Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 01:54 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,189,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i see no reason we wont have a repeat of last year ...
Why not shoot for the stars and actually win your conference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2018, 10:15 AM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
Preseason AP poll is out: https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

I'm kinda nervous about us being preseason #23 after the beginning of last season, despite the issues that UMD's dealing with right now. And Oregon...i'm not saying Oregon's bad, but i really wouldn't have them top 25 just yet. I'd have South Carolina in there instead.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:18 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times
All right. Here's the picks for the Week 0 games airing on the 25th.

Duquesne vs. UMass
Jacksonville State vs. North Carolina A&T
Prairie View A&M vs. Rice
Hawaii vs. Colorado State
Wyoming vs. New Mexico State

Here are my picks.
Duquesne vs. UMass (I know UMass has quite the habit of falling short and disappointing, but they should handle Duquesne easily.)
Jacksonville State vs. North Carolina A&T (Decided to take Jacksonville State here...don't think A&T has the talent to compete with them.)
Prairie View A&M vs. Rice (Rice should take this one.)
Hawaii vs. Colorado State (Both teams don't really look all that good, but i'll give the Rams the edge over Hawaii.)
Wyoming vs. New Mexico State (Brave pick, considering that NMSU loses plenty of their top players from last season, and Wyoming's got a decent defense, but Doug Martin's got things in Las Cruces on the up and up, and i could see an upset by NMSU here, although most expect Wyoming to deal with the Aggies.)

Old 08-21-2018, 06:35 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
I think the Pac12 is pretty well represented. I'm a Washington fan, and hope they do well. #6 is probably about right. Oregon has a really good quarterback, Justin Herbert, and should have a good running game. Defense? Probably not great, but if they average 40 to 50 points a game, they'll probably go 8 and 4 with scores like 56 to 49. Gonna be an interesting season, as usual.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:26 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
I think the Pac12 is pretty well represented. I'm a Washington fan, and hope they do well. #6 is probably about right. Oregon has a really good quarterback, Justin Herbert, and should have a good running game. Defense? Probably not great, but if they average 40 to 50 points a game, they'll probably go 8 and 4 with scores like 56 to 49. Gonna be an interesting season, as usual.
The Pac-12 is pretty much sprinkled all over the Top 25, so it'll be interesting to see where they eventually shake out. They even threw Utah and Arizona a couple of below-the-radar, bottom-feeder bones!

Old 08-21-2018, 10:32 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The Pac-12 is pretty much sprinkled all over the Top 25, so it'll be interesting to see where they eventually shake out. They even threw Utah and Arizona a couple of below-the-radar, bottom-feeder bones!

A lot of times Pac-12 schools do pretty well with non-conference games, then they start playing in conference and literally beat the hell out of each other, well maybe not Washington State, but you never know.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:01 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
A lot of times Pac-12 schools do pretty well with non-conference games, then they start playing in conference and literally beat the hell out of each other, well maybe not Washington State, but you never know.
That's exactly right, Will.

They tend to gravitate into punching each other's lights out, and in the process they mess up their own conference a bit!

Old 08-22-2018, 10:45 AM

6,080 posts, read 9,110,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger View Post

Duquesne vs. UMass

Duquesne vs. UMass

Old 08-24-2018, 07:53 AM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Welcome back for the 2018 season!

Duquesne vs. UMass. I would hope they would win
Jacksonville State vs. North Carolina A&T. More people here to see the bands or the actual game??
Prairie View A&M vs. Rice. Probably not many wins for Rice, but they should get 1 here.
Hawaii vs. Colorado State. Cam the Rams at home.
Wyoming vs. New Mexico State. I'll take Wyoming on the road here.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:39 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,089,079 times

Duquesne vs. UMass I am going to go against the trend here as the Dukes have several FBS Transfers ready to take them to the next level, while UMass still seems to be wavering on bottom ten days and tends to take games like this too leisurely.

Jacksonville State vs. North Carolina A&T Preseason rankings have AT&T winning their division. But I hate to vote against JAX State...my nephew goes there, my brother in law went there and they find ways to win especially at home.
Prairie View A&M vs. Rice May be the only win for the OWLS this year
Hawaii vs. Colorado State I have to agree, The Rams at home should get the job done.
Wyoming vs. New Mexico State Go with the line here, I think Wyoming will cover the 3.5 even on the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football