Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
I undrestand what you are saying, but that is why you have other clubs or venues to attend like Taboo 2 (Welcome toTaboo 2 Bar & Bistro), poetry night at Apache Cafe (Apache Cafe :: Index) or Cafe 290 (Cafe 290 I Voted Atlanta’s best place for jazz ...). My point was that we have a variety of things to do in Atlanta other than hang around the young "whipper snappers". In addition, you can bar hop or dine in urban areas such as downtown Decatur, Va. Highlands area, Midtown, or Atlantic Station.
I'm not saying that Atlanta doesn't have establishments or venues that cater to a more mature and professional crowd (I've been to some), but they tend to get overshadowed by the abundance of venues that cater to the younger crowd and the hip hop crowd. I don't have any true friends here, but the few acquaintances that I know here around my age all tell me that they don't go out.

Quote:
Akhenaton06, you should get out of Cherokee County (Conservative) and move to Fulton (Liberal) or DeKalb (Liberal) because Cherokee is really skewing your view of the real Atlanta (Liberal) .
No I should not because that would add another 40-50 miles to my daily commute. I only live where I do because I work in the North Georgia mountains so Cherokee County is as close to civilization as I can get while still having a reasonable commute. Furthermore, when I lived in Charlotte, I frequented Atlanta on a semi-regular basis as I had friends who lived here so I'm already familiar with Atlanta's offerings. Ironically, they moved to North Carolina and I wound up moving here, at least for a year or so.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

The ATl folks posting back to back posts withouth nobody from DC even saying nothing...at least go back and forth

Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 AM

4 posts, read 3,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
The ATl folks posting back to back posts withouth nobody from DC even saying nothing...at least go back and forth
Because they pressed...

Old 06-16-2011, 10:25 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia89 View Post
Because they pressed...
Pressed about...........?

If anything, the D.C people are pressed that a southern city like Atlanta has a better nightlife, and we are a smaller city and metro!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
I so agree. I really tried to get into the Go-Go thing but I just could not do it. It was too vanilla and subdued for my liking.
Go go subdued and vanilla? The bad part of go go is that its so raw and live ppl do get " __" afterwards unfortunelty yall starting to sound ignorant

Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 AM

418 posts, read 809,394 times
Quote:
Pressed about...........?

If anything, the D.C people are pressed that a southern city like Atlanta has a better nightlife, and we are a smaller city and metro!!!!!!
DC's metro larger than ATL? I thought atl was at around 6 million.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:50 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
Yeah, both are basically the same size population-wise.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
Go go subdued and vanilla? The bad part of go go is that its so raw and live ppl do get " __" afterwards unfortunelty yall starting to sound ignorant
My opinion is my opinion. It has nothing to do with being ignorant. I have heard Go-Go on many occassions and it is "whack", IMO!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
I am just going by the census count. According to the census.gov (http://2010.census.gov/news/csv/popu...icro_areas.csv) Atlanta is ranked at 5.3 million roughly and D.C at 5.6 million roughly!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,436,974 times
Atlanta's nightlife has been hot since before the 50's when Sweet Auburn Ave. Attracted more black artist than U Street ever did. Atlanta's nightlife is made hot by the fact that so much up and coming talent is in some of our clubs/bars singing, rapping, djing, etc. Face it there's just too much talent in Atlanta for D.C. to compete. That's why Atlanta has created and excelled in so many different musical areas. I'm sure D.C. must have a couple of musical legends besides it's GoGo artist but all I know of D.C. is Go Go.

Some musical talent from Atlanta. (this aint even the tip of the iceberg) This is directly related to nightlife because we have so much home made music right here in our city to show case at our night spots.

Old Skool Atlanta Soul

YouTube - ‪(1973) Empress Gladys & The Pips "Midnight Train To Georgia"‬‏

Atlanta old funk

YouTube - ‪Atlanta Rhythm Section - Spooky‬‏

Atlanta Disco

YouTube - ‪S.O.S. Band- Just Be Good To Me‬‏

YouTube - ‪S.O.S. Band performs Take Your Time (1980).‬‏

Atlanta R & B

YouTube - ‪112 - U Already Know‬‏

YouTube - ‪Lloyd - Cupid ft. Awesome Jones!!!!‬‏

Tritbute to ATL's Morris Brown featuring music from Morris Brown Band

YouTube - ‪Morris Brown‬‏

Other Atlanta Artist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA7vyGEjnDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5EP3KHu-VI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City