Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:36 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,157,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
My opinion is my opinion. It has nothing to do with being ignorant. I have heard Go-Go on many occassions and it is "whack", IMO!
You sound stupid! First, Go-go is anything but subdued? WTF. Go go is raw as it gets. That's why, your weak a$$ ATL rappers have to get with a go-go band if they want to play in DC. That Bama Lloyd is always in DC with Backyard. If you go to a real go-go, you will come out soaking wet from dancing all night. Second, go-go is never whack. Just ask Luda, Nellly, Jaz-Z, Jill Scott, etc. and the rest of them that have used a go go track to push a hot song, Atlanta's nightlife is jive country to be honest. I can't get with the gold fronts and all that off brand, bama sh*t they do down in the sticks. DC's nightlife is way better.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Atlanta's nightlife has been hot since before the 50's when Sweet Auburn Ave. Attracted more black artist than U Street ever did. Atlanta's nightlife is made hot by the fact that so much up and coming talent is in some of our clubs/bars singing, rapping, djing, etc. Face it there's just too much talent in Atlanta for D.C. to compete. That's why Atlanta has created and excelled in so many different musical areas. I'm sure D.C. must have a couple of musical legends besides it's GoGo artist but all I know of D.C. is Go Go.

Some musical talent from Atlanta. (this aint even the tip of the iceberg) This is directly related to nightlife because we have so much home made music right here in our city to show case at our night spots.

Old Skool Atlanta Soul

YouTube - ‪(1973) Empress Gladys & The Pips "Midnight Train To Georgia"‬‏

Atlanta old funk

YouTube - ‪Atlanta Rhythm Section - Spooky‬‏

Atlanta Disco

YouTube - ‪S.O.S. Band- Just Be Good To Me‬‏

YouTube - ‪S.O.S. Band performs Take Your Time (1980).‬‏

Atlanta R & B

YouTube - ‪112 - U Already Know‬‏

YouTube - ‪Lloyd - Cupid ft. Awesome Jones!!!!‬‏

Tritbute to ATL's Morris Brown featuring music from Morris Brown Band

YouTube - ‪Morris Brown‬‏

Other Atlanta Artist

YouTube - ‪Cee-Lo - Gettin' Grown‬‏

YouTube - ‪B.o.B - "I'll Be In The Sky"‬‏
Old and New School Artist, Actors and Entertainers coming from the DMV. Atlanta has a bunch of rappers.

Marvin Gaye
Duke Ellington
Martin Lawrence
Michael Ealy
Samuel L. Jackson
Dave Chapelle
Tommy Davidson
Amerie
Laz Alonzo
Tank
Johnny Gill
Ginuwine
Mya
Tariji P. Henson
Raheem DeVaughn
J. Holiday
Wale

Old 06-16-2011, 11:47 AM

[quote=Galounger;19617455]Atlanta's nightlife has been hot since before the 50's when Sweet Auburn Ave. Attracted more black artist than U Street ever did. Atlanta's nightlife is made hot by the fact that so much up and coming talent is in some of our clubs/bars singing, rapping, djing, etc. Face it there's just too much talent in Atlanta for D.C. to compete. That's why Atlanta has created and excelled in so many different musical areas. I'm sure D.C. must have a couple of musical legends besides it's GoGo artist but all I know of D.C. is Go Go.

Slim, you must be crazy! Auburn Ave??? LLS. U Street was "Black Broadway" before Harlem. Know your history son.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...-u-street.html

U Street Corridor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-16-2011, 12:02 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You sound stupid! First, Go-go is anything but subdued? WTF. Go go is raw as it gets. That's why, your weak a$$ ATL rappers have to get with a go-go band if they want to play in DC. That Bama Lloyd is always in DC with Backyard. If you go to a real go-go, you will come out soaking wet from dancing all night. Second, go-go is never whack. Just ask Luda, Nellly, Jaz-Z, Jill Scott, etc. and the rest of them that have used a go go track to push a hot song, Atlanta's nightlife is jive country to be honest. I can't get with the gold fronts and all that off brand, bama sh*t they do down in the sticks. DC's nightlife is way better.
HAHAHA! Now I sound stupid because of my opinion? Grow up!

In addition, Gold teeth are not just in Atlanta, they exist in D.C (Photo: Man With Gold Teeth - City Desk - Washington City Paper) as well as all of America. Get off your high horse, SON!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:18 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
HAHAHA! Now I sound stupid because of my opinion? Grow up!

In addition, Gold teeth are not just in Atlanta, they exist in D.C (Photo: Man With Gold Teeth - City Desk - Washington City Paper) as well as all of America. Get off your high horse, SON!

Nah man you sound like a republican..First off alot of ppl in and around the ATL dont even know that DC is a black mecca to begin with...I dont know if your one of those ppl..that whole go-go subdued thing has me messed up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNTDz...yer_detailpage

Last edited by boreatwork; 06-16-2011 at 12:30 PM..

Old 06-16-2011, 12:29 PM

4 posts, read 3,838 times
lmaooooooooo

ATL is some bammas
PG county is the richest black county in America fools!

Oh yea check me out
[url=http://www.facebook.com/vagginajuiceee[/url]

Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
One thing I noticed about these threads are they're always urban focused. Many other scenes exist outside of the urban market. Another thing is celebrity hosted parties are a good selling point imo.

I think if you guys really want to impress people; expand on your cities musical/ nightlife options outside of the urban crowd. I'm mad somebody used a Jamie Foxx party as a good thing.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:38 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,840,814 times
ANother thread going down hill.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post

This must be your favorite Phrase...

Old 06-16-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia89 View Post
Because they pressed...

Oh please!!! You seem pressed thats why you created a new screen name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City