Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,606,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Why be there when the banhammer comes down...
Lane Kiffin is a genius!! Got out of there just in time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Busy offseason. wow.

Tennesee AD calls it quits.

Tennessee Football: AD Mike Hamilton Calls It Quits | Bleacher Report
he must have watched that video of jadeveon clowney, too.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:54 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Default Good for you Stoops...

I think Sooner fans can feel confident that we have one of the best coaches in college football. He appears to have more integrity than most these clowns at other major programs.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says Sooners don't want USC's vacated title - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 06-13-2011, 11:07 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times
79 days...

Old 06-14-2011, 07:16 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I think Sooner fans can feel confident that we have one of the best coaches in college football. He appears to have more integrity than most these clowns at other major programs.

Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops says Sooners don't want USC's vacated title - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN
Why would he even comment on such an absurd notion? Auburn should be the MNC champ since the cheaters were vacated.

Does Bomargate, Big Red, and Free Car Peterson ring a bell? Yeah, that some institutional control y'all have with your AD's jobs program there in Norman under Medium Game Bob.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Does Bomargate, Big Red, and Free Car Peterson ring a bell? Yeah, that some institutional control y'all have with your AD's jobs program there in Norman under Medium Game Bob.
Remind me again how Bob Stoops handled the Rhett Bomar/ Big Red situation when he found out about it?

FYI; Adrian Peterson never violated NCAA rules with his "car deal". At least that's what the NCAA concluded.

Nice try though.

5-7. Lol.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Remind me again how Bob Stoops handled the Rhett Bomar/ Big Red situation when he found out about it?

FYI; Adrian Peterson never violated NCAA rules with his "car deal". At least that's what the NCAA concluded.

Nice try though.

5-7. Lol.
If TexAgs knew about the corruption in the Big Red scandal months before Stoops "found out" about it, what does that say about his program's compliance competence.....even when they had declared "nothing more to see here" after supposedly investigating Peterson's free cars?

What else could he do when it was exposed to the public?

"Lack of institutional control" Does that sound familiar?

The Sooner athletic department ran the job referral program for their players. They were certainly sloppy on the accountabilty...hence your penalties.

But hey, it's SOP for OU. Read your program's history and your own former Governor's book.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Peterson's free cars?
It's funny that you still come back with nonsense.

I'm glad you finally stumbled on the football forum here. Welcome. It looks to be an exciting season. We run some wicked yahoo pick 'ems here. You're gonna have to join the fun.

TexAgs? Living in Round Rock I'm guessing you aren't an Aggie. If you are, that must be rough.

Sooooo, 5-7. LOL.

If you are an Aggie; 77-0. Thats some real funny ****.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:29 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:

I'm glad you finally stumbled on the football forum here. Welcome. It looks to be an exciting season. We run some wicked yahoo pick 'ems here. You're gonna have to join the fun.

TexAgs? Living in Round Rock I'm guessing you aren't an Aggie. If you are, that must be rough.

Sooooo, 5-7. LOL.

Which Big 12 Team was the last one to win a BCS National Championship?
Also, which Big 12 Team was the last one to be in the BCS National Championship?

Spoiler
OU SUCKS!

But anyway, I think OU and Texas are both running clean programs...

Last edited by h152cc2; 06-14-2011 at 09:49 PM..

Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:

Sooooo, 5-7. LOL.

Naw, I'm a Texas fan.

lol 5-7.....at least there was a silver lining there - we got rid of "OU's best coach" - Greg Davis.

The family is a mixed bunch of aggies, T-sippers, Texas Staters, even a Techster, an LSU Tiger, and one Sooner thrown in. Family get togethers are pretty lively.

Yes, even UT fans know Stoops tries to run a clean program.....and that "boosters" are a big danger.

"45-35"

and:

59-41-5
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football