Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2017, 12:39 PM

378 posts, read 418,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Bad Daddy's Burger Bar next to Publix has opened today.
Can't wait to go there and try it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 06:10 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,821,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I saw a contractor installing the red light/extortion cameras on Firetower Road today. They already finished at Firetower/Charles and were working on installation at Firetower/Arlington.
I give it a year...

Old 10-09-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
I saw a contractor installing the red light/extortion cameras on Firetower Road today. They already finished at Firetower/Charles and were working on installation at Firetower/Arlington.
I saw some of them also. I saw one at the Charles and 14th street intersection.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:40 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,439,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecufootball View Post
Ummmmm.....what? You may want to read up on budgets and how those work and why none of that will ever happen. Also Greenville Blvd is not getting all these interchanges you keep talking about.
Actually, I’d say he isn’t talking too radical with what was said. Yes, South Central doesn’t need to be updated anytime soon, but J.H. Rose does and a plethora of other schools. There are funding mechanisms available for a school building plan. I distinctly remember Greenville, SC about a decade ago had a school building agenda that was anywhere between $500m-1b to build, replace, or renovate about 70 schools over about 15 years if I’m not mistaken. I understand we only share a name with Greenville, SC, but we could borrow from their idea of how to build new facilities for a handful of ours need to be replaced or expanded.

Edit: the program, BEST, in Greenville, SC built, expanded, or renovated 70 schools in 6.5 years with much of the schools being new. It takes 25 years to pay off all the debt for the new buildings.

https://www.greenville.k12.sc.us/Dep...s/fac_plan.pdf

Old 10-10-2017, 08:30 PM

112 posts, read 136,294 times
I was able to go to Bad Daddy’s Burgers today and I definitely recommend trying it out! The food and service was fantastic. They have definitely set the bar for burger joints in Greenville. The prices are decent as well for the amount of food you get.

Old 10-10-2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
I was able to go to Bad Daddy’s Burgers today and I definitely recommend trying it out! The food and service was fantastic. They have definitely set the bar for burger joints in Greenville. The prices are decent as well for the amount of food you get.
I will try going there on Friday...

Old 10-11-2017, 03:43 AM

Dealership owner charged with having gun at RDU - Daily Reflector

Old 10-11-2017, 03:47 AM

Greenville police to issue citations for small crimes instead of arrests

Old 10-11-2017, 06:00 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,288 times
Good news, IMO. But it will be interesting to see how it is implemented. With today's political/social climate, hopefully it won't turn into a black eye for the city when police start arresting some folks, but giving others citations for the exact same crime. Especially if the stats come back and say that more ECU students getting caught with a joint are getting citations, while more west Greenville residents caught with a joint are being arrested for the same exact crimes.

----------

Section of Greenville Blvd to close Wednesday

Quote:
A section of Greenville Boulevard SE will close due to construction Wednesday.

This could cause major delays for drivers on their commute into work.

The railroad tracks near the area of 14th Street and Greenville Blvd. are going to be worked on.

It’s a part of an extension from the Evans Street work done a few weeks ago on the same section of track.

This is a part of the Carolina Coastal Railway’s plan to replace parts of the track.

They are working in connection with the North Carolina Department of Transportation.

The goal is to ultimately make your drive over the track smoother and less bumpy.

“The main thing is to think about alternative routes a different way of avoiding that area completely but if you can’t you can use the detour that goes through Brownlea and 14th Street,” said Steve Hamilton, an engineer for the NCDOT.

The detour will begin at Brownlea to 14th Street and back out to Greenville Boulevard.

To help eliminate traffic DOT officials say if you’re familiar with Greenville to avoid the area if possible.

In a statement released by the Carolina Coastal Railway, it says that the construction will start at 7 o’clock this morning and will be finished as early as Friday afternoon weather permitting.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:36 AM

10 posts, read 14,981 times
Default The old Lowe's Foods on Evans

I noticed a few weeks ago that there were people working on the back side of the old Lowe's Foods spot on Evans Street. The back side where the shipments of groceries would come in. Does anyone know if someone has bought that spot and are preparing to put something there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina