Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2022, 06:06 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Salvationp recedes everything because what we do or do not do has NOTHING to do with our salvation. That was accomplished by Jesus, period. We either take full advantage of it by following His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail, or we do not. Either way, we are "saved as by fire" by what Jesus did.
So you still saying the same as others, ultimately Salvation depends on whether you take advantage of it. Then you say people get saved by fire instead of what Jesus did. You all confused, What Jesus did was the to shed His Blood, not fire. You trying to make 1 Cor 3 be salvation by Christ too

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 06:23 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
So you still saying the same as others, ultimately Salvation depends on whether you take advantage of it. Then you say people get saved by fire instead of what Jesus did. You all confused, What Jesus did was the to shed His Blood, not fire. You trying to make 1 Cor 3 be salvation by Christ too

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Yes, there is a separation between a person and their work

Old 09-18-2022, 06:36 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
God wants us to be like-minded.
I was thinking of 1 Cor. 12.

Old 09-18-2022, 07:23 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I was thinking of 1 Cor. 12.
You might have been thinking that but it has nothing to do with what Meerkat was talking about, and that is whom I replied to.

This is what Meerkat said:

"It’s not that I think all the other denominations are all okay or all bad

How I see it is that an ever increasing diversity in Christianity has been set in motion by design

Gen 1:27**So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28**And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Mat 10:34**Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
Mat 10:35**For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
Mat 10:36**And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.
Mat 10:37**He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:38**And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Mat 10:39**He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Luk 4:18**The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
Luk 4:19**To preach the acceptable year of the Lord."

Old 09-18-2022, 07:28 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
No, I am not saying the same as everyone else. We cannot DO ANYTHING to lose our salvation because we have nothing to do with gaining our salvation. Jesus saved us and NOTHING can change that FACT!!! There are other things that should concern us, but our salvation is not one of them.

Old 09-18-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Salvationp precedes everything because what we do or do not do has NOTHING to do with our salvation. That was accomplished by Jesus, period. We either take full advantage of it by following His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail, or we do not. Either way, we are "saved as by fire" by what Jesus did.
How can you say that when John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus by having people repent of their sins?

We still have to repent of our sins to prepare our hearts for Jesus to live there.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:06 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
How can you say that when John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus by having people repent of their sins?

We still have to repent of our sins to prepare our hearts for Jesus to live there.
Repentance is part of it and it can not be avoided but it has nothing to do with John The Baptist or any ritual. It stems from a commitment to follow Jesus's instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we fail. There is no magic ritual that can replace that and no magic or supernatural effects needed, just our commitment.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
You’ve called every church false. You’ve repeatedly written that none teaches truth. You said that is why you don’t assemble with any. Go back and read your posts.
You should be more careful on what you claim someone says.

You said: "Essentially, you are saying every church (body of Christ) is lost. That amounts to every Christian."

There is only one church, and the body of Christ is not lost.

You said I said every Christian is lost. Don't say what I "essentially said", because you are not speaking the truth. You don't even make sense. There are many who have the truth.

You don't like it that I would not assemble with any denomination, but you even said you wouldn't step foot in some.

You want to step foot in a Catholic church with all that bowing to statues going on and calling the priest 'father'? You want to go in the Mormon church with their other testament? You want to go to a Pentecostal church where they are all speaking in tongues and doing other strange things?

You want to come at me the way you did and you should be more careful and check yourself.

Quote:

No Scripture says that. They lived in a community of both believers and unbelievers. They did not live separately.

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

You need to show where they lived with unbelievers. It says ALL THAT BELIEVED, and that they were together.

Quote:
Yes it does. Read it again. Hebrews 10:24ff. We are commanded to not neglect the assembling of ourselves together. The very next verse says if we sin willfully there remains no sacrifice. Disobeying the command to assemble is sinning willfully.
It does not say it is a sin to not assemble.

It says to exhort those who sin, for it says you can't keep sinning.

You aren't reading it correctly.

Quote:

Yes, my congregation disfellowships, and we are not a denomination.
Well that is good of your church, but I still wouldn't go there.

Your church teaches against the Word of God concerning water baptism.

Quote:

They also met in the courts of the temple. God told Moses to have a fund raising campaign so the tabernacle could be built, a place where God’s people could worship. There is nothing in all of Scripture that says church buildings are wrong. I agree that monies should be used wisely and there is no reason to build magnificent buildings.
You are trying to act like God wants us to make buildings to meet in and you use what God told Moses about the tabernacle. You know you aren't being logical. It is the same kind of illogical stance the Catholics make when they say why it is okay to make statues.

Quote:

I know what you’ve written. You do not believe that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the one true God.
You are bearing false witness.

You don't seem like you care about doing that either.

Quote:

I don’t use the term “trinity” because it is not found in Scripture, but there is a huge amount of evidence in the Bible that shows us that our God is triune, three persons in one God.
Of course there are three.

Quote:

You have repeatedly said that churches who teach baptism precedes the gift of the Holy Spirit are false teachers. I gave you examples that show baptism precedes forgiveness of sins, the gift of the Holy Spirit and salvation.
You are not careful with what a person says. It is not a good sign.
I said a person can receive the Holy Spirit before or after a water baptism but never before repenting of sins.

Quote:
Salvation does not precede baptism. Cornelius was given the ability to speak in tongues in order to show Peter that the Gentiles could now be saved. If speaking in tongues means salvation, then even the little donkey in Numbers was saved because it spoke in tongues. Cornelius needed to be baptized like everyone else.
Cornelius was given the Holy Spirit and his speaking in tongues was proof to the Jews.
God doesn't give gifts of the Holy Spirit to the unsaved.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
No, there are no different truths but there are many different tasks and roles. But since God is Spirit, they ALL have the SAME SPIRIT - His Holy Spirit - and as Jesus Divinely revealed it does NOT contain wrath or vengeance or any of the negative things. That is why we are told NOT to have any wrath or vengeance in us. We are to have the same Spirit as in the "mind of Christ." As a reminder, here it is again:

Philippians 2:5-30 King James Version
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.

This is NOT rocket science. If you want to be guided by the Holy Spirit you MUST be in those states of mind that are associated with the Holy Spirit and NOTHING OPPOSITE or incompatible with Him!!!
You must not be following the discussion very well.

Old 09-19-2022, 05:19 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
You should be more careful on what you claim someone says.

You said: "Essentially, you are saying every church (body of Christ) is lost. That amounts to every Christian."

There is only one church, and the body of Christ is not lost.

You said I said every Christian is lost. Don't say what I "essentially said", because you are not speaking the truth. You don't even make sense. There are many who have the truth.

You don't like it that I would not assemble with any denomination, but you even said you wouldn't step foot in some.

You want to step foot in a Catholic church with all that bowing to statues going on and calling the priest 'father'? You want to go in the Mormon church with their other testament? You want to go to a Pentecostal church where they are all speaking in tongues and doing other strange things?

You want to come at me the way you did and you should be more careful and check yourself.

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;

You need to show where they lived with unbelievers. It says ALL THAT BELIEVED, and that they were together.

It does not say it is a sin to not assemble.

It says to exhort those who sin, for it says you can't keep sinning.

You aren't reading it correctly.

Well that is good of your church, but I still wouldn't go there.

Your church teaches against the Word of God concerning water baptism.

You are trying to act like God wants us to make buildings to meet in and you use what God told Moses about the tabernacle. You know you aren't being logical. It is the same kind of illogical stance the Catholics make when they say why it is okay to make statues.

You are bearing false witness.

You don't seem like you care about doing that either.

Of course there are three.

You are not careful with what a person says. It is not a good sign.
I said a person can receive the Holy Spirit before or after a water baptism but never before repenting of sins.

Cornelius was given the Holy Spirit and his speaking in tongues was proof to the Jews.
God doesn't give gifts of the Holy Spirit to the unsaved.
I don’t have time to go through all of your posts and the things you’ve said. I’ll leave it at that.

The Bible nowhere equates speaking in tongues with salvation.

On the Day of Pentecost three thousand people believed the gospel message. Yet there is no indication that any of them spoke in tongues. This is true with every conversion recorded in the Book of Acts.

In the case of Cornelius, his speaking in tongues was not to show he’d been saved. The Scriptures say no such thing. You are reading salvation into the narrative. It is not there. Salvation is not mentioned. We are told specifically why Cornelius spoke in tongues. It was a sign of his belief. It served to show Peter and the others that God now accepted the Gentiles. Cornelius experienced baptism with the Holy Spirit just as Peter and the other Apostles did at the beginning (on the day of Pentecost). This is why Peter said, “Who was I that I could withstand God?”

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said, ‘John indeed baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 If therefore God gave them the same gift as He gave us when we believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could withstand God?” (Acts 11:15)

The Cornelius story is unique and should not be used as God’s alternative plan of salvation. Jesus told us what we must do in Mark 16:15-16 and Matthew 28:18-20. He never commanded us to be baptized with the Holy Spirit to be saved.

I stand by Hebrews 10:24-26. Assembling is a command. We are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. Paul immediately follows with the words, “For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins.”

24 And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, 25not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching. 26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Why don’t you assemble?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity