Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 11:22 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,336,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Jesus is not a denomination. Jesus teaches the truth.
No kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 12:32 PM

4,085 posts, read 875,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Do you understand that when you say CHURCH, you are referring to the body of Christ?
Do you understand I explained to you that Jesus isn't a building or a denomination and that your denomination and building is still called a church but isn't The Church and The Body of Christ?

Quote:

That’s what church is. It’s not a building with a sign out front that has a name. You are saying there is no BODY OF CHRIST today.
There you go again saying I say things I don't say.

Quote:

Baptism with the Holy Spirit was not for salvation.
Of course it is, and you saying that falseness is proof that your denomination teaches falseness.

If you aren't baptized with the Holy Spirit then you are not saved.

Acts 10

34 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Quote:

It was the outpouring of spiritual gifts.
It was also evidence to the Jews that the Gentiles could be saved, for God gives gifts to HIS CHILDREN, not to the unsaved.

Quote:
There are only two occurrences of baptism with the Holy Spirit in the New Testament:
Everyone saved was baptized with the Holy Spirit.

You think that the two times mentioned means no other time is just silly.

Quote:

the Apostles on Pentecost and at the house of Cornelius. Are you suggesting Peter was saved on Pentecost because he spoke in tongues?
Jesus told the apostles to wait for the promised Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the promise and it is given to those who will be saved.

Quote:

Salvation occurs when we are born again of water and of the Spirit.
Hahahaha lol When we are baptized with the Holy Spirit is when we are born again of water and the Spirit.

Quote:

Two completely different events.
Well being baptized with power when Jesus was baptized and then started his earthly ministry is a different event, and when the Apostles were given power for their earthly ministry, but from then on all who were saved were baptized with the Holy Spirit and some had speaking in tongues which made it evident that they were saved too.

Quote:

Read Paul’s letter to Titus, Chapter 3

4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

This is speaking of immersion in water.
The Holy Spirit is called water and the Holy Spirit washes us after we obey by repenting and believing.

The cleansing is a washing.

1 John 1:7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Did you see that? We have to come to Him and believe and repent and then THE BLOOD OF JESUS CLEANSES US FROM ALL SIN.

We are made holy, clean, washed by Jesus' blood. This washing sanctifies us, see 1 Corinthians 6:11.

Jesus sanctifies us by the truth, see John 17:19, and we are sanctified by OUR BELIEF IN THE TRUTH, see 2 Thessalonians 2:13.

We are WASHED with water by the Holy Spirit and obey the word.

Ephesians 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

We are washed by the Holy Spirit after we obey by repenting and having faith.

Isaiah 1:16 Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;

Quote:

Our sins are washed away when we are immersed. Even the great Apostle Paul was told, “And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.’(Acts 22:16)
The literal water is symbol of what has already happened within the obedient repentant believer.

Literal water is you missing the point.

The water baptism is a ceremony and symbol of your promise to God to die to the sins of the world and live to please Jesus.

Quote:
The only way to receive forgiveness is through baptism. And without having your sins washed away by the blood of Jesus at baptism, you will not be saved.
A person has to confess and repent of their sins and be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

The obedience of truth/the word, and the Holy Spirit is how we are washed.

The water baptism is a symbolic ceremony.

Not much unlike a wedding ceremony.

Quote:

You can deny that not assembling is a sin all you want. I gave you the passage from Hebrews, which you could not refute. In fact, you’ve refused to even discuss it. So let’s see you prove the Passage false.
You are false not God's Word. You aren't speaking the truth about me, for I prove everything that I say. You speaking untruths about me is something that you are held accountable for.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 09-19-2022 at 12:41 PM..

Old 09-19-2022, 12:35 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,173,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1689dave View Post
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit was only for the Apostles and the few they laid their hands on. “And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,” Acts 8:18 (KJV 1900)

Those who received the Baptism could perform the signs and wonders of the Apostles. But they could not pass the gift on to others.

The Baptism ended with the Apostles. But since Pentecost, all believers have the gift of the Holy Spirit and His fullness that comes through repentance.
Believers had the fullness of the Spirit pre Pentecost, and pre Death of Christ Lk 1:15,41,67

For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

All the saints God used to write the Scriptures' were no doubt filled with the Holy Ghost 2 Pet 1 19-21

19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
The Baptism of the Holy Spirit was only for the Apostles and the few they laid their hands on. “And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,” Acts 8:18 (KJV 1900)

Those who received the Baptism could perform the signs and wonders of the Apostles. But they could not pass the gift on to others.

The Baptism ended with the Apostles. But since Pentecost, all believers have the gift of the Holy Spirit and His fullness that comes through repentance.
You don't know that the saved have to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?

Old 09-19-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
No kidding
She doesn't seem to understand that, and many other things.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:17 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
She doesn't seem to understand that, and many other things.
I understand where you are coming from

How I see it is Christianity is divided by design, and there are many types of holding places

That is the purpose of the earthly assembling that is instituted and ordained by man

There is also another type of assembling that happens for those called out of that earthly dominion

There is an in the body and out of the body and both those, the internal and external, make up the entire body

Neither is better than the other

We all have things that we don’t understand or we do not have the skill, capacity for though so I’m of the opinion that we shouldn’t be too hard on each other

Old 09-19-2022, 01:21 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,380,351 times
Quote:

Who laid hands on Paul?

Old 09-19-2022, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I understand where you are coming from

How I see it is Christianity is divided by design, and there are many types of holding places
Christianity is not divided by design.

Quote:
That is the purpose of the earthly assembling that is instituted and ordained by man

There is also another type of assembling that happens for those called out of that earthly dominion

There is an in the body and out of the body and both those, the internal and external, make up the entire body

Neither is better than the other

We all have things that we don’t understand or we do not have the skill, capacity for though so I’m of the opinion that we shouldn’t be too hard on each other
In the body and out of the body? Not sure what you are talking about, but willing to discuss with you.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:45 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,692,177 times
Quote:
Christianity is not divided by design.

In the body and out of the body? Not sure what you are talking about, but willing to discuss with you.
I will make another thread and see where that conversation goes

Old 09-19-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
I will make another thread and see where that conversation goes
I never heard of that before so don't know if it would require a its own thread but would like to talk about it regardless of how long or short the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity