Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Your favorite of the three?
Atlanta 46 38.33%
Miami 31 25.83%
Mexico City 43 35.83%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 10:00 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,982,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You lost long before you started backing Miami as anything more than a party town for flashy tacky European trust fund babies.
Oh boy, here is another one

So because I said Miami is more globally connected? You wonder why Atlanta gets slammed so much on this board. Their boosters do a horrible job of making points and instead slam the other city while not making intelligent claims to back their argument.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:05 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why wouldn't 2 car companies pick a car centric sprawled out place like Atlanta for their NA HQ? Mercedes will be in Sandy Springs which is a suburb on 12 acres & Porsche is not building inside the city of Atlanta either:

"Built almost adjacent & outside to the city's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the 26-acre complex"

Please stop talking about the Olympics too! All I remember was that terrorist attack.
Then you attention span is in dire need of widening because almost every list of top 10 Olympic moments list Ali lighting the torch as one of those moments and when the Womens soccer team won gold.
Greg Louganis Triumphs After Whacking His Noggin (Seoul 1988) - The Top 10 Moments in U.S. Olympic History | Rolling Stone

Are you seriously gonna talk about a place literally less than a few blocks over the border from Atlanta an isssue when Miami Beach which is NOT Miami gets all the praise because downtown Miami is a "thot"lol

Perhaps you should check out how many companies have located in Tech Square if you want to see companies that have moved in the city.

Once again you can even name a sizable company that has moved to ANYWHERE in Miami from any other region outside of Latin America and the Caribbean.Keep trying to deflect.It aint working.

NEXT....

Old 05-22-2015, 10:11 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastphilly View Post

So because I said Miami is more globally connected? You wonder why Atlanta gets slammed so much on this board. Their boosters do a horrible job of making points and instead slam the other city while not making intelligent claims to back their argument.
So you mean 'another one' like you?

The 'booster' argument is old and tired. It's nothing more than defensive reactions responding to posters like you, with an obvious hatred for Atlanta.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:12 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:

The day I look for you to validate my claims as intelligent is the day I know that there is no such thing as "intelligence"
No points have been made but ignored.Im still waiting on answers to the questions posed.I guess you homers must still be looking up stuff huh?Like a needle in a hay stack.lol

Old 05-22-2015, 10:14 PM

5,024 posts, read 5,663,312 times
So... Changing gears... I actually have seriously thought about attempting to work abroad in Mexico City for 6-12 months. Figured it would be a valuable experience. Tell me why I should do it? I know (or at least think I know) that Mexico City has awesome natural beauty, some great walkable historic neighborhoods and food, good parks system and culture close at hand.

What I was wondering though was, how is it in terms of safety? That would be my big concern that would prevent me from doing it (and of course the whole thing of actually finding a job at a university there). Obviously, I hear about safety concerns throughout Mexico City, but I'm thinking there are significant chunks of the central city and outlying suburbs that feel more American/European in nature than anywhere else in the country (or in Latin America for that matter, with the possible exception of Buenos Aires and Santiago). Would it be relatively nice to do so? And just how bad is the air there?

Old 05-22-2015, 10:16 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,982,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
So you mean 'another one' like you?

The 'booster' argument is old and tired. It's nothing more than defensive reactions responding to posters like you, with an obvious hatred for Atlanta.

No another one like YOU. I find it laughable how you rip on Miami with its low paying service jobs, lack of job relocations to the city, large uneducated populace but has a GDP similar to yours. 30 billion isn't significant. Now 400 billion is

Old 05-22-2015, 10:17 PM

19 posts, read 20,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelander1991 View Post
So... Changing gears... I actually have seriously thought about attempting to work abroad in Mexico City for 6-12 months. Figured it would be a valuable experience. Tell me why I should do it? I know (or at least think I know) that Mexico City has awesome natural beauty, some great walkable historic neighborhoods and food, good parks system and culture close at hand.

What I was wondering though was, how is it in terms of safety? That would be my big concern that would prevent me from doing it (and of course the whole thing of actually finding a job at a university there). Obviously, I hear about safety concerns throughout Mexico City, but I'm thinking there are significant chunks of the central city and outlying suburbs that feel more American/European in nature than anywhere else in the country (or in Latin America for that matter, with the possible exception of Buenos Aires and Santiago). Would it be relatively nice to do so? And just how bad is the air there?
You lose with icky Mexico City.... Come to Atlanta instead.....

Old 05-22-2015, 10:21 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
No another one like YOU. I find it laughable how you rip on Miami with its low paying service jobs, lack of job relocations to the city, large uneducated populace but has a GDP similar to yours. 30 billion isn't significant. Now 400 billion is
Yes, it IS significant. With a larger population than us, it's a bad sign. And the middle class is imploding, and moving away from South Florida in large numbers. MANY of them are coming here.

Household incomes and educational attainment are also skewed in our favor, but your hatred blinds you to the facts. You can't be reasoned with, and again have an obvious extreme bias against Atlanta.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:22 PM

19 posts, read 20,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Yes, it IS significant. With a larger population than us, it's a bad sign. And the middle class is imploding and moving away from South Florida.

Household incomes and educational attainment are also skewed in our favor, but your hatred blinds you to the facts. You can't be reasoned with, and again have an obvious extreme bias against Atlanta.
Right.... he's jealous of Atlanta because he has to commute thru a swamp...

Old 05-22-2015, 10:27 PM

5,024 posts, read 5,663,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingoT View Post
You lose with icky Mexico City.... Come to Atlanta instead.....
I'm guessing Atlanta probably is pretty nice, I actually picked it in the poll. But, I do want to study abroad at some point, and so I figured a place that close wouldn't be too bad since I could visit a couple times during the course of the year, and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City