Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated city in the US
New York City 340 21.82%
Los Angeles, California 336 21.57%
Atlanta, Georgia 351 22.53%
Orlando, Florida 243 15.60%
Washington, D.C. 107 6.87%
Miami, Florida 197 12.64%
Chicago, Illinois 163 10.46%
San Francisco, California 168 10.78%
Austin, Texas 298 19.13%
Las Vegas, Nevada 269 17.27%
Honolulu, Hawaii 73 4.69%
Other 135 8.66%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11 0.71%
New Orleans, Louisiana 9 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
I never said that San Diego is not cleaner, safer, and less crowded than L.A. What I did say is that it is smaller, slower, and less exciting than L.A. So what if its the 3rd safest city in America? Its still in AMERICA. Its nowhere near as safe as Japan, even Tokyo. Its basically like saying the 3rd smartest student in a classroom full of morons. You can have your 300 plus days of sun, I like my seasons and changes in weather, it builds character (which is something SD lacks). Right now, its the rainy season in Japan and I'm still not complaining.
I never understood why some people say seasons build character. Character has to do with the individual, not the climate where they live.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:54 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
I like changes in season too sometimes but lol @ it builds character, what doesn't build character is all of those people who commit suicide in Seattle because it rains all the time. The sun makes you feel happier, thats a fact.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
I notice nyc is second place in this poll. So i ask again HOW IS NEW YORK CITY OVERRATED?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:11 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,520,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I like changes in season too sometimes but lol @ it builds character, what doesn't build character is all of those people who commit suicide in Seattle because it rains all the time. The sun makes you feel happier, thats a fact.
Cloudy days make people feel happier, that's a fact. That's a fact cause there's lottsa people who hate sunny days and lottsa people including me, who love cloudy days, rainy days, and snowy days. I used to hate sunny days when I was really lil, but I like em now. But anyway, people from the "sunny places" really need to stop throwing it around like it's the ultimate good for all humanity and everyone should and deep down inside really loves it. Or the more asinine assumption, that everyone hates non-sunny weather, or it's bad for you.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,049,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
I notice nyc is second place in this poll. So i ask again HOW IS NEW YORK CITY OVERRATED?
I think most people had way too many expectations or something, either that or it's just not their style of city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Cloudy days make people feel happier, that's a fact. That's a fact cause there's lottsa people who hate sunny days and lottsa people including me, who love cloudy days, rainy days, and snowy days. .
Yeah Rainy days and dark grey clouds are the days I like the most too to be honest.

That's why I'd love the Pacific Northwest a lot if I lived there. Great weather, IMHO. Most people prefer the other way around...mehhh

Old 07-05-2010, 08:22 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
Quote:

Old 07-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
I think the two main reasons for that are...

1. People hear so much about NYC, it's status as a world city, as America's greatest city, all it offers, blah blah, and on, and on, and on, and without ever coming to see it, think it couldn't possibly be all that and it must be overrated.

2. People hear all the same stuff about NYC, but, they give it way too much credit and expect way too much from it, and then when they go there and it can't live up to the impossible expectations that were built up for it, it again looks overrated.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,585,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Ever hear the phrase, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,773 times
I think coastal Southern CA is kind of overrated because the weather/climate never really changes. And it stays cool for the most part even in summer. It is interesting that I now even say this because I used to prefer cool summers but now when I think about it, a real summer is one that is hot, that's what summer is supposed to be like, right? And another thing I find kind of annoying is when there is wind with the cool temperatures because wind makes it feel worse. I had arrived in LAX airport after a week long vacation last night and it was windy in the 60s. I was shivering quite a bit until I realized I had a coat in my suitcase! I don't know why so many people say that Coastal S. CA has the best weather in the US. I don't agree with that. Best weather is a subjective thing.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
I think coastal Southern CA is kind of overrated because the weather/climate never really changes. And it stays cool for the most part even in summer. It is interesting that I now even say this because I used to prefer cool summers but now when I think about it, a real summer is one that is hot, that's what summer is supposed to be like, right? And another thing I find kind of annoying is when there is wind with the cool temperatures because wind makes it feel worse. I had arrived in LAX airport after a week long vacation last night and it was windy in the 60s. I was shivering quite a bit until I realized I had a coat in my suitcase! I don't know why so many people say that Coastal S. CA has the best weather in the US. I don't agree with that. Best weather is a subjective thing.
What a rare creature on the CD boards lol.
I totally agree lol, it's one of the most subjective things I can think of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City