Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 02:31 PM

29 posts, read 39,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ENC View Post
Anyone know what they are building behind the Sheetz and Good Will off of Memorial near PCC? looks like a place where buses would come through
My guess is that it is part of the storage center right on Memorial. A lot of those have shelters for people to store campers, RV's, and boats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
Vidant Medical Center has been re-verified with the highest status as a Level I adult trauma center and for the first time, verified as a Level II pediatric trauma center.

https://www.vidanthealth.com/vidant/....aspx?id=22024

Other American College of Surgeons Verified Trauma Centers in the state:

Carolinas Medical Center: Level I Adult, Level I Pediatric
Moses Cone Hospital: Level II Adult
Duke University Hospital: Level I Adult
UNC Hospital: Level I Adult, Level I Pediatric
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center: Level I Adult, Level I Pediatric

Last edited by MrBojangles; 06-19-2017 at 06:32 PM..

Old 06-21-2017, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,633 times
I am not sure what the legal process is now with NC's different annexation laws but it seems looking at the Greenville city limit boundaries, the city could quickly get to 100,000 in population just through annexation of say Cherry Oaks, other eastern subdivisions. Winterville could as well get to 10,000 through annexation of enclaves and abutting neighborhoods. I also think that recent population estimates for Greenville and Winterville are too conservative. They usually are when the "real" census is taken.

Old 06-22-2017, 03:34 AM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
http://www.reflector.com/News/2017/0...struction.html

Info about the apartments replacing College View

Old 06-22-2017, 06:49 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Wow - that's a nice looking complex, this was badly needed for that section of 10th street. I hope it will spur further re-development in that area. I'm surprised that there hasn't been more talk about this, seems to have been kept under the radar up here. This will certainly be good for Villa Verde. I'm really patiently waiting for that whole strip of old retail stores where the Villa Roma use to be to be torn down & redeveloped. That place is a dump with a capital D!

Old 06-22-2017, 03:01 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times
That looks awesome! And glad to see some new construction on the eastern side of Main campus.

Hopefully they'll do something to connect it to Green Mill Run and Greensprings Park.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:30 PM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
I noticed today there is a sign out in front of the Publix shopping Center that says "Tuesday Morning" coming soon. I think they'll be in a separate building they are constructing kind of in the parking lot near Greenville Blvd. I love that store, but they did have a crummy location over by Big Lots. This should help with their foot traffic.

That Big Lots center needs robbery redeveloped as well, but I won't hold my breath on that one.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:35 PM

25 posts, read 35,688 times
Looks like Michael's is moving to Lyncroft shopping center along with a new Marshall's in the old Lowes foods location.
Attached Thumbnails
Greenville Area Developments-lynncroft-shops-flyer.jpg  

Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvillejb View Post
Looks like Michael's is moving to Lyncroft shopping center along with a new Marshall's in the old Lowes foods location.
I've wondered why Marshall's is in Wilson but not Greenville. I thought Marshall's would be a good fit in the old Lowe's, but I figured they were just down on Greenville (that they'd be here by now if they were interested...). I hope this development is true. It's never good to have empty anchor locations. Circuit City was empty for a half decade...

This also puts Michael's directly across the street from their competition in a newer facility.

Nice deal here, if true...

Old 06-24-2017, 08:01 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
Permit OK'd for uptown meeting/convention space.

Permit allows Starlight to move ahead with new space - Daily Reflector

Quote:
The owners of Greenville’s Starlight Cafe received approval Thursday to fully operate a downtown meeting space that will be used to host a variety of events including art shows, private dinners and yoga classes.

The city Board of Adjustment approved the special-use permit request from Kelly and Tobias Boutilier to operate Moxie Pop as a private convention center. The Boutiliers opened the space at 106 E. Fourth St. in the spring but petitioned the city for the permit as part of their process to receive a state liquor license.

The space is located beside Tavern on 4th and previously served as storage for the tavern. The couple said their plans for the site include art shows, private dinners, yoga classes and a variety of contract functions catered by Starlight, located nearby on Fifth Street.

Kelly Boutilier already teaches yoga classes in the space, and the couple have hosted a few functions there already, she said, but cannot sell alcohol without the permit.

Once their license is approved, Starlight will offer alcoholic beverages for events in addition to catering. The Boutiliers said they are meeting with the state ABC commission early next week and expect a quick approval. Kelly Boutilier said those interested in events should email moxiepopnc@gmail.com.
I love this idea. The space appears to be very small, but at least it will put the idea in people's minds that this would feasible. If successful, it could lead to someone opening a larger space somewhere uptown.

Last edited by michealbond; 06-24-2017 at 08:17 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina