Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 05:54 PM

442 posts, read 828,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
The Real Story - How Segragated are cities, Birmingham high concentration of Blacks but EXTEMELY Segragated...it's so clear you can almost drawl the line...Pittsburgh low concentration of Blacks but more intergration with Whites.

Birmingham

Race and ethnicity: Birmingham | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5010401643/in/set-72157624812674967/ - broken link)

Pittsburgh

Race and ethnicity: Pittsburgh | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/walkingsf/5010388715/in/set-72157624812674967/ - broken link)
Are you blind? The tiny amount of blue(black people) Pittsburg has is sitting in the freaking middle surrounded by red (white people).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Are you blind.....Birmingham with All that blue on one side and all red on the other.....Segragated!

Pittsburgh blacks live amongst those same whites its better integration than Birmingham's

Old 10-31-2010, 05:57 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,402,326 times
Quote:
Don't worry folks in Bham will catch up....
And

Quote:
Again just showing how behind the Bham really is....
If Pittsburgh's MSA keeps loosing population as the Birmingham MSA keeps gaining, this may become a reality by the time I'm eligible for assisted living.

#22 Pittsburgh, PA MSA
2009 - 2,354,957; 2000 - 2,431,087 (−3.13%)

#34 Birmingham-Hoover, AL MSA
2009 -1,131,070; 2000 -1,052,238 (+7.49%)

Old 10-31-2010, 05:58 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
[quote=Blackbeauty212;16474725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

First what does club scenes prove over neighborhood scenes that shows actual neighborhood intagration ..

1. The "neighborhoods" that you showed are from the lower southside where there are not that many blacks live and judging from the pics it was a weekend afternoon. Show one in the evening on a friday or satuarday...totally different scene. Drunks walking around urinating in people's yards and very few blacks!

Oh brother you bring up something from 1992

2. I brought it up b/c it still revelant to today, b/c the police still treat blacks the same way.

I guess LA is the same for Rodney King or NYC for cop killing of a black Bronx man

Yes, but they at least got some justice or least a federal investigation within a timely manner (it took them over two years to completely investigate his murder). Why? b/c it covered up the fact they the police MURDERED him b/c he was visiting a white girl.

I lived in Pittsburgh for years b/c of my family, thank god I finally excaped that plantation! For the record I moved down south and I can see the difference! At least here the blacks have a voice and can be heard! By the way can you name the last black mayor of pittsburgh? How about a senator or congressman? Hmmm I did not think so!

If you would take the blinders off one day you to will be able to leave the Plantation!

But Bham is more segragated than Pittsburgh.....so this would apply more to Bham and the south than to Pittsburgh..

Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM

Quote:
1 - I am Black

2 - I am from Pittsburgh - East Liberty to be exact

No more racist than the Deep South Honey! And speaking of racist....you seem to be doing pretty good for yourself....since according to you...All Blacks want to seclude themselves amongst other black....That's racist too...

Sorry I am I suppose to be cheated by society or something? am I suppose to feel oppressed and feel that every white person is racist and holds me back? I'm an Educated Black Woman and a graduate of Finance from Point Park College with a successful career in NYC...so tell me how has Pittsburgh cheated me? some of my best friends in college are White, Asian, and Cuban and we all went to Point Park....

Sorry that I dont look at every thing as black and white as you do
So Asians and Mexicans are racist becuase they live in communities together? How old are you?

Old 10-31-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Are you blind.....Birmingham with All that blue on one side and all red on the other.....Segragated!

Pittsburgh blacks live amongst those same whites its better integration than Birmingham's
Use your damn head! Birmingham is going to have more blue and thus some will be clustered and OFCOURSE they are integrated in so parts. WHAT THE HELL IS PITTSBURG'S excuse for having most of the tiny blue they have in the center: SEGREGATION !

Old 10-31-2010, 06:05 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,751,692 times
Quote:
Yaaaa yes because we still need granddad radio stations to give minorities voices.....Pleaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!!! It's 2010 plenty of outlets to have a Voice. And if tons of Pittsburgh Black were still listening to WAMO trust me somebody would've come in and replaced those lost dollars...obviously blacks have moved on long before WAMO died....

How 1940's are you....and how much of Voice was it when the Black radio station was playing the same thing the Top 40's were......

Again just showing how behind the Bham really is....
So Pittsburgh doesn't have any black radio stations, Birmingham has several, including the only Neo Soul format station in the country, and somehow Birmingham is behind??? LOL

If your thinking is any indication of the mindstate of people there, then no wonder people are running away from that area in droves:
Link: Preliminary Census figures show Pittsburgh metro population declined | Pittsburgh Business Times

Old 10-31-2010, 06:05 PM

[quote=simetime;16475047]

The neighborhoods are

Downtown
Northside
Lawrenceville
Southside
Shadyside
Oakland

Plantation?????? OK! Like I said I was successful in Pittsburgh, I'm black and I never expereicned the so-called "Plantation" effect of Pittsburgh you have....

You hate Pittsburgh - so therefore you're carrying a strong bias against it, even though you cannot make a relevant case for the South or Birmingham....

Thanks for Playing....better luck next time.

Oh yea and btw those same NYC cops that were accused of the murder, were proven innocent and given their jobs back with back pay.....How is that justice....But no one will ever claim NYC to be a Racist Plantation....

Old 10-31-2010, 06:11 PM

Ok Folks I'm done! We've come full circle on this subject....someone else want to take up the Fight that's fine..... Funny the OP hasn't even come back since his OP

Old 10-31-2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:

Use your damn head! Birmingham is going to have more blue and thus some will be clustered and OFCOURSE they are integrated in so parts. WHAT THE HELL IS PITTSBURG'S excuse for having most of the tiny blue they have in the center: SEGREGATION !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City