Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:15 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
This always happens. The people from Atlanta stick to making logical arguments and debating but a few from usually D.C. or some other N.E. town will degenerate into hurling ignorant insults like they are angry 8 year olds when they feel like they aren't winning. Whats up with that? I thought you were supposed to be the better educated ones up there but we always stay on track while you guys start acting like a bunch of jr. high drop outs with all kinds silly taunts and cat calls. Makes no sense.
I totally agree. That is why I could never move there because some of the people up there are too stuck-up and arrogant for me. I love to visit D.C but no more than 5 days before it is time to pack and hit the road to head back to ATL!

Old 06-16-2011, 02:50 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,842,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
I can't get with go-go at all although when it come down to which city has the better nightlife, I would have to go with DC easily. This is coming from someone that's a NYC native. I like going to places where the clientele is slightly on the mature and professional side with a strict adherence to dress codes. Atlanta's nightlife is okay but I feel like it's missing something at times. I also feel that most nightlife venues in Atlanta are very lax when it come to enforcing a dress code.
See this is Logical without flaming a city. Different strokes for sifferent folks. In Atlanta you have the LAX venues and Venues that require Dress codes you just have to pick and choose.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:22 PM

4 posts, read 3,844 times

YouTube - ‪Washington Go Go - USA‬‏

Old 06-16-2011, 05:10 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2va76 View Post
I can't get with go-go at all although when it come down to which city has the better nightlife, I would have to go with DC easily. This is coming from someone that's a NYC native. I like going to places where the clientele is slightly on the mature and professional side with a strict adherence to dress codes. Atlanta's nightlife is okay but I feel like it's missing something at times. I also feel that most nightlife venues in Atlanta are very lax when it come to enforcing a dress code.
What he said! Plus DC offers so much more DIVERSITY.

Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
One thing I noticed about these threads are they're always urban focused. Many other scenes exist outside of the urban market. Another thing is celebrity hosted parties are a good selling point imo.

I think if you guys really want to impress people; expand on your cities musical/ nightlife options outside of the urban crowd. I'm mad somebody used a Jamie Foxx party as a good thing.
^This.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:26 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
One thing I noticed about these threads are they're always urban focused. Many other scenes exist outside of the urban market. Another thing is celebrity hosted parties are a good selling point imo.

I think if you guys really want to impress people; expand on your cities musical/ nightlife options outside of the urban crowd. I'm mad somebody used a Jamie Foxx party as a good thing.
Just caught something. I meant celebrity hosted parties is NOT a good selling point.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:34 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,842,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
What he said! Plus DC offers so much more DIVERSITY.
Cheese! !!!!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:53 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,102,358 times
As a guy from a small metro, would I be correct in saying that most of the arguments from both sides in here are petty and not exactly true???

ATL and D.C. are both such colossal metros....can sentiments such as "Atlanta lacks sophisticated lounges" or "you cant find a real party in D.C. where people actually dance" really be accurate???

These are big metros. There are probably enough random spots around both cities that would dispel those type of comments I'm seeing thrown back and forth. Right?

Old 06-17-2011, 03:28 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Ok D.C. Gloves Off.

The Entertainment Industry (especially the Music Industry) being such a big part of Atlanta insures it constantly has more and greater parties than D.C. It's really, really not even close. Yeah D.C.'s nightlife is more visible because it's more concentrated but that doesn't change the fact that there's just wayy waay more going on in Atlanta and on a grander scale.

Black Actors , musicians and athletes from all over the country love partying in Atlanta. Many of them have moved here. It's ridiculous how many famous black athletes have. Your favorite black athlete on your team probably lives here no matter where you're from and a big reason for that is the party scene here. I don't like the term but they don't call it Black Hollywood for nothing.

Here are just some of the parties and events that took place in Atlanta in 2010 til now.

In the first video. Amerie, Jermaine Dupree, Bow Wow, Terrence J, Vanessa and Angela Simmons, Young Dro, Allen Iverson, Vivica A. Fox and Olivea partying at the Geisha House.
Big Boi of Outkast Album release party.
Stacy Dash, Camron, and Allen Iverson parying at Compound.
Chris Brown, Vivica Fox, others partying at Echelon 3000
Gabrielle Union chillin at Primal
Floyd Mayweather throws $15,000 to fans at his Birthday party at Echelon 3000
Ludachris chillin at the Sunset Lounge
P. Diddy throws a party for Erithean soccer at Compound

YouTube - ‪ATL Parties Spring/Summer 2010‬‏

Here at a party at Mansion Elan during Luda Days. In attendance were Ludachris, Chris Brown, Rhianna, Tyrese, Ciara, Vin Diesel, and Kelly Rowland among others.

YouTube - ‪LUDADAYS‬‏

During BET Weekend after the Awards Show at the Mansion Elan a party with P. Diddy, Rick Ross, Jim Jones, Juelz Santana, Red Cafe, Busta Rhymes, Mike Epps, Keri Hilson, Flo Rida, and others.

YouTube - ‪MansionBETPrty‬‏

Niki Minaj performs at Trina's birthday party at Club Miami in Atlanta.

YouTube - ‪Niki Manji-Trina Club Miami ATL‬‏

Biz Markie, Common, Drake, Meagan Goode, Ciara, Jermaine Dupree, Pastor Troy and others at a party at Compound.

YouTube - ‪TheCompound ATL‬‏

DJ Kool and Dougie Fresh perform at Sol Fusion at Aja in Buckhead.

YouTube - ‪Sol Fusion 8th Anniversary‬‏

Nas Album Release Party at Club Esso with Damien Marley.

YouTube - ‪ESSONas‬‏

Mary J Blige perfoms at Echelon 3000

YouTube - ‪MaryJ@Ech3000‬‏

Common performs at Havanna Club. Fat Joe was there.

YouTube - ‪Havanah MOCommon‬‏

Kimora Lee Simmons and Warren G host Icon Mondays at Tongue and Groove

YouTube - ‪Kimora Lee Simmons: Icon Mondays "Armand de Brignac (Ace of Spades) Champagne"Upscale & Furious Ent‬‏
Neyo's album release party "Champaign Life" at MF Sushi Buckhead.

YouTube - ‪The Champagne Life Presented By Moet Rose' & Hosted By Neyo @ MF Room - 09.01.10‬‏
Gucci Manes Album release party at Club Esso.

YouTube - ‪EssoGCm‬‏

D.C.s own Wale performs at Opera.

YouTube - ‪Wale at Opera Atlanta‬‏

Waka Flocka and Young Joc at Juicy Couture Fashion Show at Tongue and Groove.

YouTube - ‪T&GICMonJC‬‏

AUC invitation party at the Luckie Lounge

YouTube - ‪Lukie Lounge Atlanta The Invitation‬‏

I took up too much space as is so I didn't show you some others including B.O.B performing at Club Miami. Allen Iverson's Mansion Pool Party with the Atlanta Dyme girls, The AUC Homecoming party at the W, DMX and Ludachris performing at Club Esso, T.I. performing at the Luckie Lounge, Biz Markie and Common performing at the W, Jamie Foxx's Birthday party at the Compound, P. Diddys Dirty Money Album release parties at the Compound, Ciara's birthday party at the Gold Room, Keri Hilson's Album Release party at the Gold Room, Rick Ross Album release party at Esso, Kiesha Cole pumping up a New Years crowd at Vision, Nelly performing and Cee Lo at Club Echelon. And the list goes on. Trust me it really does go on and on and on.
Damn.....

Old 06-17-2011, 05:31 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,439,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia89 View Post
I thought Fat Albert was from Philly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City