Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 06:52 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Cadavers?...This study was not done on cadavers, which you would know had you read the research...Un-freaking believable how you people twist the truth so that it fits with what is in your ancient book.

Differences both in the brain activity and anatomy were observed in a study involving 90 men and women, including homosexuals and heterosexuals of both genders.
The researchers monitored neural activity in the brain by charting blood flow.
The scans were carried out when the volunteers were resting and exposed to no external stimuli.

Gay Men, Straight Women Have Similar Brains

No I did not take the time to go to the link. I assumed it was a different study. I will check it out. Actually from what you've shared it sounds quite interesting. Thanks!

Old 10-12-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Does anything change if Meerkat is gay...?
yes, but I'll direct my comments to meerkat since I was asking him/her.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
No Hoosier,

I am not gay.

I have a question. Whether here in the forum, or in RL, I've found that some (not all) of the most outspoken people for acceptance of homsexuality is straight people. I would think it would be the other way around, more gay people clamoring for acceptance. Do you or others who believe homsexuality is okay have any thoughts as to why this is the case?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:12 PM

396 posts, read 838,091 times
If a gay or lesbian got on this board and posted a thread saying "Accept me," would there be any less of an argument? What is the ratio of GLTB to Hetero in the world (I'm really curious, this isn't just a hypothetical question)? Hasn't some of the majority always fought for the minority?

Old 10-12-2008, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post
If a gay or lesbian got on this board and posted a thread saying "Accept me," would there be any less of an argument? What is the ratio of GLTB to Hetero in the world (I'm really curious, this isn't just a hypothetical question)? Hasn't some of the majority always fought for the minority?
I believe that is a difficult question to answer. I googled your question and couldn't come up with an answer. And your answer about the majority fighting for the minority does make quite a bit of sense. While I don't agree with homosexuality I would never allow anyone to be treated badly because of he/she is gay. That, IMO is 100% wrong to do to any person.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:23 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
What gets me is that non-christian folks who express love, understanding and compassion to gays are considered tolerant. Now take christians who feel the same way yet abide by God's Word and they are considered ignorant, biased, intolerant, bigoted and whatever else you can think of. If that's the case, then I'll take God's Word any day and live with the verbal abuse.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:24 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,588,833 times
Everyone is accepted....but actions are not accepted.

Just like on this forum...Everyone is welcome but there are rules to be followed. That's how it is EVERYWHERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morale Officer View Post

Old 10-12-2008, 07:32 PM

1,491 posts, read 3,116,711 times
Tolerance is just another way of saying it's ok to do or say or think whatever you want to do. God's Word never says that we have to be tolerant of anybody or anything. It just says that we are to follow Christ, have love and compassion for others and let Him take care of the rest.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:36 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Hoosier,

I can't answer your question for other people, for me I had exposure in my younger years to religious indoctrination and hypocrisy that left its mark. I have been convicted of my sins and am seeking God and believe in Jesus Christ as my saviour.

To me there seems to be an undercurrent of follow the mass of christianity, conformity to the religion of christianity, believe in the interpretations that are traditional, do not ask too many questions that will take you outside of the christian safety zone otherwise you will burn in hell eternally.

Maybe those that are christian and gay do not want to set themselves up to be hurt again and again. I can not stand aside and watch as people are judged by how they were born and are not transgressing the 10 commandments.

I am personally trying to untangle the whole knot of Judaism and christianity and what is the truth and what is traditions, Jesus Christ himself said that the religious leaders of his day had taken traditions and made the law of God of non-effect and in Revelation we are told that the great city "Babylon" is fallen and become the habition of every unclean bird and I am wondering what is Babylon - who is the ***** who has daughters.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Everyone is accepted....but actions are not accepted.

Just like on this forum...Everyone is welcome but there are rules to be followed. That's how it is EVERYWHERE.

What does your post mean? Very confusing! Can you clarify please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.