022, 12:07 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,263,470 times
I would appreciate us getting this thread back on track. Here is the OP topic.

Are you ‘in Christ?”

How do you know?

I am in Christ. I know because of what Galatians 3:26-29 says.

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

I am a child of God through faith. I was baptized into Christ. I was clothed with Christ.

I know I am in Christ because of what Romans 6:3-7 says.

3Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. 6We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. 7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

When I was baptized into Christ, I was baptized into His death. I am walking in the newness of life. I was United with Christ in His death, therefore, I will be United with Him in His resurrection. My old self was crucified with Him. I am no longer a slave to sin. I have been set free from sin.

God is so good!

Old 09-20-2022, 04:57 PM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
I would appreciate us getting this thread back on track. Here is the OP topic.

Are you ‘in Christ?”

How do you know?

I am in Christ. I know because of what Galatians 3:26-29 says.

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

I am a child of God through faith. I was baptized into Christ. I was clothed with Christ.

I know I am in Christ because of what Romans 6:3-7 says.

3Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. 6We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. 7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

When I was baptized into Christ, I was baptized into His death. I am walking in the newness of life. I was United with Christ in His death, therefore, I will be United with Him in His resurrection. My old self was crucified with Him. I am no longer a slave to sin. I have been set free from sin.

God is so good!
What Christ do you believe in ? Who is He, what did He accomplish, and for who did He accomplish it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity