Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:39 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Sorry if I am confusing, eating lunch...taste so good! probably not concentrating.

See if this makes sense This is the Law

No law, just gospel

The judge says you have a fine of $5,000 and you must pay it or you will go to jail no reason why the fine? who saw you, what day was it, just that you have a fine but then someone stepped in and paid it for you. Oh thanks...whatever.

Law and gospel

The Judge says, on July 4, 2000 at 5:00 pm you were clocked going 100 mphs in a 25 mph school zone and you almost ran down a senior citizen, your fine is $5,000 dollars

Good news

The Judge later says to you that even though you broke the law and you deserve the fine or the penalty someone has stepped in to take and paid the fine for you. Well that person was Jesus. Jesus Christ took your place on the cross, the just Judge God had laws and they were broken and now God demands justice for breaking those laws because He is a just judge and sin must be punished. Jesus was the substitution, rather than God pouring His punishment on us, he took it out on Jesus, the bible says, it pleased God to pour His Son on the cross. God was pleased because He he could redirect His anger towards us on Jesus.

When God sees us, He sees Jesus and when God sees Jesus He sees us.
So according to your good news analogy, if as you say the the penalty as already been paid , this means the debt we owed has been cancelled by the one who paid it in full "Jesus"

How long have you believed in UR Fundy ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 10:42 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Iron,

You have to cover all the bases... what happens if torture is true and you don't believe it? Perhaps you will be tortured as well...

In order for fundamentalists to cover all the bases they have to believe in EVERYTHING even remotely stated in the bible!
Notice that in all the "have to believe" statements:
It is clearly stated that you must believe to be saved... believe in the trinity, hell, demons, Jesus as Christ, Jesus as God, that you are a horrible sinner... and the list goes on!

But it is very clear in that you have to believe.. on everything or, from the words of the late evangelist John Rice, "every man must learn the answer, or spend eternity lost, away from God, suffering the torments of the damned!" which he claims is short and simple... check out his article here: What Must I Do To Be Saved? -by Dr. John R. Rice

If you cover all the bases you can be assured your salvation... hopefully you don't miss anything or.. well that would be tragic.
Straw-man!!!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So according to your good news analogy, if as you say the the penalty as already been paid , this means the debt we owed has been cancelled by the one who paid it in full "Jesus"

Ummmmm......perhaps you do not understand. Why would the first person think they are guilty and in need of a saviour? I am very interested to hear this answer?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:

Sorry if I am confusing, eating lunch...taste so good! probably not concentrating.
1- June isn't confused.

2- June would agree: You weren't concentrating. (She suspects you filtered what you read.)

3- June hasn't eaten yet today. June was actually just thinking about ordering lunch. --What are you having? Any recommendations?

Take gentle reading comprehension care.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
1- June isn't confused.

2- June would agree: You weren't concentrating. (She suspects you filtered what you read.)

3- June hasn't eaten yet today. June was actually just thinking about ordering lunch. --What are you having? Any recommendations?

Take gentle reading comprehension care.
ohhhhhh!!!!!! mashed potatoes, corn, vegetables with mushrooms, gravy, corn bread, hotwings, rice piluf (my fav) and barbecue ribs

I love my wife!!!!!!

My recommendation is tums

Old 10-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Ummmmm......perhaps you do not understand. Why would the first person think they are guilty and in need of a saviour? I am very interested to hear this answer?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:52 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
ohhhhhh!!!!!! mashed potatoes, corn, vegetables with mushrooms, gravy, corn bread, hotwings, rice piluf (my fav) and barbecue ribs

I love my wife!!!!!!

My recommendation is tums
LOL.....
Ah, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.....

Old 10-14-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
LOL.....
Ah, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.....

Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Mash potatoes + corn + corn bread + rice PLUS gravy!?

June can't eat all that.

June doesn't eat that much in a week!

(Besides, June 'doesn't do' gravy.)

Old 10-14-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Mash potatoes + corn + corn bread + rice PLUS gravy!?

June can't eat all that.

June doesn't eat that much in a week!

(Besides, June 'doesn't do' gravy.)
Can and did now I am falling asleep in my office. I gonna get some caffeine (coke) bye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity