Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2016, 02:31 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is no excuse for treating gays the way you do either, but that hasn't stopped you from treating them with absolute disdain and condemnation.
Speaking against sin is not treating people bad. That's like saying talking about the damages of robbing banks is personally treating bank robbers badly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I look at you with bemusement. Lots of it. You look at LGBTQ with derision which is the definition of mocking.
Nope, I look at them as fellow human beings. I don't hate people like your side HATES us.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:43 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,847,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So an online message board = 100% real life? Wow, some ppl need to get away from the computer and get some sunshine for a change.

Since your side is almost ALWAYS creating threads on this topic, i guess that makes you and your friends MEGA SUPER HUGELY OBSESSED!!!
Since we are all living, breathing, feeling human beings, yes. Whether we can see one another or not is irrelevant. This is as real as it gets, Jeff.

Old 08-19-2016, 04:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Since we are all living, breathing, feeling human beings, yes. Whether we can see one another or not is irrelevant. This is as real as it gets, Jeff.
Read this until it sinks in, Jeff.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:42 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
You deserve to be mocked for not only believing in such a being but for also teaching this appalling belief to the young and the vulnerable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Mockery is for non-believers and the unsaved. A Christian with a heart for God wouldn't mock, much less try to justify it. I'm glad you showed how your brand of Christianity has almost nothing in common with mainstream Christianity. A born again Christian knows that Satan is real because we come under constant attack. Sounds to me like you reject 90% of the Bible to form a watered down liberal version. Do you even belong to a denomination or just make it up as you go?
I don't subscribe to any denomination although I am still listed as a member of the SDA Church ...just not an 'active' member any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Yes, believing and teaching that one should accept their neighbor, despite their sexual orientation, should see one severely punished.
Quote:
Then that means you love and fully accept sex offenders.
Ignoring the absurdity of your comment ...I personally don't love and accept everybody. If I said that I do I'd be a hypocrite, which I am at times. There are those that I don't care for at all. However, love and acceptance of one's neighbors would be the Christian ideal if it were possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV"
I don't believe in your cruel and senseless hell, Jeff.

Anything else ...?
Quote:
I guess everyone goes to heaven in your version, right?
Would that bother you, Jeff? Eternal torment for 'the wicked' is important to you, isn't it? Some of us might be forgiven for believing that many Christian fundies relish the idea that others will finish up writhing on a bed of hot coals.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
You shouldn't get emotionally attached to an online opinion message board. It's not real life.

Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
You shouldn't get emotionally attached to an online opinion message board. It's not real life.
You may not think you're real, jeffy.

But I know I am.

And so is geekigurl. And Dew. And Ronkon. And Fiyero. And Zthatz.

And others.

Is that why you don't mind constantly embarrassing yourself here? Because you don't think you're real?

Old 08-19-2016, 08:32 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Nope, I look at them as fellow human beings. I don't hate people like your side HATES us.
I have yet to use the word hate, or feel hatred toward another group, or human being. Who are this us you speak of? You seem to divide and separate yourself from others.

You deride your brothers and sisters. You mock them

Old 08-19-2016, 08:39 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Is that why you mock and deride your LGBTQ brothers and sisters? What you say here is very real. It counts. It is who you are. How you behave here is exactly who you are with your family, and neighbors.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Yes, Jeff. It is real life. And every.single.time you say cruel things about the LGBTQ community on this board you are saying cruel things about real, live people. Some of them are on this board. You don't get to escape that. You don't get to give yourself an out. You don't get to give yourself permission for bad behavior.

You have sulked and complained about the way YOU are treated on this board. But you want to claim it's not real life? Really?

It's time to be an adult, Jeff. You're getting called out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity