Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2010, 12:58 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
yep, Love is the greatest FORCE in the universe

it can move the inmovable
And, it MOST DEFINITELY has in my little corner of the universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't know many itinerant preachers that are known WORLDWIDE 2000 years later.

Have you checked out the guy named Muhammad 1,000 years later? Check out what he started.

The Jesus movement simply met the good fortune of having the eventual backing of an empire that went on to shape the empires (Spain, France, England) that went on conquer much of the rest of the world and push the Jesus religion on them. That's how you keep such an itinerant preacher relevant.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:01 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
I think she just sees the error of what most christians beleive.

Most beleive God creates good and evil

Therefore seeing a God that will do these things it is no wonder people laugh, fall away, get angry etc. at/from God.

Those in the OT never knew God in His true light, thus Jesus came in order to show us the Father.

If you match up what Jesus say of God and what those in the OT thought of God they are totally different.

For instance someone brought up the point where it records that God told Moses to go and kill everyone including children. So Moses goes and does exactly that.

My Question is why would Moses think God ment for him to physically murder everyone?

It is because he/Moses beleived in a God who creates both good and evil.

If Moses had of come to the knowledge of God, that God cannot create evil then Moses would have understood what God really was saying to him in those scriptures.

Which is kill your enemies by making them your friend.

When your enemy becomes your friend you have killed your enemy.

IMO as long as people continue to see a God who creates both good and evil they have not yet seen God through the eyes of Christ.

Anyway that is my rant for the day
Suppose that is the way Moses understood it but it was written metyphorically to confound the wise?....

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
But it's also been proven that the mention was an interpolation added much later on.
Correct. It sticks out like a big, fat sore thumb.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:02 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
I disagree. Money is. It can move the most beautiful woman to "love" the most ugly and ruthless men and even vice-versa.
Well money can by sex from many beautiful women or men, but it can hardly buy love.

Whereas love can make the most beuatiful woman fall head over heels for the most uglyest of guys.

I know I am one of those guys.

So as the cards are on the table I win because love beats money every time.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Suppose that is the way Moses understood it but it was written metyphorically to confound the wise?....
You smoking that good stuff too Rich? lol I thought the bible was literal.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Well money can by sex from many beautiful women or men, but it can hardly buy love.

Whereas love can make the most beuatiful woman fall head over heels for the most uglyest of guys.

I know I am one of those guys.

So as the cards are on the table I win because love beats money every time.
I understand. It is a beautiful thing, that love thingee, however, money past love a long time ago. Even when there is no love, money gets things done.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:05 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Really? Or are just saying that so you can ignore it, because it seemed pretty straight forward to me.
Lol...Just go away...

Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
LOL then there are many wise christians around

Old 05-28-2010, 01:11 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I don't know many itinerant preachers that are known WORLDWIDE 2000 years later.

I mean, at that time in the Roman Empire there was your average Pagan, your Greek philosopher, and abundant schools of thought, with a lot of brilliant types hanging about.

I don't see how ONE guy could make much of a wave.

Those were wild times, and a plain ol' dude walking around with some fisherman wouldn't have really stuck out.
You are aware that Christianity only became the only religion through threats of death, executions and the destruction of any material contrary to it aren't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity