Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 05:10 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I would appreciate us getting this thread back on track. Here is the OP topic.

Are you ‘in Christ?”

How do you know?

How did you get “in Christ?”

I am in Christ. I know because of what Galatians 3:26-29 says.

26You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed and heirs according to the promise.

I am a child of God through faith. I was baptized into Christ. I was clothed with Christ.

I know I am in Christ because of what Romans 6:3-7 says.

3Or aren’t you aware that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been united with Him like this in His death, we will certainly also be united with Him in His resurrection. 6We know that our old self was crucified with Him so that the body of sin might be rendered powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin. 7For anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

When I was baptized into Christ, I was baptized into His death. I am walking in the newness of life. I was United with Christ in His death, therefore, I will be United with Him in His resurrection. My old self was crucified with Him. I am no longer a slave to sin. I have been set free from sin.

God is so good!
Now you think the topic is off? How convenient for you. As for you believing you are saved doesn't mean you shouldn't be taught where you are in error, for even you are trying to do that to many here who don't have your beliefs.

I just want to help others to know God better, for that is what obedience to the Truth does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 07:50 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Default In Christ

News Flash! All humans are "In Christ" because we are all "In God" and He became one of us as His Son Jesus!!! The collective human Spirit now contains the very Holy Spirit of God and we can never be separated from Him!!! Whether or not we deserve to be and can avoid needing "refinement" is up to us!!!

Old 09-20-2022, 07:52 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
News Flash! All humans are "In Christ" because we are all "In God" and He became one of us as His Son Jesus!!! The collective human Spirit now contains the very Holy Spirit of God and we can never be separated from Him!!! Whether or not we deserve to be and can avoid needing "refinement" is up to us!!!
No, all humans are not in Christ. That is your belief only . . .your opinion. That is not what the NT writers taught.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No, all humans are not in Christ. That is your belief only . . .your opinion. That is not what the NT writers taught.
We disagree about what JESUS taught and what He represented as God Himself. Whether or not that is what the NT writers interpreted Him to teach and represent is a separate issue.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:09 PM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
We disagree about what JESUS taught and what He represented as God Himself. Whether or not that is what the NT writers interpreted Him to teach and represent is a separate issue.
We only know what Jesus taught by way of the NT writers who did not share your opinion that everyone has been saved.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
We only know what Jesus taught by way of the NT writers who did not share your opinion that everyone has been saved.
I will only ask that you use your logic to explain how God who, as Jesus declared, IS agape love and forgiveness could ever reach a point where He would not love and forgive. The word "IS" has great significance because it is not that God HAS love and forgiveness in Him, but that God IS pure love and forgiveness itself!!!! Believe me, Michael. I encountered it and it is unmistakable!

Old 09-20-2022, 11:45 PM

Quote:
I will only ask that you use your logic to explain how God who, as Jesus declared, IS agape love and forgiveness could ever reach a point where He would not love and forgive. The word "IS" has great significance because it is not that God HAS love and forgiveness in Him, but that God IS pure love and forgiveness itself!!!! Believe me, Michael. I encountered it and it is unmistakable!
God loves those who love Him by obeying Him.

Those are the people who He puts in Him and who He lives in.

You will never ever be able to get around that truth.

Jesus words are true and forever.

1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:51 PM

Quote:
No, not all humans are in Christ. We have to repent of our sins and promise to die to the sins of the world and then live to please Jesus. We are to believe that his blood purifies us from all sin and that he will then make his home in our hearts and place us in him.

Jesus isn't going to make his home with an unrepentant unbeliever, or hater of him.

Can you imagine if you could live anywhere you wanted, would you make your home with an unrepentant sexual deviant who stole constantly lied and did other such things? No? Of course not, and the Father and Jesus wouldn't for sure. He tells us what to do to be the ones he makes his home with. I make sure my house is cleaned here and there before family and friends come by to stay over for a while, can you imagine the Father and Jesus coming to make their home in your heart and you didn't get cleaned first by repenting of sins?

Old 09-21-2022, 03:54 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Words of Encouragement

If you are in Christ and Christ is in you, He is with you wherever you go. At your lowest moment, when you feel isolated, abandoned, and alone, you can say, “The Lord is at my right hand, therefore I will not be shaken” (Psalm 16:8).

When you know that Christ lives in you, then you can say with David, “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?” (Psalm 27:1). You can say with Paul, “If God be for me, who can be against me?” (Romans 8:31). And you can say with John, “Greater is he who is in me than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me” (Revelation 3:20).

Old 09-21-2022, 08:41 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
mystic

Quote:
News Flash! All humans are "In Christ"
False, Christ will tell some in that great day, He never knew them Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Strange thing to say to people who are in Him !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity