Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 12:09 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,028,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMRohde View Post
So which do you choose? The devil in red or the devil in blue?
As I've said in another thread, I choose neither. Both are way over-promising and just trying to sweet-talk their ways into the White house. It's more of the same garbage from the Republicans & Democrats. I don't know why more Christians haven't gotten on the Constitution Party bandwagon, while I don't agree w/every single thing they stand for, the main thing the platform on is drastically reducing federal government to the way it was originally which would be the best thing for our country by far. Plus all of their moral stances line up w/a Judeo-Christian belief system. My vote is going to Chuck Baldwin.

I do say too, that Christians for the most part tend to always give Republicans the benefit of the doubt since they are the pro-lifers and morally speaking claim to support Christian causes. However, we need to recognize that the President really has minimal influnece on the moral issues of our country, in my Bible, I read that it's the body of Christ that is supposed to love the prostitute, widows (single-mothers), homosexuals, etc., and I believe if the body did that in love, we'd see far more change for the better in American society than any president will ever offer. Abortions continue to increase the past 20 years, and 12 of those were w/the pro-life Bush's in the oval office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
To get back to the op, for me it's as simple as being a republican. I'm not thrilled with the republican choice, but I'm certainly not going to vote for Obama just because of that. I don't like the democratic party and what it stands for, and I detest liberalism. I just cannot vote for someone who is a democrat. I'm a Christian, and the republican party has always represented Chrisitianity and conservativism the best.
Thanks for getting the thread back on track.

What part of liberalism do you detest?

Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,796,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Thanks for getting the thread back on track.

What part of liberalism do you detest?
Anything that goes against the Bible, which is pretty much everything that liberals advocate.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:11 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post

Sorry, I should have said every Veteran I know 1) In 'real life' and 2) that's over 30.
Could you clarify this for me, Alpha? More specifically, could you explain the bolded part?

Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Could you clarify this for me, Alpha? More specifically, could you explain the bolded part?
Sure, after you clarify this.....

Quote:
Ahem... *cough* *cough*... Ahem... *cough*

Stupid cigarettes...

Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,385,192 times
Quote:
Haha - until now I actually thought that Alpha meant that he knows more than 30 veterans. I'm just naive like that...

Old 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Sure, after you clarify this.....
It was a joke. You said you didn't know any veterans who would vote for Obama. I brought about a "coughing fit" to kind of say "What about me?". Then I blamed the "coughing fit" on the cigarettes. That was it. A joke. Not a derogatory remark, a simple joke hence the ' ' at the end of it.

I'll be sure to clarify any future jokes that I have from this point on for those who don't seem to get them and who feel that I am being immature for trying to lighten the mood. I'll do my best not to act my age from here on out.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
It was a joke. You said you didn't know any veterans who would vote for Obama. I brought about a "coughing fit" to kind of say "What about me?". Then I blamed the "coughing fit" on the cigarettes. That was it. A joke. Not a derogatory remark, a simple joke hence the ' ' at the end of it.

I'll be sure to clarify any future jokes that I have from this point on for those who don't seem to get them and who feel that I am being immature for trying to lighten the mood. I'll do my best not to act my age from here on out.
That's what I thought and I took it that way. This post comes across like you think I over-reacted...I didn't mean it that way.

I got your joke. I wasn't trying to be smart.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
That's what I thought and I took it that way. This post comes across like you think I over-reacted...I didn't mean it that way.

I got your joke. I wasn't trying to be smart.
Then can you explain to me the "Over 30" comment please?

Old 10-10-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Haha - until now I actually thought that Alpha meant that he knows more than 30 veterans. I'm just naive like that...
Nevermind, Alpha, misunderstanding on my part. I wasn't thinking along the lines that perhaps you knew 30 veterans as well as who they were voting for. Heck, I'd be hard pressed to name off 30 guys I know who are veterans much less what their voting preferences are. I thought you were saying "All of the veterans I know in real life who are over the age of 30." Sorry for the confusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity