Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2009, 05:50 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times

Advertisements

TCU must have had some great teams in the past.

They played in the 1957 Cotton Bowl and beat Syracuse 28-27.
( Syracuse had a famous running back ----Jim Brown)

We didn't have television at home, but I recall listening to that exciting game on the radio up here in Minnesota.( 11 years old)

There were few bowl games back then, so TCU must have been pretty darn good.

I believe they were still in the SWC then.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 01:43 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
The 'Pack have been a disappointment so far. Nice try today guys but as the case in the past 3-4 games the Defense can't friggin stop anyone.

Hopefully the Georgia-Florida game will be entertaining.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:48 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,459,023 times
Iowa is pathetic. They are slow, have a horrible QB, and worthless defense. Can someone in the weak a$$ Big 10 beat these fools? I do not want to see them somehow get into the NC by default if other teams lose. It's bad enough they may be yet another sacrificial lamb for the Pac-10 in the Rose Bowl, but please no more Big 10 teams.

Old 10-31-2009, 02:41 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,605,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Iowa is pathetic. They are slow, have a horrible QB, and worthless defense. Can someone in the weak a$$ Big 10 beat these fools? I do not want to see them somehow get into the NC by default if other teams lose. It's bad enough they may be yet another sacrificial lamb for the Pac-10 in the Rose Bowl, but please no more Big 10 teams.
tOSU has the best shot and will probably get it done.

Good luck tonight, I hope you guys roll!!

Old 10-31-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
tOSU has the best shot and will probably get it done.

Good luck tonight, I hope you guys roll!!
Thanks. I'm cautiously optimistic. If our QB, Masoli, can pass tonight, we win. If he is off, it may be a long night. We''ll see.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
It's not that USC wouldn't play any of the upper tier SEC teams, Those upper tier SEC teams are afraid to play any of the top teams in the nation, including USC. Look at their OOC schedule!! They play teams like Troy, Fla International. They are afraid to lose because they know if they lose an OOC game, and possibly a conf. game, that just may eliminate them from any chance at a BCS title game.

USC isn't afraid of any SEC team, and would gladly play any of them. But in recent years only Auburn and Arkansas was brave enough to play them, and both got whipped. So those teams like Fla and LSU will continue to play teams like Troy, Fla Intl. and the Sister's of Mercy.

USC sure didn't look like a top team again tonight. They couldn't survive a SEC schedule.USC is too use to a easy shcedule then playing a big ten team in the rose bowl.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 PM

44-20 Oregon Muthafu**in' Ducks...nuff said! Domination to its fullest!

If you happened to witness the game, remember LaMichael James, soon to be the best Oregon running back of all time.

P.S. Why in the world was Tennessee in black? That's silly, since so many of their fans here on this board pop off about how teams should wear their traditional colors.

But, who cares? There is no way that there is any offense that is better than the Ducks right now...

Discuss...oh, and here is a reminder of who LJ is...

YouTube - Lamichael James High School Highlights

I'm glad we didn't get Bryce Black, Green, Yellow...or whoever that scrub was...he would have taken away reps from LJ

Last edited by Acuda; 10-31-2009 at 10:52 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
USC sure didn't look like a top team again tonight. They couldn't survive a SEC schedule.USC is too use to a easy shcedule then playing a big ten team in the rose bowl.
Sheet, the SEC has looked like garbage this year. Who would SC lose to? A pathetic Arkansas who should have beaten UF if they were not screwed by the refs? Or maybe Bama who has an inept offense that claims that thier rb is so great against teams that are ranked pathetically low against the run?

The Oregon Ducks would run all over the SEC. Yep, I said it. We just put up over 600 on the Trojans...we also had over 300 yards on the ground with a redshirt freshman leading the way...the future looks bright...Go Ducks!

Last edited by Acuda; 10-31-2009 at 11:11 PM..

Old 10-31-2009, 11:19 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
This years SEC, if it is thats laughable, they've survive the SEC alright, the SEC is waaaay overrated this year. Its not like USC lost to a crap team, this was a 10th rank Ducks team.

Add to the fact they have the most overrated QB in the nation (not to mention he's a true freshman), this is a rebuilding year for them. I'm just sick of people saying USC couldn't handle it in the SEC and I'm no USC fan by the way, just some of the chest thumping what goes on is unbelievable.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:34 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,453,791 times
I guess though now the question is will Boise State stay above Oregon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football